Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
umsfan

Re: Jumpy Plugin (2 Feb 2013)

Post by umsfan »

Hi Inidel:

Have you gotten a chance at to look at the following XBMX plugin I have discussed before?

http://code.google.com/p/navi-x-plugin/ ... p&can=2&q=

Also, there are 2 new xbmc plugins available called Mash Up & Movie2K. Jumpy is not able to retrieve data from these plugins on my dlna media player but both plugins work on windows xbmc software.

The next question I have is that how can we play lives streams with Mplayer. All the xbmc movies play really great with mplayer but I am not able to play live streams. The live streams play really good with FFMpeg Web Video but it has some issues playing movies.

Thank
UMSFan
Penda

Post by Penda »

frentemorao wrote:
infidel wrote: I'm on a trip for a few weeks so I can't do much, but if you've updated your jumpy to 0.2.6 it might just be that you need to apply the additem-utf8.zip patch again. It was causing a few problems (in other addons) so I didn't include it in the new release, but I think it might still work for you.
I am afraid I think it is not related to additem-utf8.zip because it does not work yet...

Here there are my logs:
The attachment ums_dbg.zip is no longer available

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc.py", line 93, in <module>
    import xbmcinit
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 220, in <module>
    __builtin__._mainid = read_addon()
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 189, in read_addon
    read_settings(id)
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 87, in read_settings
    xml = parseString(quickesc(f))
  File "D:\UNIVER~1\Python27\lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1930, in parseString
    return expatbuilder.parseString(string)
  File "D:\UNIVER~1\Python27\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 940, in parseString
    return builder.parseString(string)
  File "D:\UNIVER~1\Python27\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 223, in parseString
    parser.Parse(string, True)
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 45, column 56
Error in atexit._run_exitfuncs:
  File "D:\UNIVER~1\Python27\lib\atexit.py", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
    func(*targs, **kargs)
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 108, in done
    for id in changed: save_settings(id)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
Error in sys.exitfunc:
  File "D:\UNIVER~1\Python27\lib\atexit.py", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
    func(*targs, **kargs)
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 108, in done
I'm getting the same errors. Tried the debug xbmcinit.py that was posted earlier but no help. Getting this error now when I try to load some addons.

Code: Select all

File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc.py", line 93, in <module>
    import xbmcinit
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 221, in <module>
    __builtin__._mainid = read_addon()
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 193, in read_addon
    read_strings(id, 'English')
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 119, in read_strings
    xml = parseString(quickesc(f))
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\extras\Python27\lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1924, in parseString
    return expatbuilder.parseString(string)
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\extras\Python27\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 940, in parseString
    return builder.parseString(string)
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\extras\Python27\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 223, in parseString
    parser.Parse(string, True)
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: no element found: line 1, column 0
Error in atexit._run_exitfuncs:
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\extras\Python27\lib\atexit.py", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
    func(*targs, **kargs)
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 109, in done
Error in sys.exitfunc:
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\extras\Python27\lib\atexit.py", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
    func(*targs, **kargs)
  File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 109, in done
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(150.4 KiB) Downloaded 514 times
Fraenzken

Post by Fraenzken »

Hi,

I just wanted to give you a quick update concerning mit Demand 5-Error: I use smart DNS now instead of VPN to stream from geoblocked websites, and this works! I get access to all Demand 5 streams with jumpy on my LG TV.

Thanks for the amazing work!

Frank

P.S. Just tested it again: My XBMC Demand 5 addon seems to have stopped working in the last few days. My triumph didn't last long... :(
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

umsfan wrote:Hi Inidel:

Have you gotten a chance at to look at the following XBMX plugin I have discussed before?

Also, there are 2 new xbmc plugins available called Mash Up & Movie2K. Jumpy is not able to retrieve data from these plugins on my dlna media player but both plugins work on windows xbmc software.

The next question I have is that how can we play lives streams with Mplayer. All the xbmc movies play really great with mplayer but I am not able to play live streams. The live streams play really good with FFMpeg Web Video but it has some issues playing movies.

Thank
UMSFan
Greets again UMSFAN, seems you and I are often after the same things with regard to streaming web content, XBMC plugin access and NaviX integration. Anyway, I noticed your post above and wanted to let you know my understanding of how the will, or rather, will not work with Jumpy (as it exists today). The NaviX download you provided the link to is actually for a script within XBMC which is different in what I have to assume are significant ways from the video addons we are used to accessing via Jumpy. I run the latest NaviX script in XBMC and use it quite a lot. Unfortunately I cannot do so through Jumpy as a NaviX folder does not even show up. I know it could be done but..........

So, just wanted to let you know not to expect the NaviX folder just to show up in Jumpy folders. I still use Channels, sometimes sketchy, NaviX channel to get what I need from there. Lots of room for improvement.

I would love to see support for MashUP for sure. I would also love to find a way to integrate .strm files as a part of our normal library. I have no idea how to go about doing it but if we could get what we need from the .strm files you could have a complete library composed of very lightweight .strm files and of course all the metadata. Who knows, love to learn so anyone who needs basic work or testing done let me know. I have time.
Peace!
umsfan

Post by umsfan »

Greetings: S7eele

Thanks for responding to my post. In regards to the NAVIX link I have posted

This plugin does appear in my media player Jumpy folder as Jumpy-XBMC Video addon, and I am able to play the movies using this plugin in Jumpy folder. You have to install it in the XBMC first. This is plugin appears in the XBMC Video Addons section not the Programs section. The movies work best with MPlayer but if you want to play live streams you have to use the FFMpeg Web Video. You should try it.

We may have to wait for next version of Jumpy to see the Mashup plugin working. I hope that our smart Jumpy developer will be able to make it work.

Regards, and thanks to everyone.
UMSFan

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Greets again UMSFAN, seems you and I are often after the same things with regard to streaming web content, XBMC plugin access and NaviX integration. Anyway, I noticed your post above and wanted to let you know my understanding of how the will, or rather, will not work with Jumpy (as it exists today). The NaviX download you provided the link to is actually for a script within XBMC which is different in what I have to assume are significant ways from the video addons we are used to accessing via Jumpy. I run the latest NaviX script in XBMC and use it quite a lot. Unfortunately I cannot do so through Jumpy as a NaviX folder does not even show up. I know it could be done but..........

So, just wanted to let you know not to expect the NaviX folder just to show up in Jumpy folders. I still use Channels, sometimes sketchy, NaviX channel to get what I need from there. Lots of room for improvement.

I would love to see support for MashUP for sure. I would also love to find a way to integrate .strm files as a part of our normal library. I have no idea how to go about doing it but if we could get what we need from the .strm files you could have a complete library composed of very lightweight .strm files and of course all the metadata. Who knows, love to learn so anyone who needs basic work or testing done let me know. I have time.
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

umsfan wrote:Greetings: S7eele

Thanks for responding to my post. In regards to the NAVIX link I have posted

This plugin does appear in my media player Jumpy folder as Jumpy-XBMC Video addon, and I am able to play the movies using this plugin in Jumpy folder. You have to install it in the XBMC first. This is plugin appears in the XBMC Video Addons section not the Programs section. The movies work best with MPlayer but if you want to play live streams you have to use the FFMpeg Web Video. You should try it.

We may have to wait for next version of Jumpy to see the Mashup plugin working. I hope that our smart Jumpy developer will be able to make it work.

Regards, and thanks to everyone.
UMSFan
I stand corrected, thank you. :D

It sounds great, gonna have to give it a try as all I have seen is the service install of Navi-X. You said to just install from .zip, correct? Should I make sure to install it under a specific add-on category? Last time I installed it I ended up with a Service Add-On. I suppose I should make sure I am under the Video Add-On section when I install from .zip. Any clarification appreciated. Already downloaded the .zip using the link in your first post on the subject so will give it a try soonest. Thanks a bunch for the info, will be awesome to have another avenue to reach Navi-X. Still looking for a rock solid client but as we have discussed before the constant changes involved with Navi-X seem to make it difficult to maintain one, or it seems that way to me at least.

Thanks!
Peace!
umsfan

Post by umsfan »

Hi S7eele:

Here are the steps of installation for this Navix XBMC plugin:

1) Download the zip file to your C:\\ drive so it is easy to find from your XBMC software. So here is the URL again.

2) Open your XBMC software. Select XBMC System Menu, select Add-ons, select Install from zip file, select the Navix zip file you have downloaded to your C:\\ drive. After this procedure you will see a popup message saying that Navix addon has been added.

3) Go back to your XBMC Videos Menu. Select the Add-ons, and you will see the Navix plugin has appeared with other plugins

4) There is a Navix script option provide, you should update to Navix script 3.7.6

5) To check the what is the name of this plugin file, you should go to XBMC Add-ons folder, and file appears as "plugin.navi-x"

6) Now the exciting part. Turn on your DLNA Media Device first. Turn on your TV connected to your media device. Run your Universal Media Server, and you should be able to see the Navi-x plugin in your Jumpy folder. Make sure to set your encoder to MPlayer or FFMpeg Web Vedeo whichever suites your needs.

I hope this helps everyone who is trying to have some fun and excitement.

Regards,
UMSFan

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
I stand corrected, thank you.

It sounds great, gonna have to give it a try as all I have seen is the service install of Navi-X. You said to just install from .zip, correct? Should I make sure to install it under a specific add-on category? Last time I installed it I ended up with a Service Add-On. I suppose I should make sure I am under the Video Add-On section when I install from .zip. Any clarification appreciated. Already downloaded the .zip using the link in your first post on the subject so will give it a try soonest. Thanks a bunch for the info, will be awesome to have another avenue to reach Navi-X. Still looking for a rock solid client but as we have discussed before the constant changes involved with Navi-X seem to make it difficult to maintain one, or it seems that way to me at least.

Thanks!
Peace!
HigherMakoto

Post by HigherMakoto »

I totally cannot understand this thread. How do I use this plugin to view twitch streams on my PS3?
usernameone

Post by usernameone »

Does Jumpy work with dailymotion.com XBMC addon?
XBMC can see and play favorites/playlist from my dailymotion.com account. But on UMS the only thing I see is "XMBC Dailymotion.com" folder. There is nothing in that folder. I am using Vizio Smart TV.

I can download the same video file in ".mp4" format using a Firefox plugin and then stream it to the TV using UMS without issues.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Back, with apologies for the long hiatus :).
umsfan wrote:Have you gotten a chance at to look at the following XBMX plugin I have discussed before?
thanks again for pointing it out :). I've tried it with mixed results both in xbmc and jumpy, the addon itself doesn't seem to be under active development any more.
Fraenzken wrote: Just tested it again: My XBMC Demand 5 addon seems to have stopped working in the last few days. My triumph didn't last long... :(
stuff happens, alas :)
Penda wrote:'m getting the same errors. Tried the debug xbmcinit.py that was posted earlier but no help. Getting this error now when I try to load some addons.
usernameone wrote:Does Jumpy work with dailymotion.com XBMC addon?
try the new version below :) .