Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
sixpac16

Re: Jumpy Plugin (2 Feb 2013)

Post by sixpac16 »

infidel wrote:
sixpac16 wrote:Error : can't find debug.log.
make sure:
  • debug.log exists in your UMS top folder (it should be there if UMS has been run once).
  • the installer is located in your UMS plugins folder.
  • your terminal's current directory is the UMS plugins folder:

Code: Select all

cd "/Applications/Universal Media Server.app/Contents/Resources/Java/plugins"
  • then run the installer:

./jumpy-0.2.6b.run
Thanks Infidel!! Works perfectly.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

sixpac16 wrote:Thanks Infidel!! Works perfectly.
Thanks, but well short of perfect :). I had to fix python.path in UMS.conf by hand to the full path and rtmpdump.path to its relative path before I got any response from them:

python.path = /usr/bin/python
rtmpdump.path = osx/rtmpdump
Plus it seems the ffmpeg binary segfaults.

And I notice convert isn't included in the osx binaries folder, so the webreader script won't work unless you also install ImageMagick.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

Hey Infidel,

I'm running into issues with Vimeo now as well. I have my L/P setup and any folder I try to enter through Jumpy is returning an empty result. Here's an example of what's showing up in the log:

Vimeo-3.5.1
CommonFunctions-2.5.1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\kuroukage\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vimeo\default.py", line 101, in <module>
    navigation.listMenu(params)
  File "C:\Users\kuroukage\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vimeo\VimeoNavigation.py", line 91, in listMenu
    return self.list(params)
  File "C:\Users\kuroukage\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vimeo\VimeoNavigation.py", line 109, in list
    (results, status) = self.feeds.list(params)
  File "C:\Users\kuroukage\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vimeo\VimeoFeeds.py", line 57, in list
    (result, status) = self.core.list(params)
  File "C:\Users\kuroukage\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vimeo\VimeoCore.py", line 157, in list
    result = self.v.vimeo_channels_getVideos(channel_id=get("channel"), page=page, per_page=per_page, full_response="true")
  File "C:\Users\kuroukage\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vimeo\vimeo\__init__.py", line 328, in _do_vimeo_call
    headers=self._CLIENT_HEADERS)
  File "C:\Users\kuroukage\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vimeo\vimeo\oauth2\__init__.py", line 559, in request
    req.sign_request(self.method, self.consumer, self.token)
  File "C:\Users\kuroukage\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vimeo\vimeo\oauth2\__init__.py", line 404, in sign_request
    self['oauth_signature'] = signature_method.sign(self, consumer, token)
  File "C:\Users\kuroukage\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vimeo\vimeo\oauth2\__init__.py", line 738, in sign
    hashed = hmac.new(key, raw, sha)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\hmac.py", line 133, in new
    return HMAC(key, msg, digestmod)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\hmac.py", line 72, in __init__
    self.outer.update(key.translate(trans_5C))
TypeError: character mapping must return integer, None or unicode
Would appreciate your help.

Thanks,
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

kuroukage wrote:I'm running into issues with Vimeo now as well. I have my L/P setup and any folder I try to enter through Jumpy is returning an empty result
I don't have a vimeo user account, kurou, but if I configure a fake login/password the addon doesn't throw your error:

token': u'', u'debug': u'false', u'user_email': '####'}
Vimeo-3.5.1
CommonFunctions-2.5.1
*** openSettings ***
*** setSetting *** userid=
i.e. it makes it through that part of the code ok. The addon seems to be having trouble encrypting your login, I'm assuming it's working for you in xbmc or of course you wouldn't raise the issue here. All I can think of is are there any special characters in your login/pw, and if so can you try to reproduce the error with a fake login that uses that character (or similar) and post it here?
kuroukage wrote:videos will play fine for about 10-15 seconds and then they stutter like crazy. Also, I'm hearing what I'd like to call the "chipmunk effect"
Nothing like this is happening for me :), does it still happen if you switch ffmpegs?
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

Infidel,
infidel wrote:Nothing like this is happening for me :), does it still happen if you switch ffmpegs?
Which build of FFmpeg are you using currently?
infidel wrote:The addon seems to be having trouble encrypting your login, I'm assuming it's working for you in xbmc or of course you wouldn't raise the issue here.
I noticed that script.module.cryptopy plugin got updated the other day. Could this be what's causing the issue?

--
Okay, so..I decided to reinstall Vimeo and it's working fine again without having to login (I'm not sure why/how my plugins are having issues to the point where I need to reinstall them sometimes). This happened with the Youtube plugin as well, but reinstalling it fixed it. The odd thing was they wern't having any issues in XBMC only Jumpy (when I needed to do reinstalls). I tried switching between different version(s) of FFmpeg (latest stable v.1.1.1, latest build, 11-25 build) and I noticed I still have that same issue with CrunchyRoll Takeout if I use a higher build past the 11-25 build. Do you know what makes it crash on the later builds?

Also, if I use a different build of FFmpeg (besides SubJunk's SB7) I noticed that I don't have the "chipmunk" issue without being logged into Vimeo for the Joe Rogan Experience anymore. Vimeo is also working fine (without being logged in) regardless of which FFmpeg I use.

The main issue right now is still Engadget Videos. It's still producing the chipmunk effect (high pitched voices) for 15 seconds and then the video slows down to a crawl. Here's what it looks like in the debug.log:

INFO  2013-02-19 13:17:45.604 [Request Handler] Starting transcode/remux of HTC! HTC! M7! M7! M7! HTC One! HTC One! HTC One! (HD)
DEBUG 2013-02-19 13:17:45.604 [Request Handler] Creating pipe \\.\pipe\ffmpegwebvideo_636_1361308665604
DEBUG 2013-02-19 13:17:45.604 [Thread-89] Waiting for pipe connection \\.\pipe\ffmpegwebvideo_636_1361308665604
DEBUG 2013-02-19 13:17:45.916 [ffmpeg.exe-5] Starting "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\win32\ffmpeg.exe" -y -loglevel warning -threads 4 -i http://www.viddler.com/file/4c754522/html5 -threads 4 -c:a ac3 -f vob -c:v mpeg2video -q:v 3 -q:a 3 \\.\pipe\ffmpegwebvideo_636_1361308665604
DEBUG 2013-02-19 13:17:45.916 [ffmpeg.exe-5] Reading pipe: \\.\pipe\ffmpegwebvideo_636_1361308665604
DEBUG 2013-02-19 13:17:45.932 [ffmpeg.exe-5] Attaching thread: ffmpeg.exe-5
DEBUG 2013-02-19 13:17:46.369 [Thread-89] Result of \\.\pipe\ffmpegwebvideo_636_1361308665604 : true
DEBUG 2013-02-19 13:17:46.384 [Thread-91] [vob @ 037dc320] VBV buffer size not set, muxing may fail
INFO  2013-02-19 13:17:52.125 [StartPlaying Event] Started playing HTC! HTC! M7! M7! M7! HTC One! HTC One! HTC One! (HD) on your PlayStation 3
DEBUG 2013-02-19 13:17:52.125 [StartPlaying Event] The full filename of which is: http://www.viddler.com/file/4c754522/html5 and the address of the renderer is: 192.168.1.206
DEBUG 2013-02-19 13:17:52.437 [Request Handler] Setting InputStream new position to: 99,999,475,712
DEBUG 2013-02-19 13:18:19.316 [Buffered IO End Checker] Stopping process: ffmpeg.exe-5
INFO  2013-02-19 13:18:20.814 [StopPlaying Event] Stopped playing HTC! HTC! M7! M7! M7! HTC One! HTC One! HTC One! (HD) on your PlayStation 3
DEBUG 2013-02-19 13:17:46.384 [Thread-91] [vob @ 037dc320] VBV buffer size not set, muxing may fail is what it looks like is causing the issue. How can this be fixed? By disabling tsMuxeR? Or something that SubJunk has to fix in the UMS code?
黒影
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

kuroukage wrote:Which build of FFmpeg are you using currently?
my own, on linux.
kuroukage wrote:I still have that same issue with CrunchyRoll Takeout if I use a higher build past the 11-25 build. Do you know what makes it crash on the later builds?
It's the ssl library. Zeranoe builds use gnutls, the new UMS ffmpeg uses polarssl. Something has changed in the recent code that causes gnutls to crash.
kuroukage wrote:VBV buffer size not set, muxing may fail
I see this message often even when streaming is good, but I'm no expert.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

Infidel,

Thanks for taking the time to explain things and look into this. I really appreciate it. :)
黒影
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

Infidel,

I figured out the issue with the "chipmunk" audio. I was trying UMS without the update.jar and ffmpegwebvideo-first.groovy and found that Engadget and JRE work perfectly when PMSEncoder is the default. My guess is it has something to do with the settings (in the UMS code) for FFMpeg Web Video possibly? Or a new bug in the update.jar?

Anyways, I'm wondering if it would be possible to write a .groovy file that would force Crunchyroll Takeout to always use FFmpeg Web Video instead of having to use the update.jar for that. What do you think? I really only need FFmpeg Web Video to work with that video plugin when PMSE is installed and nothing else. Could you please check into it when you have the time?

Thanks,
黒影
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

kuroukage wrote:My guess is it has something to do with the settings (in the UMS code) for FFMpeg Web Video possibly?
This is almost certainly the cause, since there's no other real difference. pmsencoder outputs everything in ntsc-dvd resolution, whereas the current FFmpeg settings in UMS try to be a little more flexible.

kuroukage wrote:would be possible to write a .groovy file that would force Crunchyroll Takeout to always use FFmpeg Web Video
Not possible, at least without going to extremes, given the way pmsencoder works. But you can try a different approach, i.e. adding special processing for endgadget, to the new ffmpeg.webfilters file in your UMS program folder:
  • The first way would be to blacklist endgadget urls (i.e. containing viddler.com) by adding a rule to EXCLUDE list:

www\.viddler\.com
    which causes FFMpeg Web Video to skip these and they'll drop through to pmsencoder.
  • The second way is to force these urls to be transcoded to ntsc-dvd same as in pmsencoder, by adding a rule to the OPTIONS list:

www\.viddler\.com | -target ntsc-dvd
What you need to know about the syntax:
  • the matcher strings are regular expressions, which means that the characters ^.$*+?()[{\| have a special meaning and need to be preceded with a backslash if used literally.
  • for the OPTIONS list the format is 'matcher | ffmpeg options', i.e. put a vertical bar (aka pipe symbol) with a space on both sides ' | ' between the matcher and the ffmpeg options you want to add.
Anyhow you get the drift, now you can play fast and loose with the rules :).
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

infidel wrote:But you can try a different approach, i.e. adding special processing for endgadget, to the new ffmpeg.webfilters file in your UMS program folder:
Awesome, thanks a lot. Working perfectly now. I added Joe Rogan Experience and Engadget to the exclude list and no more problems. :)

I figured it was something wierd with the settings in UMS. I tried multiple versions of FFmpeg with similar results.

One other quick question. I was trying out UMS v2.5.0 yesterday and the update.jar wont work with it. Are you going to have to make a new one every build? Or could you just raise the version number on your build, so that it will just keep lasting till UMS v3 or v3 comes out?

Thanks again,
黒影