Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (17 Jan 2013)

Post by infidel »

kuroukage wrote:TWiT is working in xbmc. (Yep, works fine inside XBMC 12 RC3, but not while using jumpy.)
I had to stare at the log for a while before I realized the joke was on me :). This addon depends on a socket server for its cache to be running concurrently, which normally gets started once at xbmc startup and is always running in the background. The joke is that since I usually test UMS from xbmc, ipso facto the background server is running when I'm testing and of course the addon works for me. For you, since xbmc isn't running, it doesn't. So you have 2 options:

EDIT: this fix is no longer necessary as of jumpy-0.2.6
  • Turn off System>Addons>Enabled Addons>Services>Common plugin cache>Configure>Autostart with XBMC.
    This will allow the addon to run independently but it's noticeably slower since the cache server needs to be restarted every time it's used.
  • Leave everything as-is and just keep xbmc open on your computer. The server will always be running and things will zip along at the usual speed
The full solution would be to have jumpy infer that the server needs to be always running, but I have to look at things a little more closely before I go this route.

PS thanks for keeping things going while I was gone.

@ wishthink: I'll get back to you tomorrow if you don't mind.
Last edited by infidel on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

infidel wrote:This addon depends on a socket server for its cache to be running concurrently, which normally gets started once at xbmc startup and is always running in the background. The joke is that since I usually test UMS from xbmc, ipso facto the background server is running when I'm testing and of course the addon works for me. For you, since xbmc isn't running, it doesn't. So you have 2 options:
  • Turn off System>Addons>Enabled Addons>Services>Common plugin cache>Configure>Autostart with XBMC.
    This will allow the addon to run independently but it's noticeably slower since the cache server needs to be restarted every time it's used.
  • Leave everything as-is and just keep xbmc open on your computer. The server will always be running and things will zip along at the usual speed
The full solution would be to have jumpy infer that the server needs to be always running, but I have to look at things a little more closely before I go this route.
Yeah, the thing is I usually don't leave it running in the background. That's why I love Jumpy so much. I can use XBMC without having to leave it on, on my PC and use my PS3 from another room. :)

Thanks for the quick fix. I had no idea that was the cause of the issue. I couldn't tell that from looking at the jumpy.log myself. This fixed TWiT, Icefilms and The Joe Rogan Experience plugins.

There's a few more that still aren't working that I had in my latest jumpy.log file I posted:
  • Blip.tv (This plugin loads folders, but when you go into them you can't get any links.)
  • NASA (This plugin wont load any folders.)
  • Trailer Addict (Nevermind about this one. I got it figured out. I had it set in get_flash_videos.groovy because their rss feed uses .flv files. The plugin for XBMC uses .mp4, so all I had to do was remove their site from that .groovy file.)
  • Veetle (This plugin loads folders and links, but when you click on them they don't work.)
  • Wimp.com (This plugin wont load any folders.)
Would you mind taking a look at these when you get the chance? Would be much appreciated. :)
infidel wrote:PS thanks for keeping things going while I was gone.
NP, I don't mind helping with the things I know about (I've been using/tinkering with PMS/UMS for quite awhile now). I just wish I knew how to code in Python. I'm pretty decent at figuring out syntax, but I can't write/understand most code very well. ;(

Thanks,
Last edited by kuroukage on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
Wishthink

Post by Wishthink »

Let's see.
- Updated JAVA and VLC
- installed shark codecs

I added those lines to the end of UMS
- Had trouble finding just get_flash_videos(PL). I kept finding odd versions like .24
- I found both youtube-dl.exe and .PY. Neither are working for me.

I created a System\bin file and i put RTMP/get_flash/youtube and the lib.dll in it.
I replaced the old groovy script with the new one.

I've attached two. One is with the youtube, one is not.
WITH the youtube one i can't get anything to work
withOUT the youtube one i can get penny arcade/blamation work.

I can't get twitch to work in either situation, but i can get penny-arcade to work without youtube.

- and no i don't mind. Take your time i appreciate the help.
Attachments
Withou Youtube.zip
(45.94 KiB) Downloaded 560 times
With youtube.zip
(45.96 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Wishthink wrote:I added those lines to the end of UMS
Wishthink wrote:I can't get twitch to work in either situation
Hi wishthink, If you're folowing kurou's suggestion, you're still missing pmsencoder.script.directory in Ums.conf. You can also follow the slightly different instructions here.

As to youtube-dl, I believe if you install the Channels plugin from the UMS installer you'll get a relatively recent version of it in the 'Extras' folder. blip.tv links such as the one in your log don't work with older versions of youtube-dl, but you don't need youtube-dl for these links anyway, as you've already discovered :).
Wishthink

Post by Wishthink »

It is always the simple things that seem to go wrong. I actually DID have that line in my UMS from before, but then I did something to mess it up. I decided to try running JUMPY again to see if that would fix anything and what it did was replace my UMS file. I then added all paths and stuff, but never remembered to add the simple "pmsencoder" script directory. It was probably the first thing I added and that got the groovy thing to work, only to forget to re-add it at the end lol.

Thank you for all the help to both of you.

I am tempted to poke at it and see which part actually made it work, but I don't think i wanna take that risk lol.
It was probably the new groovy. It's what i have to add to fix it the FIRST time i did it.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

infidel wrote:If you're folowing kurou's suggestion, you're still missing pmsencoder.script.directory in Ums.conf. You can also follow the slightly different instructions here.
That's odd, because after I suggested it, and looked at the next set of logs he put up, I could see it recognizing the rtmpdump-jtv.groovy in the pmsencoder.log file. He must have edited the UMS.conf file while UMS was running. I know once you shutdown the program it makes an edit to the UMS.conf, so it's possible he was editing while the program was still running and forgot to save it before closing the file.
infidel wrote:As to youtube-dl, I believe if you install the Channels plugin from the UMS installer you'll get a relatively recent version of it in the 'Extras' folder.
I like to do everything manually (personal preference after much experimentation), but that way would be easier if you use the built in auto installer for channels (if you do it that way you'll need to update to the latest version of channels manually since for some reason it has 206 in the auto installer instead of 207). Also, if you get youtube-dl that way you'll need to go to the command prompt and type youtube-dl.py --update (same for get_flash_videos.pl as well) to get the latest versions (I know they've been updating youtube-dl a lot lately coz I keep track of their rss feed). I'm pretty sure there's older versions in that archive which is why I just DL them directly from the websites.
infidel wrote:blip.tv links such as the one in your log don't work with older versions of youtube-dl, but you don't need youtube-dl for these links anyway, as you've already discovered :).
For the Jumpy plugin I'm getting Python errors for the ones I listed above in my previous post. Do you think it's because there's something wrong with those plugins or is it a Jumpy issue? I don't have blip.tv set it my get_flash_videos.groovy file because I checked last night and it's still listed as broken. The Pinkbike plugin works fine with it on though. They still use flash video. :P
Wishthink wrote:I am tempted to poke at it and see which part actually made it work, but I don't think i wanna take that risk lol.
It was probably the new groovy. It's what i have to add to fix it the FIRST time i did it.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right about that. I was googling the error you posted and looking into it a bit more and found it had to do with improper rtmp commands. Glad it's fixed. :)
Last edited by kuroukage on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
黒影
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

kuroukage wrote:There's a few more that still aren't working that I had in my latest jumpy.log file I posted:
  • Blip.tv (This plugin loads folders, but when you go into them you can't get any links.)
  • NASA (This plugin wont load any folders.)
  • Trailer Addict (Nevermind about this one. I got it figured out. I had it set in get_flash_videos.groovy because their rss feed uses .flv files. The plugin for XBMC uses .mp4, so all I had to do was remove their site from that .groovy file.)
  • Veetle (This plugin loads folders and links, but when you click on them they don't work.)
  • Wimp.com (This plugin wont load any folders.)
Here you go:
  • NASA, Blip.tv - fixed. (Blip.tv is also using the common cache server, so same workaround as above).
  • Veetle - see here.
  • Wimp.com - folders are working for me, download has same issue as Trailer Addict - i.e. remove it from get_flash_videos.groovy so it can default to ffmpeg instead.
Replace the files in plugins/jumpy/xbmc with these:

[attachment removed] - superceded by jumpy-0.2.6
Last edited by infidel on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

Awesome, thanks for your help again. Everything seems to be working perfectly except for Blip.tv. I'm unsure as to why it's using youtube-dl for Blip, but it wont play on my PS3.

I found this about Blip.tv and youtube-dl. It says it wont work with Blip.tv and that's what it says in the debug.log that it's trying to use to play it. I also tried using get_flash_videos and got the same results. I have put both of those in the .zip file (trying with youtube-dl and get_flash_videos in 2 seperate .log files).

Everything in Jumpy looks fine (in the logs and on the PS3), but it still isn't playing. I even tested the link in my browser to make sure there was nothing wrong with it and the link works fine. It will DL the file with no problems from my PC. Could this have to do with a setting in UMS or is it because I'm not running XBMC? Also, I have the Veetle proxy running in the background. Could that have something to do with it as well? It seems most plugins are working fine with the proxy for Veetle being on though.

I decided to give the UStream plugin another try and that's not working as well (it wont load anything in Jumpy, but works fine in XBMC).

Any more help on this would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks,
Attachments
pms_dbg.zip
(14.27 KiB) Downloaded 583 times
Last edited by kuroukage on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
黒影
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

kuroukage wrote:I found this about Blip.tv and youtube-dl. It says it wont work with Blip.tv
The fix for that issue is to set the http User-Agent header as 'iTunes/10.6.1' since blip.tv rejects the default mozilla UA (see here). The modified youtube-bliptv.groovy script below will use the right UA with youtube-dl if the url matches blip.tv (remove/rename any other 'youtube.groovy' found in your pmsencoder scripts folder):
youtube-bliptv.zip
unzip to your pmsencoder scripts folder
(2.34 KiB) Downloaded 609 times
To get ustream to work I had to make sure script.module.pyamf was installed and also needed to add the script.common.plugin.cache dependency to %appdata%\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.ustream\addon.xml by hand:
<addon id="plugin.video.ustream"
name="Ustream"
version="0.0.1"
provider-name="divingmule">
<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0"/>
<import addon="script.module.beautifulsoup" version="3.0.8"/>
<import addon="script.module.pyamf"/>
<import addon="script.common.plugin.cache" version="1.0.0"/>
</requires>
and lastly, the veetle proxy is completely benign and does nothing except intercept veetle urls.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

Excellent, thank you. Everything is working well now.

I just have one last plugin I'm trying to get to work:

It's having the same issue (as a few others did before); where it will load the folders, but it wont load the video links. The forum post for it is here. I'm posting a new jumpy.log file for it. The plugin works fine in XBMC with my u/p (I had to remove my pword from the log file..which I'm not sure why it showed up in). Would appreciate the help on fixing this.

Thanks again,
Attachments
jumpylog.zip
(121.41 KiB) Downloaded 547 times
Last edited by kuroukage on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
黒影