Is there a plugin that'll let me stream internet radio?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
maryadavies

Is there a plugin that'll let me stream internet radio?

Post by maryadavies »

Okay. If you didn't know, the company that does TuneIn Radio quietly killed the service on the PS3. causing it to error about no internet connection when there IS a internet connection. (ARGH!) :(

Trouble is I was listening to FF Radio with it; I was wondering. Is there a plugin for Universal Media Server that'll let you 'cast a internet radio station like that to the PS3/4 so I can replace it? Thanks if you can point me at one. ^^
valib
Developer

Re: Is there a plugin that'll let me stream internet radio?

Post by valib »

Sorry there is not a plugin which can help you.
maryadavies

Post by maryadavies »

Bummer. Maybe someone can make one later; I'm sure this won't be the only thing that gets cut off.
theceo

Post by theceo »

i think you can crack the streaming links and play live radio on your website
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

We have the ability to add internet radio without a plugin, by adding your stream to the file "Web.conf"
We are also close to releasing an interface so you don't have to edit a file to do this
maryadavies

Post by maryadavies »

Subjunk; I'll be looking forward to that and hope that it does work with the station. Since I have wireless headphones, it just would be nice to NOT have to grab my phone when I want to walk around the upstairs while listening..

If it helps for testing, it's a standard .m3U file if you click on the Shoutcast/Winamp link, which I think is pretty normal.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Ok great, I'm not sure if we currently support that format for live streams (we do support it for local playlists) but I am interested in adding support for it, and I will use that radio station you posted to test
maryadavies

Post by maryadavies »

Thank you Subjunk! If I see any internet radio that uses another format I'll link it here so we can get it working. I might not be the only one annoyed by this discovery about Tunein Radio, really, for little indie stations like FF Radio. And I betcha not everyone likes video game tunes..

Tho I think for most that use the old Shoutcast standard, that's the standard format, but don't quote me on that.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

:) If you're interested in following the work on this there will be updates at https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ssues/1607
maryadavies

Post by maryadavies »

I will. Also the owner of FF Radio, Helkaweth, said he's interested in helping out with this if you need help. I've pointed him at the Github thread; hopefully that'll help solve this!