Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (27 July 2014)

Post by infidel »

@paulinacio1991: I'm assuming by "installed" you mean you ran the jumpy linux installer? If that wasn't the issue please post a set of logs please :).
paulinacio1991

Post by paulinacio1991 »

My bad... I launched the .Run file/script :D I'm using Emacs23 so I don't need to use the Terminal everytime :D Log files are attached
I also installed the newer 4.1.1 version of UMS and same issue... I also had to manually put the files in the correct folder because when I launched the Jumpy-0.3.3.run file it put the files/folders in the wrong location :o
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(14.36 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

paulinacio1991 wrote: when I launched the Jumpy-0.3.3.run file it put the files/folders in the wrong location
You should:
  • put jumpy-0.3.3.run in your UMS plugins folder.
  • open up a console in that same folder, i.e. in nautilus: right-click > Open in Terminal
  • run this command in the terminal

Code: Select all

./jumpy-0.3.3.run
If this is what you did then please be specific about what the "wrong location" was and attach the file plugins/jumpy/setup/setup.log :).
paulinacio1991

Post by paulinacio1991 »

infidel wrote:nautilus: right-click > Open in Terminal
run this command in the terminal

./jumpy-0.3.3.run
I did as you asked and it worked like a charm to get it to install into the correct folders but Jumpy still won't load XBMC Addons :( I reinstalled XBMC from the terminal and still no luck. The Jumpy addon in XBMC did install so I'm not sure what the issue could be :?

Edit: attached setup.log
and the jumpy.log as well
Attachments
jumpy.log
(14.07 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
setup.log
(3.18 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

paulinacio1991 wrote:I'm not sure what the issue could be
Your python may be missing setuptools. You can install it manually by running the following command in a terminal (from anywhere) and enter your password when prompted:

sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
Then rerun the jumpy installer, which should now install py4j and beautifulsoup4. If still no joy and you're sure setuptools is installed you can also try installing these 2 modules by hand:

sudo easy_install py4j beautifulsoup4
Let me know what happens :).
paulinacio1991

Post by paulinacio1991 »

infidel wrote: install it manually by running the following command in a terminal (from anywhere) and enter your password when prompted:

sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
Let me know what happens :).
Worked perfectly after installing setuptools :D You are simply AMAZING and thank you once again for your help ;)
paulinacio1991

Post by paulinacio1991 »

I was wondering if you know how to get the UMSBuilder1.8.0 and UMSBuilderV2.3 to work on Linux so I can build the UMS 5.0.0 Branch?? Any help would be fantastic :D
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

paulinacio1991 wrote:I was wondering if you know how to get the UMSBuilder1.8.0 and UMSBuilderV2.3 to work on Linux
Sorry, UMSBuilderV2 is Windows-only :). Simplest way is to reboot in Windows and in UMSBuilderV2.3:
  • Select a target platform > linux
  • Choose another branch > 5.0.0
paulinacio1991

Post by paulinacio1991 »

infidel wrote:Sorry, UMSBuilderV2 is Windows-only :). Simplest way is to reboot in Windows and in UMSBuilderV2.3
K, thanks. Don't have windows 8.1 installed anymore but I have 2 other computers at home with windows, so I will just compile the program, and send it to my laptop :D
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

Hi there infidel hoping you can help with this.

There is a plugin called video devil which takes you to a list of different sites with video. One of said sites is a live streaming site and when I try to play the video through UMS via Jumpy the video freezes and skips after only a few seconds of play, it's like there is no buffering. Also if there is any audio it's played at a fast speed (think like The Chipmunks on helium). The audio and video play normally in XBMC but not in UMS/Jumpy using FFmpeg Web Video Streaming engine. The only other encoder that works is VLC Web Video (Legacy) but doesn't play back the audio at all. I thought maybe it was an issue with XBMC or something which I've spent the last week on their forums trying to resolve, but in actuality the video's play just fine in XBMC.

So I've included the logs you need as stated in the first post in this thread. I hope they help and that this can be fixed some way some how.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
Complete debug logs
(160.02 KiB) Downloaded 449 times