Vizio Smart TVs

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Ranger187

Re: Vizio Smart TVs

Post by Ranger187 »

Thanks DeFlanko, I feel that if people OFFER testing as much as they complain, we will resolve issues. My Sony BDP fix is proof of that.

Ok, here's the first test. I will have to replicate/repeat it because I got fed up and closed it down, and I think UMS flushes the logs when you do that. Each time I hit stop after a file started playing for a little. And at the end of each test FULLY EXITED PMS and RESTARTED THE APPLICATION.

SEE THIS PAGE FOR MOVIES: 13 AND 28 info: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=487&start=40#p9074

Test 1 log = Not uploaded
Test 2 log = UPLOADED
Test 3 log =UPLOADED
Test 4 log = UPLOADED
Test 5 log =UPLOADED

======
Test 1:
======

1. Navigated to C:\Users\Rick\Downloads and played: "7.mov" which took about 15 seconds to even play when I pressed it. (The log will show this I hope).
2. Navigates to C:\Users\Rick\Downloads\-=VIDEOS=-\ and this is when it memory dumps and craps out the SECOND I go from page 1 (of 3) to page 2. It's attempting to PLAY every file and is stuck on the first one (I'm assuming because it's saying: "Serving Armistice"....

======
Test 2:
======
NO SETTINGS CHANGED
====================

1. Navigated to C:\Users\Rick\Downloads and had to go to page 2 and played: "7.mov" which took about 2 minutes and 25 seconds to even state it was playing But this time it just sat with a black screen when it showed it was playing on the TV.

======
Test 3:
======
NO SETTINGS CHANGED
====================

1. Navigated to C:\Users\Rick\Downloads and had to go to page 2 and played: "7.mov" which took about 2 minutes and 10 seconds to even state it was playing, around 2:45 it started PHYSICALLY playing (I could see it).
2. I changed to page 1 and that sat for minutes. I gave up counting at this point. <----------------MAJOR ISSUE. THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME GOING FROM ONE PAGE TO ANOTHER.
3. Navigated to C:\Users\Rick\Downloads\-=VIDEOS=- and again it starts indexing and locks up. It won't display the page until it indexes the first page. <---------MAJOR ISSUE
4. Navigated to E:\-=VIDEOS=- and played 13 and waited for minutes before it started playing. <--- It seems 2 minutes 30 seconds is common here.
4a. Stopped playing 13 and hit play on 28. This time it took nearly 4 minutes roughly. <--------------WHAT THE EFFFFFFFF
5. I hit stop (I hit stop always) and it again froze the tv. At this point I came into the other room and stopped UMS and attached the log.

Test 4:
======
ADDED: ChunkedTransfer=true
====================

1. Navigated to C:\Users\Rick\Downloads and and played: "7.mov" <---- Took forever again.
2. Navigated to C:\Users\Rick\ and it locks up and won't show the page for a while so I exit out of the TV DLNA and go back in.
3. Navigated to E:\-=VIDEOS=- and played 13 and it played almost INSTANTLY <-------- CHUNKED?
4a. Stopped playing 13 and hit play on 28. This time it took nearly 4 minutes roughly. <--------------WHAT THE EFFFFFFFF
5. I hit stop (I hit stop always) and it again froze the tv. At this point I came into the other room and stopped UMS and attached the log.

Test 5:
======
REMOVED: IgnoreTranscodeByteRangeRequests=true (SEEMS THIS DOES WORSE AS A WHOLE REMOVED!)
====================

1. Navigated to C:\Users\Rick\Downloads and and played: "7.mov" <---- It played a little faster.
2. Navigated to C:\Users\Rick\ and it locks up and won't show the page for a while so I exit out of the TV DLNA and go back in.
3. Navigated to E:\-=VIDEOS=- and played 28 and after about 10-20 minutes (you'll see massive errors) and it showed the playing but it took another 2-5 minutes to play!
4. Cycled the power on the TV, went back in.
5. Navigated to E:\-=VIDEOS=- and played 13 which took around 2-4 minutes to play.
Attachments
ums_dbg-test4.zip
(70.43 KiB) Downloaded 556 times
ums_dbg-test3.zip
(86.84 KiB) Downloaded 557 times
ums_dbg-test2.zip
(32.44 KiB) Downloaded 550 times
Ranger187

Post by Ranger187 »

Test 5 log attached.

PLEASE GO THROUGH ALL 4 TEST LOGS THOROUGHLY as I spent nearly 2 hours waiting for all the stupid files to play.

I'll await your reply and suggestions.

Thanks everyone! Let's get this resolved.
Attachments
ums_dbg-test5.zip
(274.87 KiB) Downloaded 554 times
Ranger187

Post by Ranger187 »

The 3 attachments are to show what it does on the TV.

Photo1.jpg = When it "starts" playing but hasn't played yet. This is normally after a few minutes.

Photo2.jpg = When it's actually playing.

Photo3.jpg = When I press play, and it just sits there waiting before it does what Photo1.jpg shows.
Attachments
photo 3.JPG
photo 3.JPG (1.65 MiB) Viewed 16440 times
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (1.28 MiB) Viewed 16440 times
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 16440 times
Ranger187

Post by Ranger187 »

Bump....
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

When it comes to triaging error logs and getting into application errors i have to defer to the development team and Subjunk.

Ranger, you have provided some excellent logging and descriptive steps on what is happening -- in a side note, i wish other forum members spent that same energy on testing like you have. :)

id like to also add did you make a github issue ticket for this as well?
Ranger187

Post by Ranger187 »

No sir, I haven't. Because usually they are resolved by now. If you could provide me with the details on where to do that, I'd gladly do so!
Ranger187

Post by Ranger187 »

DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

yeah for more elaborate code based fixes its best to track that stuff in GitHub... better visibility..
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi guys, thanks for all the effort and logs. I'll be able to help with this in a few days since at the moment I don't have a way to test the program, I'm waiting for a break-in period on a new TV to be over
Ranger187

Post by Ranger187 »

And thank you for helping the Vizio users to get a more useful option.

Can't wait to get this to work like TvMobili does for my tv.. I'm loyal to UMS, so I'll stick with it until we win this battle. ;)