Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (17 Jan 2013)

Post by infidel »

kuroukage wrote:So do you think that will be a more optimized way to have it (getting rid of the -o)?
Optimized by a fraction of a hair of nanosecond or so, since there's one less option to process. The point of leaving it to the groovy script to remove the '-o' is essentially to allow exactly what you were doing:
  • the user somehow, somewhere, finds an rtmpdump command that works.
  • he runs it through rtmp2pms.pl and pastes it into WEB.conf.
  • presto, it works despite any problematic '-o' argument that may have been present in the found command.
EDIT: of course when it comes to sharing WEB.conf it makes sense to manually clean up the links so anyone can use them regardless of their specific rtmpdump.groovy.
kuroukage wrote:Yeah I'm using that addon and the latest XBMC for Windows 64. It's still version 12 RC3.
as far as Aljazeera goes I still don't get the problem you're having, especially in regard to jumpy which just interacts with the python scripts and couldn't care less what particular build of xbmc is being used. FYI on linux I'm using whatever the current 'unstable' Frodo build is from the team-xbmc ppa (sorry, I'm not at my computer just now), and on Windows xbmc 12 rc3 32bit, but none of this should make any real difference. Anyhow I've been using this addon for "years" now no problem. If you narrow the issue down to anything generally relevant (maybe youtube-related?) let me know.
Last edited by infidel on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

maryjopl wrote:I'm starting this only one time it is starting and stoping automatically. Hmmm... 8/ Any idea? 8)
sorry maryjopl, nothing particularly useful comes to mind right now.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

kuroukage wrote:Yeah I'm using that addon and the latest XBMC for Windows 64. It's still version 12 RC3.
infidel wrote:as far as Aljazeera goes I still don't get the problem you're having, especially in regard to jumpy which just interacts with the python scripts and couldn't care less what particular build of xbmc is being used. FYI on linux I'm using whatever the current 'unstable' Frodo build is from the team-xbmc ppa (sorry, I'm not at my computer just now), and on Windows xbmc 12 rc3 32bit, but none of this should make any real difference. Anyhow I've been using this addon for "years" now no problem. If you narrow the issue down to anything generally relevant (maybe youtube-related?) let me know.
Yeah, I have an understanding of why Jumpy works. I just don't know how to write code in Python or any other language. :P

I'm using Al Jazeera 0.9.2 by Jonathan Beluch (I'm just letting you know the exact one because I'm not sure if there's multiple AJ addons for XBMC. There are 2 for Crunchyroll and one of those doesn't work because it's outdated and never updated.)

This is what It says when I click any link under News Clips or the Programs section (inside XBMC):

Playback failed
Couldn't locate video url

I'm not sure why Live News works just fine and the others don't. I have attached a log, so you can see what's going on in Jumpy. BTW I'm still using your fix and leaving the common plugin cache > autostart with XBMC option unchecked. Do you think this is what's causing the problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Attachments
jumpylog.zip
(6.39 KiB) Downloaded 525 times
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

infidel wrote:If you narrow the issue down to anything generally relevant (maybe youtube-related?) let me know.
Well, looks like your hunch was right. I was checking out the forums and people were complaining about it not working right, so I messed with some of the fixes people mentioned and things were still broken. Then I decided to do a reinstall of the Youtube plugin (deleted the settings folder in the addons for it from the user dir) and set it up again from scratch and now it's looking like things are fine again. Go figure. :P
黒影
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (2 Feb 2013)

Post by infidel »

kuroukage wrote:I decided to do a reinstall of the Youtube plugin (deleted the settings folder in the addons for it from the user dir) and set it up again from scratch and now it's looking like things are fine again. Go figure. :P
Great, I was scratching my head a bit over that one :).
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Update: jumpy-0.2.6
acc

Post by acc »

hey infidel,

awesome plugin. And, the documentation is well written and concise. Great work.

I was looking through the api trying to find a method of creating users and associating a user with folders. I've concluded that I need to modify the java source of UMS. Still, I wanted to confirm with you before setting off on that path.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

infidel wrote:Update: jumpy-0.2.6
  • jumpy-xbmc:
    • background services (common plugin cache, veetle proxy) are now started automatically, so
      • more bugfixes resulting from kurou nagging me to fix stuff (thanks!) <-- You're welcome ;P
      • support for subtitles (via valib and SubJunk's fabulous upcoming UMS improvements)
Thanks for the new update. I noticed the plugin dirs are loading super fast now (due to being able to re-enable the common plugin cache and also from more improvements to the Jumpy code?) and I like that I don't have to use the Veetle "fix" anymore (although I did find a way to run it hidden using the /B subcommand for the start command in DOS). Excellent work and I really appreciate it. So, I noticed in Crunchyroll Takeout (when using it via Jumpy) it now says that the video is offering SSA subs, but when you go to play it they still don't show up. So...

Quick question(s): In the list above you mention about UMS improvements, so does this mean that subs will work once they release the next build of UMS and wont work until? If so, what improvements are they making to enable subtitle support for Jumpy now?

Edit: Guess I found the answer to my question(s) from stumbling upon to it by chance while looking through the forums. :P
SubJunk wrote:The main difference in our implementation of both engines as of UMS 2.3.0 is that FFmpeg doesn't do subtitles. We are working on adding that.
So then I asked SJ why and I guess that answers both my questions now. ;)
SubJunk wrote:Both; FFmpeg itself supports external subtitles, but not internal ones. We are in the process of adding external subtitle support for our FFmpeg implementation and it should be here in the next version of UMS :)
Actually, I thought of another question now. Does the Crunchyroll Takeout plugin use external subtitles? I think I remember them being played as .mp4 files when I was looking through the logs (though I'm not 100% on that) and it calls for the SSA subs once playback is authed from their servers.

Thanks,
黒影
frentemorao

Re: Jumpy Plugin (19 Nov 2012)

Post by frentemorao »

infidel wrote:
frentemorao wrote:mitele does not cut off in xbmc...
It was just a wild guess :). Please post back if you learn anything new since as you've no doubt noticed some others users consistently experience similar cutoff problems but the behaviour is hard to replicate.
I have learned a couple of things since my last post:
According to the tvalacarta addon developer (jesus), mitele is shielded/protected from gettting/achieving the video links... (http://www.mimediacenter.info/foro/view ... =11&t=4848))

In the tvalacarta addon, jesus solved it getting the video links of mitele through a website: pydowntv.com
According to the pydowntv.com FAQs:

Code: Select all

Los vídeos de MiTele, al generarse el enlace para ser descargados desde el servidor de MiTele, si no se accede a ellos en pocos segundos caducan, es por eso, que solo se descarga un archivo (.html) de poco tamaño.

Code: Select all

The video links of mitele are available just for a few seconds. If you don't use the links quickly, the video links expire and that's why the size of the downloaded file is not the correct one (smaller)
In my opinion, the short availability of the video links is the reason for not being able to watch mitele properly and also the reason for my ephemeral success...
frentemorao wrote:I have managed to test three Tv Shows succesfully but unfortunately it has only worked for 5 minutes...
frentemorao

Re: Jumpy Plugin (19 Nov 2012)

Post by frentemorao »

Infidel, regarding this issue...
infidel wrote:Right. With a DLNA server such as UMS there is no support for interactive dialogs, so jumpy is configured to automatically choose the first option
default_action=0
*** dialog select ***
Elige una opción['Ver el v\xc3\xaddeo rt=0 [directo]', 'Descargar', 'A\xc3\xb1adir a favoritos', 'A\xc3\xb1adir a biblioteca', 'A\xc3\xb1adir a lista de descargas', 'Enviar a jDownloader', 'Buscar trailer']
seleccion=0
seleccion=Ver el vídeo rt=0 [directo]
Is there any way of changing the default option from 0 to 1 or 2??
In the pelisalacarta addon, normally the first option is associated to the lowest video quality...