No streaming to Samsung renderers

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
hermie

No streaming to Samsung renderers

Post by hermie »

Hello all,

I am quite frustrated with my Samsung Tv's and with UMS. I have been trying to stream from my PC to two different Samsung Tv's with no success since upgrading to Windows 10 about three months ago. One Samsung is a 4k UHD and the other is not. I have since reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate in hopes that this would fix the problem, but it hasn't. I have Windows firewall disabled and have shut off Norton firewall to no avail. Attached is my log file in hopes that it is something simple. In the meantime, I have installed Plex Media Server and it works great. I really like the features of UMS, so would like to get this working. Any help is appreciated.

ums_dbg.zip
(27.61 KiB) Downloaded 442 times
atamariya

Re: No streaming to Samsung renderers

Post by atamariya »

Try accessing the following URL(UMS) from another device on your network. It's most likely a routing/firewall issue.

http://192.168.0.16:9001
hermie

Post by hermie »

Thanks for the reply...I was able to access UMS by entering the URL(UMS) you suggested and play media on my laptop from another data jack in my home. So at this point, does this mean it's a Samsung problem? Should I do a factory reset of both TV's?

Thanks for your help
atamariya

Post by atamariya »

Did you create "Samsung-UHD.conf"? If you can attach it here, might give me some clue.