Vizio Smart TVs

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Vizio Smart TVs

Post by SubJunk »

I think all the info is already returned, ExSport. Can you give me logs from a case where removing the renderer config makes more identifying info show up?
jackarbiter

Post by jackarbiter »

Sorry I haven't been able to test much, had to finish up a project for work and my wife has actually been using the TV. TVs should only be used for testing media servers, not for watching, but she does not agree.

Reports are the crappy e series won't ever show up in device spy and doesn't give much data otherwise when communicating with media servers. Was sort of hoping Ranger would get things back on track.

Plex supposedly gets vizios to work with the following:

Code: Select all

<Client name="Vizio TV">
    <Identification>
        <Header name="User-Agent" substring="IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0" />
        <Header name="USER-AGENT" substring="IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0" />
    </Identification>
    <Settings>
        <Setting name="IgnoreTranscodeByteRangeRequests" value="true" />
        <Setting name="TimelineBufferOffset" value="5" />
    </Settings>
    <TranscodeTargets>
        <VideoProfile container="mpeg" codec="mpeg2video" audioCodec="ac3" />
        <MusicProfile container="mp3" codec="mp3" />
        <PhotoProfile container="jpeg" />
    </TranscodeTargets>
    <DirectPlayProfiles>
        <VideoProfile container="mpeg" codec="mpeg2video" audioCodec="ac3" />
        <MusicProfile container="mp3" codec="mp3" />
        <PhotoProfile container="jpeg" />
    </DirectPlayProfiles>
    <CodecProfiles>
        <VideoCodec name="*">
            <Limitations>
                <UpperBound name="video.width" value="1920" />
                <UpperBound name="video.height" value="1080" />
            </Limitations>
        </VideoCodec>
    </CodecProfiles>
</Client>
Note the IgnoreTranscodeByteRangeRequests setting. Not sure if UMS could have something like that (or if it already does).
DoubleG

Post by DoubleG »

Howdy!

I'm not really super keen on how to make this work, but I wanted to let you know that I've been following the thread since I've been having the negative buffer thing and the delayed movie start (basically transcoding the whole thing before it starts I think it was?) with both PS3 Media server and UMS. I'm willing to test whatever you guys want to try on my Vizio Smart TV (E601i-A3E), as I really love the TV but wish I could get some of my videos to the TV! I've tried various things myself with no success.

Thanks!

DoubleG
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

@SubJunk: I derived from log posted here where no info was present but later I tested it myself and also when I was checking another log from user here in forum I saw the same as you, search string is visible also after switching UMS to trace in time renderer is already detected. So I think no change is required:-)
Thx
Ranger187

Post by Ranger187 »

Well, to be quite honest, there's enough info here for a DEV to HELP us out and point us in the direction that's needed.

So can we get some help here?

DEV's, tell me what I need to do with my M series to help make this work. We've already provided logs and full details in the last few pages.
Ranger187

Post by Ranger187 »

Anything?

I'm off all this week. I can troubleshoot this more if someone can help me with that...
sukh77

Post by sukh77 »

did you try what I posted on the previous page?
Ranger187

Post by Ranger187 »

I'll try it now....
Ranger187

Post by Ranger187 »

sukh77 wrote:did you try what I posted on the previous page?
I tried it.... Nothing major. Didn't resolve anything to write home about.
ziekko

Post by ziekko »

So I have a E601i-A3, and have done quite a bit of experimenting with Plex Media Server, PS3, and UMS. Plex works perfectly other than it does not transcode files, and both PS3, and UMS have the same exact issue. Which is a very long delay in browsing the directory structure, but once I get it playing it seems to work just fine. The symptoms I see are exactly as in the previous posts, and the exact issue is very well described by Ranger187. The thing that shed a bit of light on what was going on was when I started playing with the TranscodedVideoFileSize option, and changed it to -1, and what do you know browsing was just as fast as it should be, however the videos do not play, and the duration is not displayed on the TV. This leads me to believe that all of the requests from the Vizio asking for the file size of the movie are not being responded to, or not being responded to correctly. So in short what needs to be fixed is Media Info Database that hands out the duration of the video. Can the transcoded file size be part of the media info and be responded via database rather than calling the video file? Or can it just be specified that it is 129:20:00 as it does when it is unable to determine the duration? I would love to help more with this issue in anyway I can, just let me know what you need.