Xbox Audio rendering problem

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Steelrain

Xbox Audio rendering problem

Post by Steelrain »

Hello, i'm using UMC on a Windows 7 environment which streams its content to an Xbox360.

Now here's the problem, when i'm watching a serie of a proximity of 20 minutes there is no problem. when the duration extends about 20 minutes the audio starts lagging with the video so over time the latency in audio and video is so extreme it looks like a good old english dubbed asian movie( nothing wrong with an english dubbed asian movie, when your mind is set to it of course :lol:).

I was thinking it could be the streaming but here's the catch, everything is running on LAN and not on Wi-Fi.

if anyone is experiencing the some problem or if somebody found the answer, please let me know!!!

with kind regards,

Steelrain
dixm

Re: Xbox Audio rendering problem

Post by dixm »

I removed all the k lite pack divx drivers and ac3 filter. Then installed a sharky007 codex pack. That fixed all my 360 issues, except 720p/108p look terrible. Stick to ums for hd content :)
I sugest turning subtitles off definitely to remove the stutter if you are getting it, and you may need to remove ac3 and dts support in hte 360.conf file as they seem to be on and off between software releases to the 360. Licencing probably.
Steelrain

Post by Steelrain »

Hi Dixm,

Thank you for the reply!
I had a go at your info but that did not work. what i did find out is that with a .mp4 the problem does not happen but other extension like .MKV it does happen.

i'm considering converting all the files, it's a hassal but it looks like the only solution thus far.
elite4ever

Post by elite4ever »

i have the exact same problem. No solution so far. I am really not in the mood of coverting everything to mp4 :x
One question, your connection is wired or wireless ?