PS4 disconnecting every 20 minutes

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Kruksten

Re: PS4 disconnecting every 20 minutes

Post by Kruksten »

I ran MyPC Utilities this morning to try and fix another problem I had. It didn't fix that problem but whatever the program cleaned up(temp files, junk files, registry entries), fixed the 20 or so minutes problem. I've watched 3 different videos(2 around 80 minutes and 1 almost 2 hours) and they all played fine.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Wow, that's unexpected
Kruksten

Post by Kruksten »

the problem is back. :(
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Recently my internet connection has changed which has allowed me to have my PS4 on the same network now and have started using my PS4 to watch videos that have to be transcoded.

I have yet to have this happen to me over the past few days, but I do remember it happening an issue a few years ago.

I can't remember if UMS was streaming or transcoding at the time when it did happen though.

Could you try both streaming and transcoding while creating logs to see if there is any difference?

If you enable "add engine names after filenames" in navigation settings it will be obvious what will be transcoded
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.