Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
royaldave

Re: Jumpy Plugin (27 August 2015)

Post by royaldave »

infidel wrote:
royaldave wrote:I'm trying to install jumpy into UMS on debian.

An getting -
Apologies if this is too elementary, but just checking :): s the .run installer located in your plugins folder and is your $PWD also the same, i.e.

Code: Select all

cd /path/to/ums/plugins
./jumpy-0.3.7.run
Yes, that's what I'm doing.

I initially got the missing debug.log error as well - and I did a 'touch' one level down to create one.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

royaldave wrote:I initially got the missing debug.log error as well - and I did a 'touch' one level down to create one.
Extra points for resourcefulness :), but that won't help since the installer needs to parse an actual debug.log. Remove it, and please verify that ~/.config/UMS/debug.log exists, and if not please post the full paths to your ums program folder as well as your profile folder (where UMS.conf and debug.log reside).
HT1

Post by HT1 »

infidel wrote:
Doxeng wrote:Still for me the jumpy plugin is not detected
HT1 wrote:ps: here's a trace log and setup.log
I think there's a zip extraction problem for both of you again, is jumpy-0.3.8-dev.jar located in your plugins folder? jumpy-0.3.8-dev-151027.zip should be extracted to plugins, so after extraction this should be the result:
  • Universal Media Server
    • plugins
      • jumpy (folder)
      • jumpy-0.3.8-dev.jar
hey infidel sorry it took so long to reply

yes i extracted jumpy-0.3.8-dev.zip into plugins.

i extract setup.bat-fix.zip into plugins/jumpy and ran it.

here is the setup.log, 1st attempt as normal (local admin accnt), 2nd attemps run as admin.
Attachments
setup.log
(3.93 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Sony Bravia MN (my own conf)
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

HT1 wrote:i extract setup.bat-fix.zip into plugins/jumpy and ran it.
Try again ;).
Doxeng

Post by Doxeng »

Hello Infidel.

At this point with the Jumpy Plugin correctly installed and nothing being streamed succesfully to the renderer, what would be the next step?,
royaldave

Post by royaldave »

infidel wrote:
royaldave wrote:I initially got the missing debug.log error as well - and I did a 'touch' one level down to create one.
Extra points for resourcefulness :), but that won't help since the installer needs to parse an actual debug.log. Remove it, and please verify that ~/.config/UMS/debug.log exists, and if not please post the full paths to your ums program folder as well as your profile folder (where UMS.conf and debug.log reside).
OK, thanks. I installed ums in my personal home directory but because I was running it as root the log went elsewhere... so I copied it into the correct place and now I am getting -

copying setuptools.egg-info/zip-safe -> build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/EGG-INFO
creating dist
creating 'dist/setuptools-18.7.1-py2.7.egg' and adding 'build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg' to it
removing 'build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg' (and everything under it)
Processing setuptools-18.7.1-py2.7.egg
Copying setuptools-18.7.1-py2.7.egg to /root/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages
Adding setuptools 18.7.1 to easy-install.pth file
Installing easy_install script to /root/.local/bin
Installing easy_install-2.7 script to /root/.local/bin

Installed /root/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools-18.7.1-py2.7.egg
Processing dependencies for setuptools==18.7.1
Finished processing dependencies for setuptools==18.7.1

Error : easy_install not found
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Doxeng wrote:At this point with the Jumpy Plugin correctly installed and nothing being streamed succesfully to the renderer, what would be the next step?,
Apologies for taking so long. Your log shows many different attempts and I was going one by one. I should first say that jumpy's job is to deliver a downloadble link to ums, so any later playback problems with renderer support or network bandwidth/throughput are separate and unrelated to jumpy.
  • The most serious issue seems to be renderer related (as you already guessed), for example in the case of TED jumpy delivers the link and ums launches ffmpeg which begins transcoding and the stream goes to the Viera ST50, so everything is ok at the ums side. It's not clear whether the renderer has timed out as you say, or maybe the "Panasonic TV" renderer profile is not quite right for the Viera ST50.
  • For the Livestream addon the fault is with jumpy, which doesn't set a required cookie and ffmpeg fails with "HTTP error 403 Forbidden". I'm fixing this now and the next version should be able to do it right.
That's the story so far :) .
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

royaldave wrote: installed ums in my personal home directory but because I was running it as root the log went elsewhere... so I copied it into the correct place
Copying setuptools-18.7.1-py2.7.egg to /root/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages
Try installing and running ums+jumpy as user, not root. If python is installing modules in /root something strange is going on, [edit] /root is not normally used for anything but the root user's config files, so you must be logged-in as root and not using 'sudo' to install things. Typically system-level python and modules would be in /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib. What linux distro do you have, and how specifically did you install ums? Did you install python yourself?

Edit: scrolling up I see you're on debian (like me), so you should already have python but for some reason are missing
python-setuptools? A simple user install should work, but first do

sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
If you want system-wide installation of jumpy's python deps, you can then do

sudo apt-get install python-pip
sudo pip install py4j beautifulsoup4 lxml polib
but this isn't absolutely necessary since jumpy will install them locally for the user otherwise.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Doxeng wrote:At this point with the Jumpy Plugin correctly installed and nothing being streamed succesfully to the renderer, what would be the next step?,
Doxeng, regarding TED: what happens if you try to stream the TED link in WEB.conf? If results are different, attach a (short) set of logs showing a playback attempt for each case and maybe it will show something useful.
Doxeng

Post by Doxeng »

Hello Infidel,

Yes, I have very much the same results using WEB, then I gave it a try using the Jumpy Plugin. as before it said "wait a moment" then it said "cannot read file". I also changed experimented with renderer profiles, I feel the closest to the ST50 set is the VT50 set, being the VT set the "top of line" set of that series. These Plasma sets are worth more now that when they were new ...

Logs attached.

Thanks a lot.

Doxeng
Attachments
ums_dbg5.zip
(154.33 KiB) Downloaded 449 times