mkv - Not transcoding languages..

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Sami32

Re: mkv - Not transcoding languages..

Post by Sami32 »

Sorry for my late answer, i missed your post.

It's look like you're running it as a Daemon service, so it could be normal that you doesn't have a GUI mode ;)

I'm not a Linux user, but perhaps you should uninstall UMS and re-install it following these steps:
https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... structions

Hoping that will help you.
DragonOneDK

Post by DragonOneDK »

Hello again.

Right - now I've uninstalled UMS 6.4.0 and removed the demon scripts.

Downloaded UMS 6.5.0 and installed following the instructions as suggested.

I expected the GUI to be launched on the desktop but when accessing the computer via TeamViewer, I still could not see any GUI.

I started poking around to figure out why the problem still persists. After a while I started a terminal from the Desktop via TeamViewer and ran the UMS.sh script from there and all of a sudden I had a GUI :D

*IMPORTANT LESSON START*
You cannot start the UMS gui via a standard ssh connection and expect to access it on the desktop afterwards.
*IMPORTANT LESSON END*

GUI came up, setup wizard used and tested viewing the same file on the PS3 as before.
Log trace attached

EDIT - Also tested on Andriod via "Slick uPnP" (identified as Chromecast) - replaced debug log with one containing this also.
Attachments
2016-08-13-ums_dbg-2.zip
(125.52 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Thanks for your feedback.
I agree that subtitles part is not well documented, and the documentation is spread at different locations.
Perhaps you meet some in your UMS.conf file but maybe not for Linux users as for now...

Modify the values in your Transcoding Settings tab as following:
(Forced language da)
Audio language priority da,en,und
Subtitles language priority da,en,und
Audio/subtitles languages priority da,off;*,da;*,en;*,und

Don't forget to restart UMS after have done these changes.

If you get again problem after that, you need to go inside your #-TRANSCODE-# folder, after activate it in "Navigation/Share Settings" tab, and try with [MEncoder], [FFmpeg], the audio/subtitle combination that meet your needs.

Hoping that will help you.

P.S. Nothing to do with your issue, but i saw that you use an old MediaInfo 0.7.67 version.
Last edited by Sami32 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
DragonOneDK

Post by DragonOneDK »

Hi Sami32

Did the corrections as suggested and tested on Andriod Slick uPnP (using VLC) - and sound now on danish

Thank you very much for your patience and great assistance - it is much appriciated. :D