Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (2 Feb 2013)

Post by infidel »

@umsfan: thanks for the vote of confidence, in all honesty it may be a while though :). On the subject of streaming/rendering it isn't necessarily true that jumpy would give better results with Navi-x, it depends more on the transcoder.
frentemorao

Post by frentemorao »

infidel wrote:Special characters again: opción worked in linux but not windows :). The new update above fixes things to work on both platforms and is also addon-specific.
I haven't been able to test it yet. I will do my best to test the new-style dialog printout tonight (thanks for your quick solution ;) )
Why is also addon-specific?
Is it specific for tvalacarta or pelisalacarta?

Additionally, I would like to know if I can add different lines in the xbmc.dialogs to have different selections depending on the dialog. For instance, with 'Elige una opci\xc3\xb3n' ['Ver el v\xc3\xaddeo rt=0 [directo],...', 'Descargar', 'A\xc3\xb1adir a favoritos' always select 0 and for 'Elige una opción , ['Ver el v\xc3\xaddeo 240p [vk]', 'Ver el v\xc3\xaddeo 360p [vk]', 'Ver el v\xc3\xaddeo 480p [vk],...' always select 2
infidel wrote:Regarding your general question, it's possible to present dialogs as folders on the xmb and let you choose, but it doesn't work in a consistent way among renderers and can become annoying very fast.
I think it would be awesome (at least for me) if you could implement this feature in the jumpy menu... Being able to present dialogs as folders by ticking a box would be the definitive solution for my problems with the video quality!!
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

frentemorao wrote:Is it specific for tvalacarta or pelisalacarta?
Each line in your xbmc.dialogs describes one dialog for one specific addon, i.e. you can have different choices if the same dialog is used by 2 different addons.
frentemorao wrote:Additionally, I would like to know if I can add different lines in the xbmc.dialogs to have different selections depending on the dialog.
yes :).
awschmidt

Post by awschmidt »

I have an issue with UMS 2.5.1 and Jumpy 0.2.6 at startup there is a library not found:

03-15 22:10:52 jumpy: initializing jumpy 0.2.6
03-15 22:10:52 jumpy: home=C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\
03-15 22:10:52 jumpy: log=C:\Users\a\AppData\Local\Temp\jumpy.log
03-15 22:10:52 jumpy: conf=C:\ProgramData\UMS\jumpy.conf
03-15 22:10:52 jumpy: bookmarks=C:\ProgramData\UMS\jumpy-bookmarks.ini
03-15 22:10:52 jumpy: userscripts=C:\ProgramData\UMS\jumpy-scripts.ini
03-15 22:10:52 jumpy: refresh=60
03-15 22:10:52 jumpy: Adding root folder.
03-15 22:11:10 Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\lib\winp.x64.dll
03-15 22:11:10 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1828)

any help?
thanks
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

awschmidt wrote:Can't load library: C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\lib\winp.x64.dll
Can you please verify whether plugins\jumpy\lib\winp-1.14.jar is present in your setup? If no, try reinstalling jumpy. If yes, attach a set of logs and give a little info on how you installed jumpy.

EDIT: If you're not running as administrator try switching to an admin account and running UMS once from there. winp-1.14.jar needs to unpack itself (and extract the missing dll) the first time it's loaded, which may not have happened if you don't have admin rights.
awschmidt

Post by awschmidt »

thanks infidel,
running jumpstart.jar from an admin console fixed it, now the missing library is unpacked...
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

awschmidt wrote:running jumpstart.jar from an admin console fixed it
Bonus points for showing such expertise :).
awschmidt

Post by awschmidt »

sorry if not posting in the right forum. There is a problem when XBMC is started while UMS including jumpy is already running. Jumpy has already started the common plugin cache and XBMC then tries to bind to the same socket (localhost:59994) and throws following error:

21:40:07 T:4132 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'socket.error'>
Error Contents: (10048, 'Normalerweise darf jede Socketadresse (Protokoll, Netzwerkadresse oder Anschluss) nur jeweils einmal verwendet werden')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\a\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\default.py", line 40, in <module>
run()
File "C:\Users\a\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\default.py", line 35, in run
s.run()
File "C:\Users\a\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.common.plugin.cache/lib\StorageServer.py", line 197, in run
sock.bind(self.socket)
File "<string>", line 1, in bind
error: (10048, 'Normalerweise darf jede Socketadresse (Protokoll, Netzwerkadresse oder Anschluss) nur jeweils einmal verwendet werden')
-->End of Python script error report<--

how could this be fixed?
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

awschmidt wrote:Jumpy has already started the common plugin cache and XBMC then tries to bind to the same socket (localhost:59994) and throws following error:
The error is harmless, the service is available through the socket to both XBMC and jumpy regardless of who actually starts it. The common plugin cache doesn't check to see if it's already active before attempting to bind, which results in this bit of inelegance. The fix would have to be in the addon code.
awschmidt

Post by awschmidt »

Thanks infidel for the explanation :)