LG UH6150

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Supermanfan77

LG UH6150

Post by Supermanfan77 »

I have a new Smart TV and I am in need of some guidance. In UMS 2 profiles show up for my TV (LG-EG910V & LG-LA6200) How do I know which profile my TV is using? And also what would I enter into said config file to bypass the transcoders without having to go into the Transcode folder on my TV? My TV has no issues playing all my videos so far without transcoding.
Sami32

Re: LG UH6150

Post by Sami32 »

You have 2 choice:

- Make your own renderer, following the steps given if you click on the purple link in my signature.
- Post your full trace log, as explained if your click on the red link in my signature, and we can make it for you ;)

Note: LG-LA6200 renderer is a general one, so it's better than nothing but not appropriate in most case, imho.
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

Sami32 wrote:You have 2 choice:

- Make your own renderer, following the steps given if you click on the purple link in my signature.
- Post your full trace log, as explained if your click on the red link in my signature, and we can make it for you ;)

Note: LG-LA6200 renderer is a general one, so it's better than nothing but not appropriate in most case, imho.
Thanks for the advice Sami32. I have created a trace log, as I don't think I'd be able to make my own renderer without a lot of help.

EDIT. It won't let me attach a log, says the board attachment quota has been reached.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

You're welcome.

You can upload your full trace log to Google Drive or WeTransfer.com, or any other site without registration and ads, and post the link here.
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

Sami32 wrote:You're welcome.

You can upload your full trace log to Google Drive or WeTransfer.com, or any other site without registration and ads, and post the link here.
Thanks again Sami32.

Trace log can be found here; https://1drv.ms/f/s!Au8EcdXQNwftrB-P9YXxSx2mKx_j
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

It only a general LG WebOS profile, as i don't have your TV specifications.
If you have it you can post them here or install this beta UMS version and post a new trace log.
https://we.tl/3cvQXrwP4f

Just add the new renderer in your UMS renderer subfolder, and restart UMS.
LG-WebOS4K_2.conf
(2.94 KiB) Downloaded 562 times

P.S. It's not the first time that i saw that error with LG WebOS TV because we didn't implemented this service:

Code: Select all

DEBUG 2017-05-09 15:12:34.527 [cling-10] net.pms.network.UPNPControl Subscription failed: webos-second-screen-3000-3001 on [LG] webOS TV UH6150:  HTTP response was: 412 Precondition Failed
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

I installed your version of UMS and now posting trace logs from that to help you as I am not sure what the specifications are for my TV or where to find them. I do know that it will play, so far anyway, every file I've thrown at it without transcoding, if that helps in any way.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Au8EcdXQNwftrB-P9YXxSx2mKx_j Newest Trace log is called May 13.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Your "play everything" is certainly an mind illusion ;)
Do it play 3G2, 3GP, MOV, WEBM videos ? FLAC ? GIF ?

Because, from what i can see from your log, your video's formats support is very limited with your renderer.

In any case, do the renderer i posted already feeled your need ?
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

As of right now 99.9% of my videos are in MKV or MP4 and they play just fine, I don't think I have anything in the other formats you mentioned.

The render config file you made for me works for my needs, thank you very much :D

I did look at LG's website for my tv and I this was all I could find on formats.

• AUDIO
    Surround Sound ULTRA Surround
    Mono / Stereo / Dual (MTS / SAP) Yes
    Dolby® Digital Decoder Yes
    DTS Decoder DTS-HD
    Clear Voice Clear Voice III
    Audio Output / Speaker System 20W / 2.0ch
    harman/kardon Sound –
    Magic Sound Tuning –
    Smart Sound Mode Yes
    Hi-Fi Audio Yes
    TV Installation Type 3 modes (Stand Type I, Stand Type II, Wall-mounted Type)
    Wireless Sound Sync / Private Sound Sync –
    Audio Codec AC3(Dolby Digital), EAC3, HE-AAC, AAC, MP2, MP3, PCM, DTS, DTS-HD, DTS Express, WMA,.
Nothing at all about video or container formats.