Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (7 August 2013)

Post by infidel »

Casper wrote:All videos are listed with DLNA.ORG_OP=01
Apologies if this is dumb :), but maybe I worded the question poorly. According to your testpan2 log
[New I/O worker #3] Network debugger: May El-Khalil: ...MPEG_PS_PAL;DLNA.ORG_OP=10 size= ...
and your testpan3 log
[New I/O worker #11] Network debugger: May El-Khalil:...MPEG_PS_PAL;DLNA.ORG_OP=01 size= ...
so my tentative conclusion was:
  • DLNA.ORG_OP=10 (seek by time) --> no playback problem.
  • DLNA.ORG_OP=01 (seek by byte) --> playback problem (unless ChunkedTransfer=true as we now know).
Is this right?
Casper

Post by Casper »

infidel wrote:so my tentative conclusion was:
  • DLNA.ORG_OP=10 (seek by time) --> no playback problem.
  • DLNA.ORG_OP=01 (seek by byte) --> playback problem (unless ChunkedTransfer=true as we now know).
Is this right?
Confirmed. And XBMC might also work without ChunkedTransfer with DLNA.ORG_OP=10.

Jumpy 0.2.8 (UMS 3.0.0-a3 update2).
  • XBMC: fails
    All videos are listed as DLNA.ORG_OP=01
  • Panasonic: works (first time)
    All videos are listed as DLNA.ORG_OP=10 except 'Add bookmark' which is 01. After a video is played and list refreshed it changes to DLNA.ORG_OP=01, this video then always stops prematurely.
Jumpy 0.2.8 testpan3 (UMS 3.0.0-a3 update2)
  • XBMC: fails
    All Videos are listed as DLNA.ORG_OP=01
  • Panasonic: fails
    All Videos are listed as DLNA.ORG_OP=01
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Casper wrote:Confirmed.
Great! Just to try and finish things up here's the actual fix I plan to release, which is slightly different so I'd appreciate if you give it a test drive. It
  • defaults ffmpegwebvideo items to DLNA.ORG_OP=01 which seems to be objectively correct, hence ChunkedTransfer=true is required in Panasonic.conf to avoid playback interruption.
  • doesn't require any 'refresh_needed' setting, since I've ditched the hacky refresh trick which was the main cause of the listing problem. On a related note I'm also curious to know whether pressing 'Delete bookmark' on the Panasonic instantly causes it to disappear from the parent folder.
  • doesn't fix the out-of-sequence 'Add bookmark' dlna id thing, which I'm guessing wasn't critical.
    jumpy-a3-testpan5.zip
    unzip to plugins/ - for testing only
    (86.07 KiB) Downloaded 541 times
It's outside the immediate scope here but I also wonder whether the DLNA.ORG_OP=01/ChunkedTransfer correlation sheds any new light on the SeekByTime=exclusive issue ExSport mentioned.
sausha80

Post by sausha80 »

hi @infidel,
It seems the imagemagick version (6.8.6-8) you have in your startup.bat has been updated to 6.8.6-9 recently
ImageMagick-6.8.6-9-Q16-x86-windows.zip 25-Aug-2013 19:09 211M
I had to update it in.bat file to get this last installation completed. Please update the .bat file accordingly if and as needed.
Thanks!
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

@sausha80: will do, thx for the report :).
S7eele

Re: Jumpy Plugin (17 May 2013)

Post by S7eele »

S7eele wrote:
infidel wrote:
Casper wrote:The Navi-X 0.3.6 plugin (video addon) appears to work fine in XBMC and Jumpy. You don't need the Navi-X script (program addon) installed
S7eele wrote:I am wondering if I could leave the updated script add-ons and just keep the old version 3.7.6 video add-on
@S7eele: afaict this should work, I just tried the addon (0.3.6 addon co-installed with separate Navi-X script 3.7.8) and didn't experience the issues you had, i.e. the addon worked the same in jumpy and xbmc to the extent I tested it.
@infidel - thx so much, ill give it a try tonight

EDIT: @infidel - I understand you have many issues that supercede this one so just asking you to give it some thought when and if you get some time. I don't NEED it of course but if you have a moment maybe you could look at Mash-Up. Seems like this add-on is trying to incorporate many other add-ons into theirs as "built-in" plugins. Could be a nice way to consolidate, no biggie for sure! ;)
Greetings oh mighty Infidel,

Been gone a while so I will check out Mash-Up and I wanted to let you know that I was able to have both the official Navi-X, latest update, installed in XBMC along with the modified Navi-X 0.3.6 Video plugin which makes the folders visible in Jumpy. Just like you said you were able to do infidel. I will have to post some logs cause I ran across a strange problem. If I go into the examples folder under jumpy and try the assorted entries (error, ok, wait, etc) in each case it seems to fail while if I launch it again immediately after the first launch it shows the proper graphic instead of "cannot display this file" that it gets during the first try. I have had things running to where when I added a bookmark I actually saw your message screen stating success but now all I get are the "cannot display file content type' or whatever. Looks so much cleaner when everything is working. I was one of the first you suggested turn the resolve_at_playback setting to false but I haven't found a connection. It is sparks a memory cool, if not forget about it until I get the proper logs collected and uploaded.

As alway, thank you!
Peace!
nomi2013

Post by nomi2013 »

HI
I have follow the instruction and isntalled latest Jumpy pluign (using installer) in UMS 2.5.6..My XBMC is Frodo
My TV is Sony Bravia EX62 (40 ")
When I open from my TV I can see XBMC folder and plugins but when I go into plugin I can see the root folder (for series) for e.g. SportsDevil plugin but when go further its giving error "Content couldn't be acquired"
Can someone help what this means..Is there any comptaibility issue between UMS /Jumy Versions with XBMC Frodo?
Do I need to install new UMS and new XBMC versions?
Thanks for help
Nomi
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

S7eele wrote: I have had things running to where when I added a bookmark I actually saw your message screen stating success but now all I get are the "cannot display file content type' or whatever.
Jumpy messages depend on presence of imagemagick convert.exe in the win32 folder. Both UMS and PMS used to include it but have dropped it in the latest versions. The jumpy installer will install it if it's not found, so depending on how you updated UMS/jumpy it may be missing.

As to the messages themselves, it varies by renderer, I think. For instance on my Sony Bluray any short video (20 seconds or less such as the default UMS "option enabled" checkmark message) always triggers a "corrupted" error. On android or xbmc they work ok (and the PS3 too afaik).
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

nomi2013 wrote:e.g. SportsDevil plugin but when go further its giving error "Content couldn't be acquired"
SportsDevil appears to be broken in xbmc too. In general it's always a good idea to test addons in xbmc itself to make sure they're functional. If you're having trouble with any addons that work in xbmc but not jumpy please attach logs and we'll take it from there.
nomi2013

Post by nomi2013 »

Thanks for prompt reply
Yes I checked with XBMC its not just SportsDevil plugin but all the plugin I have which are working in XBMC not working with Jumpy getting the above error.
But does this error tells that If its permission issue or some other config issue?..I also tried to give EVERYONE permission on the XBMC addon folder but same result.
I am using windows 7 x86 version.I will attach the logs when at home
Thanks again
Nomi