Google Music plugin

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
jacoby

Re: Google Music plugin

Post by jacoby »

I get the same results as vedius.

I get the MORE folder but nothing else.

I can see in the log that it is adding songs, they just are not appearing on the PS3 (under audio, yes)

I just tried it on another DNLA device and it worked on that (a samsung bluray player) so I think it might be related to the PS3 specifically not working.

EDIT: and now it works on the PS3 also. Weird.

EDIT EDIT: spoke too soon. After getting to work on Samsung AllShare, tracklisting works on the PS3, but still no audio

also, I notice on both the PS3 and AllShare it reports the track file size as 94GB
jacoby

Post by jacoby »

Any update on this plugin?
dr. zoidberg

Post by dr. zoidberg »

I'm also interested in the current status of this plugin. I've currently got it working to stream Google Music using Foobar2000 as the media player.

I've got two issues to report
1. There seems to be a memory leak. Every time the song changes (sometimes every second change), the memory usage of UMS goes up and never comes down. Eventually you will start getting out of memory exceptions

2. Seeking doesn't work. I can seek if I play a locally hosted file through UMS but not if I play it from the Google Music plugin.

Great plugin!
umskitteh

Post by umskitteh »

Hi what is the status of this plugin? It seems to have loaded fine, as I'm getting a "Google Music" playlist showing up and no error messages, but I'm getting similar problems as others on here - no tracks showing up. In foobar2000 I can see that the playlists are loading and it lists the letters, saying "more, more" like in the other posts, but just no tracks. Has there been a change to gmusic? This is a clean install.

edit: I was able to get one android player to connect, but it only could view my playlists, and songs by title (A, b c), and the number of songs it was reporting was ~100, when my full library is more like 10k...The rest of the players will not play.
pna

Post by pna »

This plugin is unfortunately not working for me. I'll make a new one which is compatible with All Access.
As it might be useful for other users, i'll post it here once done.
dr. zoidberg

Post by dr. zoidberg »

pna wrote:This plugin is unfortunately not working for me. I'll make a new one which is compatible with All Access.
As it might be useful for other users, i'll post it here once done.
That would be great. If you need a tester let me know.
crack00r

Post by crack00r »

All Access would be great!!
:)
jt25741

Post by jt25741 »

Any status on a Google Play All Music capable plugin? Is it possible or are there technical barriors Google imposes for this to happen?

Thanks for any status.
caw

Post by caw »

Apparently there's been some change in the url's again. I can login successfully, but I don't get any folders or tracks. Just two folders appear:
- All songs
- Playlists
Both are empty. Error message in the log looks like this:
INFO 2014-07-08 19:40:32.549 [New I/O worker #2] gm exceptiuon java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://play.google.com/music/services/ ... UzMDM3Mg==
DEBUG 2014-07-08 19:40:32.549 [New I/O worker #2] Caught exception
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at net.sharkhunter.gmusic.GmPMSPlaylist.<init>(GmPMSPlaylist.java:25) ~[na:na]
at net.sharkhunter.gmusic.GmPMSPlaylist.<init>(GmPMSPlaylist.java:21) ~[na:na]
at net.sharkhunter.gmusic.GmRoot$2.discoverChildren(GmRoot.java:161) ~[na:na]
at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.discoverChildren(DLNAResource.java:1061) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.discoverWithRenderer(DLNAResource.java:974) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.getDLNAResources(DLNAResource.java:896) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at net.pms.network.RequestV2.answer(RequestV2.java:658) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.writeResponse(RequestHandlerV2.java:288) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.messageReceived(RequestHandlerV2.java:246) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.stream.ChunkedWriteHandler.handleUpstream(ChunkedWriteHandler.java:142) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpChunkAggregator.messageReceived(HttpChunkAggregator.java:145) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:296) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder.unfoldAndFireMessageReceived(FrameDecoder.java:459) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:536) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.messageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:435) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:268) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:255) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:88) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.process(AbstractNioWorker.java:108) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioSelector.run(AbstractNioSelector.java:318) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.run(AbstractNioWorker.java:89) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:178) ~[ums.jar:3.6.4]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
Debug log is in the attachment.

Thanks for any help or hint ...
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(18.89 KiB) Downloaded 670 times
stormy

Post by stormy »

No joy for me either I get;

11-25 18:35:18 gm exceptiuon java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://play.google.com/music/services/ ... ATASMEFNLV******************************