- add folders and media items to the xmb.
- act as user-defined external players.
Jumpy began with my having grown tired of occasionally poaching stuff 'by hand' from xbmc addons for use in PMS, and deciding to see if I could mock the xbmc plugin API itself so as to run these addons under PMS as-is. The result is Jumpy plus jumpy-xbmc, an included set of python modules to 'jump' the xbmc addons.
Jumpy-xbmc works with most xbmc video addons: Hulu, Free Cable, Al Jazeera, PBS, Academic Earth, YouTube, and many more. Addons are 'mostly' functional in the sense that all content is shown but interactive features that require user input are inactive.
Jumpy itself is general-purpose, of course, and you can use it to plug your own scripts/commands, python or other, into UMS/PMS as well.
Jumpy-0.2.7 - 17 May 2013
- new OS-X .app auto-installer.
- better localized text support for non-English languages.
- implemented late-resolving media items (credit goes to SharkHunter ), which reduces folder-depth on the xmb and groups media items better.
- automatic support for the new UMS url resolver functionality via the xbmc and youtube-dl url resolvers, see the docs and also:
- Linux/OS-X users: there's currently a bug in UMS which prevents playback of these resolved urls. A temporary fix is here.
- a few api additions
- now slightly faster and more robust (hopefully!)
- more bugfixes resulting from user feedback (thanks!)
- improved support for the xbmc api.
Download and unzip to your plugins folder, or better yet see the Quick Setup.
Note: when reporting bugs please set logging to TRACE and attach UMS.conf or PMS.conf + debug.log + jumpy.log + jumpy-scripts.ini + PMSencoder.log together as one zip file (or use either the Pack debug files button on the UMS Traces tab or DbgPack plugin in PMS).