Windows Media Center Plugin (DVD ISOs only)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
wgilster

Windows Media Center Plugin (DVD ISOs only)

Post by wgilster »

I built a plugin that uses the Windows Media Center cache for a better DLNA browsing experience for those of you that rip your DVD ISOs to disk. It builds thumbnails from the DVD covers and allows a very flexible way of building hierarchical menus from the movie info. So for example, if you wanted to see all of the Sci-Fi movies that Bruce Willis has been in that are Rated R or everything that Steven Spielburg directed in 1999, you'd build a browsing tree that looks like this:
  • Genre
    • +---Actors
      • +----MPAA Rating
    Director
    • +---Release Year
Be sure to add your directories in WMC and browse your movie collection in WMC before you start UMS so it can properly discover your movies. For those of you that like another OS like Linux/Mac, I've got a program(Fix Movie Data) that builds the WMC cache from IMDB(with popularity ratings) and puts them in the cache as well. I haven't attached the Fix Movie Data app, but if someone wants to test it out on another OS, I can upload.

This plugin and the Fix Movie Data app has been tested and works great on:
Windows Media Center V6.1.7601.17514
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
UMC 3.3.0

When the forum starts allowing the .jar file extension, I'll upload and add to the public plugin database.
Last edited by wgilster on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeFlanko

Re: Windows Media Center Plugin (DVD ISOs only)

Post by DeFlanko »

Put it in a zip file =)
wgilster

Re: Windows Media Center Plugin (DVD ISOs only)

Post by wgilster »

renamed to zip
Attachments
wmc.zip
(104.33 KiB) Downloaded 523 times