Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
paulinacio1991

Re: Jumpy Plugin (27 July 2014)

Post by paulinacio1991 »

Hey Infidel, I'm able to access UMS on PS4 using the new Web Interface added in a recent update but the Jumpy Plugin doesn't seem to work since it requires Adobe Flash to play video files. Do you know if there is a way to transcode the video into HTML5?? Would be awesome if there was a way to get it to work since the PS4 currently doesn't support DLNA =/

To get UMS to work on PS4 browser just go to the following link "ip address on PC running UMS:9001/web/index.html" example: 192.168.1.3:9001/web/index.html
Note: 9001 is the default port and might be different if you have changed the port.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

paulinacio1991 wrote:I'm able to access UMS on PS4 using the new Web Interface added in a recent update but the Jumpy Plugin doesn't seem to work since it requires Adobe Flash
Hi paulinacio1991, the unreleased 4.1.0 development branch supports WEB.conf, jumpy, and channels items for playback in the web interface. Its support for flash vs html5 is also slightly different from 4.0.0, but I'm not sure whether that would make any difference on the PS4.

You can try building the 4.1.0 branch using UMSBuilderV2, or be patient until we have an alpha release for you :).
paulinacio1991

Post by paulinacio1991 »

infidel wrote:You can try building the 4.1.0 branch using UMSBuilderV2, or be patient until we have an alpha release for you :).
I will attempt to build it to see if it works xD Thanks for reply and I will get back in touch to let you know how it goes :D
Edit: I attempted to compile the 4.1.0 version and got this error

"Failed to execute goal on project ums: Could not resolve dependencies for project net.pms:ums:jar:4.1.0: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.seamless:seamless-http:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT, org.seamless:seamless-util:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT, org.seamless:seamless-xml:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact org.seamless:seamless-http:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT -> [Help 1]

To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
"
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

paulinacio1991 wrote:Could not find artifact org.seamless:seamless-http:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
The dependency's version number was obsolete. Fixed it in source, try UMSBuilderV2 again :).
paulinacio1991

Post by paulinacio1991 »

infidel wrote:
paulinacio1991 wrote:Could not find artifact org.seamless:seamless-http:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
The dependency's version number was obsolete. Fixed it in source, try UMSBuilderV2 again :).
Got it to work :D I can't seem to find where there would be a option to play the videos in HTML5 format??? I'm really liking the new Remote Play option that will be added since my TV supports it and I can easily play video files on my tv now xD Can't wait until this build is final :D
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

paulinacio1991 wrote:I can't seem to find where there would be a option to play the videos in HTML5 format???
No such setting yet, hopefully we'll get it to figure this stuff out on its own for the PS4. Btw, if you attach TRACE logs showing PS4 navigation of the web interface it may come in handy :).
paulinacio1991

Post by paulinacio1991 »

infidel wrote:Btw, if you attach TRACE logs showing PS4 navigation of the web interface it may come in handy :).
Attached Trace log... I first tried to play a video from your Jumpy plugin on YiFy Movies HD "Captain America: Winter Soldier and Expendables 3" and then played a gameplay video captured from the PS4 located on my laptop "Note: the MP4 Gameplay videos captured from PS4 seem to work".
Here are 2 images taken from the PS4:
First image shows the error code http://i.imgur.com/Y2FcPfi.jpg
Second image shows a video Playing that is located on my Laptop http://i.imgur.com/n7EVlUC.jpg

on UMS the PS4 shows up as Name:Web Client and Adress:192.168.1.77
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(71.24 KiB) Downloaded 452 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

paulinacio1991 wrote:Attached Trace log
Thanks for the comprehensive data, will incorporate as appropriate but it may take a while :).
paulinacio1991

Post by paulinacio1991 »

infidel wrote:
paulinacio1991 wrote:Attached Trace log
Thanks for the comprehensive data, will incorporate as appropriate but it may take a while :).
No problem at all =D I will say, you guys are doing some impressive work with this new update!! It even works on PS3 and I was even able to do a search with the "Channels" Addon for Youtube =) Jumpy "search" doesn't seem compatible but this could change soon :D I haven't got videos to load on PS3s Browser, but they do attempt to load but instead I get a infinite Loading screen on Flash video
paulinacio1991

Post by paulinacio1991 »

I recenly installed UBUNTU Linux 64bit on my Laptop and installed UMS 4.0.3, Jumpy and XBMC, but Jumpy shows up when I launch UMS but it doesn't show my XBMC Video Addons?!? The Act as URL Resolver is greyed out despite in being on XBMC :( Any help would be great since I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to Linux OS :lol: