PS4 disconnecting every 20 minutes

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: PS4 disconnecting every 20 minutes

Post by SubJunk »

jeffreydvp wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:35 pm For people still running into this, there is a setting on the PS4 to automatically stop applications after 20 minutes. This was the issue for me. Simply increase the the time to stop applications to 2+ hours, or disable this functionality
Would you be able to share a photo of this setting with us please? It would help a lot of people and we can add it to our documentation
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I have seen a similar suggestion somewhere else on this forum. I believe it was in the Power Saving Settings.
DSC_0117-50%.JPG
DSC_0117-50%.JPG (131.93 KiB) Viewed 18131 times
DSC_0118-50%.JPG
DSC_0118-50%.JPG (109.57 KiB) Viewed 18131 times
DSC_0119-50%.JPG
DSC_0119-50%.JPG (93.34 KiB) Viewed 18131 times
I don't think there was a media playback option on previous versions (I'm on 7.51) so that might have been the issue in the past but shouldn't happen now.

If it was just this option I would expect the PS4 to turn off, not just disconnect from UMS though. Looking though all the settings I couldn't see anything else that it could be.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
jeffreydvp

Post by jeffreydvp »

mik_s wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:56 am I have seen a similar suggestion somewhere else on this forum. I believe it was in the Power Saving Settings.

I don't think there was a media playback option on previous versions (I'm on 7.51) so that might have been the issue in the past but shouldn't happen now.

If it was just this option I would expect the PS4 to turn off, not just disconnect from UMS though. Looking though all the settings I couldn't see anything else that it could be.
This is exactly the setting I was referring to. Sadly, after making this change, the issue still occurred for me and is still happening. I went to go delete my post on here, but my post seemed to had vanished (I didn't realize the thread was paginated), so I didn't think it actually posted my reply
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Darn, I got excited about it. It was worth a try
sake

Post by sake »

I experience the very same issue, but with me, this happens on the 52+ min every single time. Strange!

P.S. I have adjusted the Sleep function:
Prevent Sleep: While Running

Any ideas? :roll:

Additional Info: I use UMS 9.5.0 and do not believe that this is something connected with my settings (router/LAN/WAN) because I am currently migrating away from Serviio and didn`t have such issues with it. Thanks everyone for the support.
+ my TV (Sony KD-49XD) has a static internal IP address
+ my main OS is Win 7 x64
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I have an idea about this. Can you try changing the line in renderer/Sony-PlayStation4.conf:

Code: Select all

TranscodedVideoFileSize = -1
to:

Code: Select all

TranscodedVideoFileSize = 100000000000
it will likely make the length of videos appear wrong, because it is reporting a fake length, but it might also stop the video from stopping early
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Can anyone try this?
sake

Post by sake »

I will definitely give it a try ASAP, but I do not have access to my main laptop. Could take some time before I do the tests, but will definitely get back in touch with you because the issue was not resolved last time.

Thanks for looking into this.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It has been almost a month since the last activity in this thread, any updates?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Ok I bought a PS4 to get this working, since everyone is ditching them for PS5s ;) Trying to reproduce it now