Channels Announce (13-11-11)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SharkHunter
Developer

Channels Announce (13-11-11)

Post by SharkHunter »

Hi,

I create this for just announcing new versions of Channels.

Latest release 2.22 (13-11-11) found at http://code.google.com/p/sharkhunter-shb/downloads/list

Features:
* Sync with new UMS
* Bug fix in channel download

* Sync with new UMS

* Misc channel fixes
* Prepare for resume
* and last played
* Misc bugs

* Mega Support
* URLResolver
* Opensubs support
* Misc channel updates

* Improved support for bad link detection
* Barviafy subs

* Support for bad link detection
* 1channel bug fix for movies

2.00:
* Monitor/Crawl support
* EZTV channel
* Standalone mode

/SharkHunter
Last edited by SharkHunter on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 8 times in total.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: Channels Announce (12-10-02)

Post by SharkHunter »

This is the longer version of the announcement.

Version 2.00 is out with monitor/crwal support as it's major feautre. What is this then? It is the favourite handling on steroids. WHen active (which is the default) you'll find a new folder at the Channels top level called "New Monitored Media" it will be empty from start :). Now browse in to a channel that supports monitoring (currently TPB and SVTPlay) and you'll see an "Add to favorite/monitor" entry. Click this and you'll start monitoring this show/series. Once a day (currently 0.15) Channels will go out and look if a new "episode" has been added out there on the internet if so it will add a link under the "New Monitored Media". So now you don't need to browse around the whole of channels anymore :)

Now to spice up things even more if you add "channels.crawl=true" Channels will start to download the new episode to you UMS server! Cool stuff ? (crawl is disabled by default)

So what do you need to configure all this?
channels.crawl=true - enables crawling
channels.monitor=false -disables monitor

channels.crawl_hl/channels.crawl_fl - will set how the crawl is made. The fl version can be first,last,all and indicates whch link crawl should pick. All is of course all.
Hl can be High,Medium,Low and willl pick the link that is "highest" etc.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Very cool!
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

On a side note I thought of adding a similar feature to the UMS core for files. We'll see if it works...
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: Channels Announce (12-10-18)

Post by SharkHunter »

New version 2.04 is out.

Content:

* Imporved handling of monitor
* Misc Channel updates (EZTV)
* Some log spam reductions
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: Channels Announce (12-11-10)

Post by SharkHunter »

New version 2.05 is out.

Content:

* Bug fixes in the monitor handling.
* Updated svt and tpb channels
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Do you want me to update the plugin installer version to 2.05 or keep it at 2.00?
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

You can change I'll need to change in the channles inst file only
gottoast

Post by gottoast »

So will the plugin installer now grab 2.05 in UMS 2.0.0?

I have a rather lengthy explanation as to what I'm encountering so if I should move it elsewhere please advise...

Just yesterday I went to install Channels 2.05 the manual way, replacing the jar file and replacing the channel files. Then for some dumb reason I pressed the Download & Install button with channels highlighted in the Plugin Management tab and it overwrote all the files with version 2.0.0 and changed a lot of paths in the UMS.conf that I had set effectively breaking Channels for me. The other thing I have been looking at was my original install of UMS had placed the channels folder outside of the extras folder (which I read a thread about and moved it) but the extras folder was pretty bare, lacking at least pearl and Python27 which made me wonder why anything had been working at all... Then with my pressing of the Download & Install button everything that had been missing was created but left me a bit of a mess, 2 channel folders, 2 scripts folders, some bad paths in the UMS.conf, and no working channels on my PS3 (I've never had everything working but now nothing was).

I removed the channels & scripts folder that were originally outside the extras folder. Went through the UMS.conf and fixed all the funky paths. Then again manually updated to channels 2.05 and I think I'm back to where I began so started going through the logs. Sticking to just IceFilms right now, I can successfully view somethings and not others. The ones that fail give me the following:

Code: Select all

[win32\ffmpeg.exe] Process C:\Program Files\Universal Media Server\win32\ffmpeg.exe has a return code of 1! Maybe an error occured... check the log file
I have debug set to trace, and see the exact same line in the debug.log. I read the same issue happening in the SharkHunter build 43 just before UMS was released in the PMS forum here: http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/vie ... &start=530

I think it may be happening only when folder limit is reached which I don't understand. Also when ever I have to use the folder limit trick the PS3 menu acts funny briefly, it'll create a duplicate file on screen then sometimes tell me there's nothing in the folder I'm trying to access but seems to clear itself up once I back out again and give it a minute.

I've packed up the debug logs, in it they'll show an example of successfully running a file on IceFilms that didn't hit the folder limit and the one after it that did and failed. Any input is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
debug logs showing an example of successfully running a file on IceFilms that didn't hit the folder limit and the one after it that did and failed
(230.11 KiB) Downloaded 587 times
,____
||_|__\\__
|(0)___(o)|
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

It's been a while but now we got a big update. For those of you who can't wait download the latest stuff from here http://code.google.com/p/sharkhunter-shb/downloads/list

A note.

The pmsencoder is now not perfered as player. To make it work you must set "channels.pmsencoder=true" in your UMS.conf.

There is no PluginInstaller with this yet so first download the jar file and drop in your plugins dir. Then you should be able to fetch the latest channel pack from the GUI.