Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
frentemorao

Re: Jumpy Plugin (2 Feb 2013)

Post by frentemorao »

infidel

There is a new version of pelisalacarta addon and now it is not working on jumpy... again "no items/elements to show"
Tonight i will attach the logs...
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

frentemorao wrote:again "no items/elements to show"
I'm on a trip for a few weeks so I can't do much, but if you've updated your jumpy to 0.2.6 it might just be that you need to apply the additem-utf8.zip patch again. It was causing a few problems (in other addons) so I didn't include it in the new release, but I think it might still work for you.
frentemorao

Post by frentemorao »

infidel wrote: I'm on a trip for a few weeks so I can't do much, but if you've updated your jumpy to 0.2.6 it might just be that you need to apply the additem-utf8.zip patch again. It was causing a few problems (in other addons) so I didn't include it in the new release, but I think it might still work for you.
I am afraid I think it is not related to additem-utf8.zip because it does not work yet...

Here there are my logs:
ums_dbg.zip
(10.64 KiB) Downloaded 661 times

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc.py", line 93, in <module>
    import xbmcinit
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 220, in <module>
    __builtin__._mainid = read_addon()
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 189, in read_addon
    read_settings(id)
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 87, in read_settings
    xml = parseString(quickesc(f))
  File "D:\UNIVER~1\Python27\lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1930, in parseString
    return expatbuilder.parseString(string)
  File "D:\UNIVER~1\Python27\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 940, in parseString
    return builder.parseString(string)
  File "D:\UNIVER~1\Python27\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 223, in parseString
    parser.Parse(string, True)
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 45, column 56
Error in atexit._run_exitfuncs:
  File "D:\UNIVER~1\Python27\lib\atexit.py", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
    func(*targs, **kargs)
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 108, in done
    for id in changed: save_settings(id)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
Error in sys.exitfunc:
  File "D:\UNIVER~1\Python27\lib\atexit.py", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
    func(*targs, **kargs)
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 108, in done
umsfan

Post by umsfan »

I have downloaded the Navi-x video plugin from the following web site.

http://code.google.com/p/navi-x-plugin/ ... p&can=2&q=

This is a not the Navi-x repository that shows up in XBMC Program menu. On the contrary, this Navi-x addon appears in the XBMC Video Addon menu. It should be installed in the XBMC first by using Install from zip file option in the XBMC. I am able to browse Navi-x menus in my Jadoo TV IPTV Box by using Jumpy plugin running on Universal Media Server. The main navigation links are working but transcoding is an issue. I have tested with FFMpeg Web Video and MPlayer Dump. The MPlayer works better with Icefilms and 1Channel but FFmpeg Web Video is better option for playing Navi-x videos. Specifically, when someone wants to play Live Streams or Live TV channels, FFmpeg Web Video may be the right choice. I have not tested the Jumpy - XBMC Navix with PMSENCODER and VLC Player yer. The transcoder player selection should be fixed in the UMS as this option is no longer available in the Transcode folder. So I have to manually select a web player in the UMS graphic interface.

Also, I have tested the new Navi-x plugin for Plex Media Server to compare with UMS. All the Navi-x video files in Plex Media Server are appearing as MP4 format but have issues with Live Streams. On the other side, Navi-x videos in UMS are displaying as MPEG format, and Live Streams are played successfully.

I hope this may give some excitement to Navi-x fans.

Regards,
UMSfan
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

umsfan - you know that Channels have built-in NaviX support? There are streaming issues but Channels can browse the whole of NaviX...
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

frentemorao wrote:

Code: Select all

I am afraid I think it is not related to additem-utf8.zip because it does not work yet...
You're right, this should fix the error you're getting:
xbmc-dev-130324.zip
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

umsfan wrote:this Navi-x addon appears in the XBMC Video Addon menu. It should be installed in the XBMC first by using Install from zip file option in the XBMC. I am able to browse Navi-x menus in my Jadoo TV IPTV Box by using Jumpy plugin running on Universal Media Server. The main navigation links are working but transcoding is an issue.
Great, I'll check it out when I'm back next week.
umsfan

Post by umsfan »

There are two new xbmc plugins available: Mash Up & Movie2K. Jumpy does not allow the browsing for these plugins. I can browse these plugins in actual xbmc software. Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Thanks
UMSFan
lesgrossman

Post by lesgrossman »

Hi I'm running UMS 2.5.2 on PS3 via Mac OSX 10.7.5. I'm unable to play any of the XBMC addons via jumpy (I used the jumpy-0.2.6c.run installer you had provided earlier in this thread). Any video I play - it gives me the "Content cannot be played" error.
In the example attached I"m trying to play NBA addon videos. I'm having the same error with every Channels add-on I tried so far.
Please let me know if you see anything obvious missing. I'm fairly new to this - so can't quite tell what's missing.

Thanks a lot.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(23.95 KiB) Downloaded 590 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

lesgrossman wrote:I'm running UMS 2.5.2 on PS3 via Mac OSX 10.7.5. I'm unable to play...
Hi, your logs appear to show that ffmpeg isn't running. I don't have a mac handy right now, but last time I checked (a few months ago) UMS' ffmpeg binary was crashing under OS-X Lion. Try swapping it (/Applications/Universal Media Server.app/Contents/Resources/Java/osx/ffmpeg) with a reasonably recent binary compiled for 10.7 (maybe this one, or maybe ask in the mac forum).