PS4 disconnecting every 20 minutes

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
CZSK

Re: PS4 disconnecting every 20 minutes

Post by CZSK »

I had the same problem. Try deleting java and reinstalling it. It fixed my problem.
bazoozoo

Post by bazoozoo »

I already try it. And already change java version to 8 and UMS to java8 version-problem not solved :(
CZSK

Post by CZSK »

bazoozoo wrote:I already try it. And already change java version to 8 and UMS to java8 version-problem not solved :(
Have you deinstalled PS4 media player on your PS4, including its save file? If you just delete media player, save file will not be deleted. You have to delete save file manually.
If this does not help, delete PS4 media player, java and UMS and install it again. Newest java version is 9.1.
keithmartin322

Post by keithmartin322 »

Removing

Code: Select all

<string>-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true</string>
fixed the issue for me.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

That's interesting since that IPv4Stack string has been around for a long time. Maybe PS4 released an update regarding that.
We removed that option previously but had to add it back since it caused issues for people to not have it, so we need to be careful with this one.
erick diangilis

Post by erick diangilis »

ps4 tends to be tricky to connections i recommend to connect the console directily wired to a modem wich is also a wifi router like i'm doing here, i'm using the universal media server 6.4.1 snapshot second compilation, my pc with Windows 10 64 bits, using two javas the 8 update 112b04 and 9 update 128 both in 64 bits too. the ps4 is working fine no disconnection at all i think the problem could a configuration on the ps4 or on the network any wrong setting could be a disaster to the ums.
about the java you can also try the lastest released version wich is the 8 update 102 from the oracle website or you can try the one that i'm using now too.

have a nice day everyone and good luck ;)
}{yBr!D^

Post by }{yBr!D^ »

Where is this "<string>-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true</string>" String on a Windows 10 PC? I can't seem to locate the files which has this string.

Been having disconnection issues forever and I'm about to go insane.........
BlackHeart

Post by BlackHeart »

Hey Guys.

I had the same issue, and I solved it by giving my PS4 a static IP from the network settings. No disconnections ever since, and it works like a charm. I gather that having it on DHCP, would cause the router to give it a new IP every now and then, which would cause the server to stop working and then try to reconnect.

Hope I helped.
atamariya

Post by atamariya »

}{yBr!D^ wrote:Where is this "<string>-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true</string>" String on a Windows 10 PC? I can't seem to locate the files which has this string.

Been having disconnection issues forever and I'm about to go insane.........
Use the latest version of UMS. And if you are upgrading UMS, make sure to use http_engine_v2.

Code: Select all

http_engine_v2=true
Wade-Wilson

Post by Wade-Wilson »

Hey guys, so I dont know if anyone is still having this issue. But I just got this program two days ago and it was happening to me.So after a little bit of investigating(and reinstalling) I noticed that it really only started happening after I removed a folder from being shared. A couple of minutes after removing one, I would get kicked out. So I reset the program and was looking at the logs as it kept happening and I noticed every time it happened it was attempting to look at a previously played video from the folder that was removed. Hit reset cache on the "Navigation/Shared Settings" tab, reset the server and it hasnt happened since. Hope this helps someone else. If it does let me know :).