RESOLVED: DirecTV HRxx and Hxx Thread

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
djmajicmixx

Re: RESOLVED: DirecTV HRxx and Hxx Thread

Post by djmajicmixx »

The Transcoder Engine That You Have First Is Having Trouble Transcoding The Video Format. Switch To A Different Video Transcoding Engine. I Use MEncoder.
finlay

Post by finlay »

I'm currently using stock 3.1 UMS

I have Mencoder as my first transcoder, and even disabled VLC and ffmpeg

Movies start, they stutter a bit audio is good, after 2-4 minutes they stop with an error saying the video rate has been exceeded.
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

finlay wrote:I have an HR24 and no matter what i change the MaxVideoBitrateMbps= to after a couple minutes every video says it exceeds the the video rate and stops.

The debug just shows the video starting and stopping.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Finlay
The MaxVideoBitrateMbps= is a formulated number, from what i understand from Subjunk its not the actual MB speed... That number is specifically set to the number by default because the Directv Mediashare is verrrry finicky -- originally i used: vrc_maxrate=8192:vrc_buf_size=8192

but Subjunk put all that original code into the build so that we can use MaxVideoBitrateMbps=16 instead.

I would also advise to change your resolution size to the below if you're on wireless (smaller resolution genuinely means smaller files to send to the renderer):

MaxVideoWidth = 1280
MaxVideoHeight = 720
Griffin_NC

Post by Griffin_NC »

I still haven't had any luck with UMS and my DirecTV devices. I even change the bitrate to 14 and still get a error about the video bit rate being to high.
Espionage724

Post by Espionage724 »

I'm having no luck at all with getting video to even start playback. I have a HR44 Geine, a HR24 DVR, and 3 mini-geines (C41-100). I have various .mkv and .m4v videos, and none of them will play on any reciever. They show up on Mediashare, but have x's on them.

I tried the default conf, and a few confs in this thread to no avail. If I understand right, the reciever shows the x due to it not being the right format, but isn't UMS supposed to transcode the video to an acceptable format?
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Now that Chrome Cast is working, i can revisit this -- give me some time to fix this renderer.
Trouble15

Post by Trouble15 »

I only read pages 8 & 9. I have had some luck getting the C31-700 box to work. With the Tversity server (old version 1.7.1.x.x) I was able to watch a movie on my c31-700 box that was an .flv file of all things! If I converted a 1080p video to 720 it would try to play but would look all pixelated.

Here are the properties I could get for the .flv that played perfectly with Tversity:

file size: 503mb

Stream 0
Type: Video
Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
resolution: 704X304
Frame rate: 23.976000
Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Stream 1
Type: Audio
Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)
Channels: Stereo
Sample rate: 44100 Hz

I haven't been able to get any videos to play using UMS on the c31 box although I haven't put much time into it since I moved the DVR in my room.

If I can provide anything else helpful let me know?
Unctom

Post by Unctom »

Is there a way to add fast forward and rewind to the Directv configuration?