Special characters ("é") in folder names make the PS3 unable to see files

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
AuthenticM

Special characters ("é") in folder names make the PS3 unable to see files

Post by AuthenticM »

This is a recent thing and may be attributed to an error in UMS' programming. I noticed some weeks ago that my PS3 couldn't see video files inside folders anymore. It could navigate any folder, including those with special characters such as "é", but could not see the files inside those folders. So I took out the "é" from the folder, restarted UMS and boom, all the files could be seen and read again. I reinserted the "é" in the folder name, restarted UMS and as I predicted, the files became invisible again.

This error might not be obvious as it would only affect non-english users. Please remedy this. Thanks.

edit: just to clarify: it used to not be this way. I have been using UMS for years with my PS3 and it just started doing this very recently. I couldn't say exactly when and starting with which version of UMS, but it is the case with the latest version, 5.2.2
willzigg

Re: Special characters ("é") in folder names make the PS3 unable to see files

Post by willzigg »

I confirm this is still a bug in version 6.6.0. Considering é is the first letter of the French word for "episode" (which is "épisode"…), this is quite a problem for the frog eater I am…!

I hope you'll manage to solve this.

Thanks!
Sami32

Re: Special characters ("é") in folder names make the PS3 unable to see files

Post by Sami32 »

Posting a trace log will have been useful...

Please, just click on the red link in my signature and follow the steps. Thanks.