Samsung BD JM57C

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
ultraman

Samsung BD JM57C

Post by ultraman »

This is a cheap b-ray disc player that supports mkv and other formats.. it supports dnla aswell.

Got this thing time ago and now just playing with it I installed UMS, but im having some troubles with it. Started haing problems listing all the files (I imagine was using the default render... unknown), only after i told the UMS to use BDC 6800 started getting the list of all the files in the folder. Still dont know whats the reason for this so if anybody can tell me would be cool, thanks.

Tested this setup like for a day and got intermittent problems, some files play fine once, then they fail to play with a "unknown file type" or something like that... then played fine like for 20 minutes playing any file i threw to it (actually 2 nights ago played like a champ for like 2 hours) and then failed again giving me that file type unknown file error or I was getting loading and nothing happened in the screen leaving that there for 5 minutes and had to press the home button in the remote control, when that happened I went to check the logs and the log said that I was playing the file and then after a second it said I stopped playing it... The other weird behavoir is that if i have 5 files in a folder that are exactly the same characteristics encoding wise, same subs type, video and audio type.. the 1st file doesnt play, the second doesnt do it either and for example the 3rd one does with the unknown file type error and then I get a msg in the corner saying that is loading after a couple of seconds, it loads fine... then I do a back in the remote control and plays fine the other files that were rejected before.

The other thing I noticed is that the files have a jan 1 1970 date under them, read that it was like fixed in a previous release but I have that one aswell.

I modified the bdc6800 render to recognize the JM57C and looks like i have it working up to that point but the intermittent problems are still there. BTW anybody can tell me where the pictures Png files are to replace the picture for the right one? just an old guy cant figure it out anything now a days :) In case somebody wonder I have this thing wirelessly connected to the house network and honestly the image is fine when it works, thought wireless was going to be really choppy and bad imagine quality... really cool software you guys have.

Oh before i forget, sometimes the what I notice is that the file name of some files that were played fine changed their name to filename {ASS... mpg} clearly it is showing me the detail of what is inside of the container, no idea if that is because is rendering or not... just 1st time playing with this software.

Any suggestions about modifications to the renderer file that could help???

Thanks a lot.