Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
nomi2013

Re: Jumpy Plugin (7 August 2013)

Post by nomi2013 »

Here is the debug log
THanks
Nomi
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(28.92 KiB) Downloaded 520 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

nomi2013 wrote:My TV is Sony Bravia EX621 (40 ") ... giving error "Content couldn't be acquired"
  • Congratulations, you've found a bug in UMS Bravia support :). For now the workaround is to add this setting to UMS.conf:

Code: Select all

mencoder_disablesubs = true
  • There is a further unrelated bug in the jumpy resolver which you will encounter next unless you also update plugins/jumpy/lib/resolver.py:
    jumpy-resolver-130912.zip
    unzip to plugins/jumpy/lib/
    (2.08 KiB) Downloaded 531 times
Also, please delete your duplicate post to help keep things tidy around here, double/cross posting is bad practice.
nomi2013

Post by nomi2013 »

Thanks infidel
I will test it and report back..thanks again for all ur help
I 'll delete the other post
Nomi
nomi2013

Post by nomi2013 »

One question I forgot to ask
can I add this line anywhere in the UMS.conf file?
Thanks again
Nomi
mencoder_disablesubs = true
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

nomi2013 wrote:can I add this line anywhere in the UMS.conf file?
yes.
EDIT: as long as there's no other mencoder_disablesubs setting later in the file (which would override it).
Last edited by infidel on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
nomi2013

Post by nomi2013 »

After adding this line, I can now see the files but when oprning stream now getting "Server is not accessable. Please try again later"
Please see latest logs
thanks for all the help
nomi
Attachments
ums_dbg_20130912.zip
(40.3 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

nomi2013 wrote:After adding this line, I can now see the files but when oprning stream now getting "Server is not accessable. Please try again later"
Have you also replaced plugins/jumpy/lib/resolver.py?
Casper

Post by Casper »

infidel wrote:
  • defaults ffmpegwebvideo items to DLNA.ORG_OP=01 which seems to be objectively correct, hence ChunkedTransfer=true is required in Panasonic.conf to avoid playback interruption.
  • doesn't require any 'refresh_needed' setting, since I've ditched the hacky refresh trick which was the main cause of the listing problem. On a related note I'm also curious to know whether pressing 'Delete bookmark' on the Panasonic instantly causes it to disappear from the parent folder.
  • doesn't fix the out-of-sequence 'Add bookmark' dlna id thing, which I'm guessing wasn't critical.
    jumpy-a3-testpan5.zip
It's outside the immediate scope here but I also wonder whether the DLNA.ORG_OP=01/ChunkedTransfer correlation sheds any new light on the SeekByTime=exclusive issue ExSport mentioned.
DLNA.ORG_OP=01 appears to be technically correct (the best kind) and not the source of the problem as WEB.conf videos are listed this way and work without ChunkedTransfer as well as Jumpy videos listed with resolve_at_playback=false. The only combination that doesn't work is: Jumpy + resolve_at_playback=true + ChunkedTransfer=false + DLNA.ORG_OP=01

Adding/deleting bookmarks on Panasonic shows changes only when leaving the directory and returning. With XBMC the server needs to be restarted for changes to be seen.

There doesn't appear to be any problem with Add Bookmark dlna id being out of order.

Changing SeekByTime between false/true/exclusive doesn't make any difference with Panasonic and XBMC, Jumpy playback always fails and WEB.conf always works.
nomi2013

Post by nomi2013 »

Yes Infidel
Yes I replaced the file , same issue..
I also tested with different renderer profile if I use "Sony Bravia EX" prfoile I got something like "cannot play video" but If I change it to "Sony Bravia EX 620" profile I got "Server not ..." error.
My questions
a) Do i need a new custom profile for EX621 (my bravia TV)? though UMS can play other video test files from both profile..
If I need one can anyone help me in making one for EX621?

b) What is jumpy prxoy error in this case?

Thanks for all the help
Nomi
nomi2013

Post by nomi2013 »

One thing to add that I have to force use "Sony Bravia Ex" or "Sony Bravia EX 620" profile as UMS will not find renderer (default) for my EX621
Thanks
Nouman