Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (19 Nov 2012)

Post by infidel »

Don't hold your breath :). xbmc's player is internal so it's probably detecting the other webstream tracks on the fly during playback whereas UMS is running ffmpeg (or whatever) externally and can't see the stream metadata (but I'm only speculating here, I haven't looked into it closely). Post a sample link and it may lead to something.
mrkrabs

Post by mrkrabs »

posting a sample link would be kind of difficult since it's linked to my ip (and contains login/password combination) and will not work with any other ip. i'll try to dive more into ffmpeg to see if there's a possibility to catch another audio feed ;) thank you! :)
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

I am not sure if I understand last posts in a right way but when talking about

Code: Select all

ShowAudioMetadata = true
I programmed it so I am sure MediaInfo is used for this purpose.
Anyway it is enabled by default. As you can see in ps3.conf file:

# Another useful hidden params and their default values if not defined:
# Display audio tag in TRANSCODE folder if defined in container (useful to find out correct audio track like commentary etc.)
# ShowAudioMetadata = true
# Display subtitle tag in TRANSCODE folder if defined in container (showing subtitles info like forced, full, documentary etc.)
# ShowSubMetadata = true
EDIT:
Now I am not sure if MediaInfo = false but I remember now, in this case it will fail back to ffmpeg 8-)
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

ExSport wrote:I programmed it so I am sure MediaInfo is used for this purpose.
Thanks for the clarification, ExSport, it was just a naive suggestion on my part :). The actual problem (I think) is that it's a web stream so there's no media to parse and playback defaults to the first audio track.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

You are right, I totally missed it is Jumpy plugin thread so WEB streaming :)
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

ExSport wrote:it is Jumpy plugin thread so WEB streaming :)
Well not necessarily WEB, jumpy does whatever it's told to do :).

But back to the subject, I think a half-way solution would be to write a playback hook to parse ffmpeg stderr output and make "late" entries into the transcode folder, but the user would have to start/restart to switch streams which isn't very smooth.
Penda

Post by Penda »

This addon is EXACTLY what i needed! Thanks you so much. Most of the xbmc addons I wanted works except a couple.

Phim47.com addon - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146949
It works on XBMC but no file shows up for google/youtube servers when accessed through UMS. I traced a sample video to the source url from xbmc.log.

NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: http://redirector.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?id=4a1d7a3fe1ce9671&itag=18&source=picasa&cmo=sensitive_content%3Dyes&ip=0.0.0.0&ipbits=0&expire=1357945735&sparams=i
Plugging the url direction into my browser plays the file. Anyway I can get it show up on UMS? I know some python so I can make adjustments to the addon if needed. Just need to know what to look for. Trying to set this up for my grandparents so I want it to be as simple as possible.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Penda wrote:It works on XBMC but no file shows up for google/youtube servers when accessed through UMS.
The culprit is jumpy :), try replacing plugins/jumpy/xbmc/xbmc.py and plugins/jumpy/xbmc/xbmcplugin.py with these:

[attachment removed] - superceded by jumpy-0.2.5
Last edited by infidel on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penda

Post by Penda »

infidel wrote:
Penda wrote:It works on XBMC but no file shows up for google/youtube servers when accessed through UMS.
The culprit is jumpy :), try replacing plugins/jumpy/xbmc/xbmc.py and plugins/jumpy/xbmc/xbmcplugin.py with these:
phim47fix.zip
Thanks! It works perfectly. It even fixes other addons I had that ran into the same issue!
slipwind

Post by slipwind »

Hello,

I am a new user to jumpy and just tried my first install of it from scratch. After performing all recommended installation steps using the auto installer for windows(and trying this process multiple times), I have not been able to successfully see xbmc addons on my PS3. I get as far as being able to see the jumpy "examples" on my ps3, but nothing with regards to xbmc shows up even though I have it properly installed. I found the following error message in my jumpy log while I was trying to troubleshoot this issue:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc.py", line 19, in <module>
import xbmc.xbmcinit
File "C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 25, in <module>
else os.getenv('ProgramFiles(x86)')) + '\\XBMC'
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'
[jumpy] latest version is 0.2.4

Any ideas on what the issues are? I attached the full log as well. Thank you in advance for any ideas you can provide.
Attachments
jumpy.log
(28.78 KiB) Downloaded 1342 times