Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (2 Feb 2013)

Post by infidel »

acc wrote:I was looking through the api trying to find a method of creating users and associating a user with folders. I've concluded that I need to modify the java source of UMS. Still, I wanted to confirm with you before setting off on that path.
If you mean having completely independent userspaces which aren't visible/accessible simultaneously then yes, this is beyond jumpy. But if you mean having separate user root folders with different stuff in each folder it can be done with jumpy.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

kuroukage wrote:does this mean that subs will work once they release the next build of UMS and wont work until?
Yeah, but you can test-drive the upcoming subs support right now:
  • disable pmsencoder in the transcoder tab, save, and shut down.
  • rename/replace win32/ffmpeg.exe with one from zeranoe.com (built using --enable-libass --enable-librtmp). I've been using this build since the newer ones were crashing with rtmp links.
  • put the update.jar in here in your UMS program folder:
    update-subs.zip
    unzip to UMS program folder
    (28 KiB) Downloaded 592 times
  • make sure 'rtmpdump.force' is not set to 'true' in UMS.conf.
  • restart UMS.
crunchyroll videos should be showing subtitles now.

EDIT: don't forget to remove update.jar when the new UMS is released :).
Last edited by infidel on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

frentemorao wrote:In my opinion, the short availability of the video links is the reason for not being able to watch mitele properly and also the reason for my ephemeral success...
maybe, but they would also be ephemeral inside xbmc if this were the only problem.

frentemorao wrote:Is there any way of changing the default option from 0 to 1 or 2??
I'll see if I can implement this in a proper way in future versions, but for now you can hack it by editing plugins/jumpy/xbmc/xbmcgui.py (line 112) to another default (0=1st, 1=2nd and so on):
def select(self, heading, list, autoclose=None):
"""Show a select dialog."""
print "*** dialog select ***\n%s%s" % (heading, list)
return 1
frentemorao

Post by frentemorao »

infidel wrote:Update: jumpy-0.2.6
Infidel

Now, with this new version of jumpy, pelisalacarta addon does not work (it worked last week with the files you attached between 0.2.5 and 0.2.6 versions)

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc.py", line 94, in <module>
    execfile(sys.argv[0])
  File "D:\Documents and Settings\noelia\Datos de Programa\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.pelisalacarta\default.py", line 27, in <module>
    launcher.run()
  File "D:\Documents and Settings\noelia\Datos de Programa\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.pelisalacarta\platformcode\xbmc\launcher.py", line 47, in run
    plugin.mainlist(params, url, category)
  File "D:\Documents and Settings\noelia\Datos de Programa\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.pelisalacarta\channelselector.py", line 72, in mainlist
    addfolder(elemento.title , elemento.channel , elemento.action , thumbnail=elemento.thumbnail, folder=elemento.folder)
  File "D:\Documents and Settings\noelia\Datos de Programa\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.pelisalacarta\channelselector.py", line 369, in addfolder
    xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem( handle = int(sys.argv[ 1 ]), url = itemurl , listitem=listitem, isFolder=folder)
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcplugin.py", line 212, in addDirectoryItem
    fullPath(url, listitem.getProperty('thumbnailImage')))
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\lib\jumpy.py", line 70, in pms_addItem
    pms._addItem(itemtype, name, argv, thumb, data)
  File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\py4j-0.7-py2.7.egg\py4j\java_gateway.py", line 423, in __call__
    [get_command_part(arg, self.pool) for arg in new_args])
  File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\py4j-0.7-py2.7.egg\py4j\protocol.py", line 235, in get_command_part
    command_part = STRING_TYPE + escape_new_line(parameter)
  File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\py4j-0.7-py2.7.egg\py4j\protocol.py", line 147, in escape_new_line
    return smart_decode(original).replace('\\', '\\\\').replace('\r', '\\r').replace('\n', '\\n')
  File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\py4j-0.7-py2.7.egg\py4j\protocol.py", line 184, in smart_decode
    return unicode(s, 'utf-8')
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf1 in position 207: invalid continuation byte
My logs:
ums_dbg.zip
(11 KiB) Downloaded 575 times
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

infidel wrote:Yeah, but you can test-drive the upcoming subs support right now:
  • disable pmsencoder in the transcoder tab, save, and shut down.
Awesome, subs are working. Thanks for letting me test this out. It makes CR so much better on PS3 when I can view it this way vs. using their APP.

Question(s):

1. If I disable PMSEncoder, save, and shut down, and then load it back up again. PMSEncoder re-enables itself at every boot and puts itself back to the top of the list as well (for web decoders). The only way I can get it to work is just disabling it without save, quit or restart (but if done this way I have to disable it manually every time I reload the program). Is there any way to make that work right (saving PMSEncoder order/settings) without having to completely remove PMSEncoder from the plugins dir (I'd prefer not to get rid of PMSEncoder as I need it for rtmp links in my web.conf and other things as well)?

2. In the newer build will it be like this as well? Or will it automatically recognize and adjust settings as needed for FFmpeg and subtitles? Or will it be a new setting in UMS config (to maybe set FFmpeg as the preferred subtitle decoder instead of Mencoder)?

Thanks for your help (very happy that CR is working),
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

kuroukage wrote:If I disable PMSEncoder, save, and shut down, and then load it back up again. PMSEncoder re-enables itself at every boot...
This is what comes of posting instructions without first verifying that they work :). You're right, the issue of coexisting with pmsencoder needs tweaking but I would point out that as it happens:
  • the twitch fix is no longer required if ffmpeg has librtmp (disable pmsencoder and try it).
  • I think your WEB.conf links should work now too without pmsencoder if they're reformatted as "librtmp-style" links that ffmpeg understands, e.g.:

rtmpe://... app=... playpath=... swfUrl=... pageUrl=... swfVfy=1
    I need to find a good reference to post for doing this, but for example:

videostream.Web,Live News=Al Jazeera (English),rtmp://aljazeeraflashlivefs.fplive.net:1935/aljazeeraflashlive-live/aljazeera_english_1 live=true

@frentemorao: the problem is with the encoding of special Spanish characters in the folder labels, I'm working on it :).
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

infidel wrote:
kuroukage wrote:This is what comes of posting instructions without first verifying that they work :). You're right, the issue of coexisting with pmsencoder needs tweaking but I would point out that as it happens:
  • the twitch fix is no longer required if ffmpeg has librtmp (disable pmsencoder and try it).
  • I think your WEB.conf links should work now too without pmsencoder if they're reformatted as "librtmp-style" links that ffmpeg understands, e.g.:

rtmpe://... app=... playpath=... swfUrl=... pageUrl=... swfVfy=1
    I need to find a good reference to post for doing this, but for example:

videostream.Web,Live News=Al Jazeera (English),rtmp://aljazeeraflashlivefs.fplive.net:1935/aljazeeraflashlive-live/aljazeera_english_1 live=true

So, I did some testing and I noticed that:
  • Most of the video plugins on Jumpy work just fine without PMS (Including subtitles, which is excellent).
  • For the web.conf your rtmp link works fine as well, but I noticed with some of the feeds I have on there don't work anymore (such as Youtube rss feeds, Quicktime Trailer movie feed, etc).
  • Channels doesn't work without it (such as: causes a DNLA 2110 error when looking in the YT subscription folders and doesn't list any files) (After more experimentation with this after putting things back to normal it looks like Channels is just broken, period. So, nevermind about this as a relation to PMSE. I'm not sure if it needs it or not).
I wouldn't mind them getting rid of PMSE dependencies or them re-tweaking it so it works better with FFmpeg, but at the moment it seems that UMS is dependent on it for a lot of things. Hopefully they'll be able to get rid of the need for PMSE in the future as I don't care for how it re-sizes everything down to DVD aspect ratio and then I have to full screen the video using the PS3 menu.

Thanks,
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

frentemorao wrote:pelisalacarta addon does not work
Is it still not working? It just updated to 3.2.46 and I don't seem to get the UnicodeDecodeError anymore.
frentemorao

Post by frentemorao »

infidel wrote:
frentemorao wrote:pelisalacarta addon does not work
Is it still not working? It just updated to 3.2.46 and I don't seem to get the UnicodeDecodeError anymore.
Now it works but I think it is not related to the new version. I think it is related to the addon configuration.
If you choose "Español" (Spanish) in the language channel selection, jumpy does not work because of the letter ñ.
However if you choose "All the languages" it works correctly!!
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

frentemorao wrote:If you choose "Español" (Spanish) in the language channel selection, jumpy does not work because of the letter ñ.
However if you choose "All the languages" it works correctly!!
That was muy helpful, amigo :)! Replace plugins/jumpy/lib/jumpy.py with this one and see if it does the trick:
additem-utf8.zip