Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
DeFlanko

Re: Jumpy Plugin (26 February 2016)

Post by DeFlanko »

infidel wrote: There are several issues with this addon that make it a bad candidate for jumpy/ums use:
  • like all the source-aggregating addons it takes a lot of time scraping various sites/file-servers, so often ums times out waiting for a stream while the addon is still busy finding sources. Whether you get a link in time is hit-or-miss, I was able to get one TV show to work on the 3rd attempt.
  • Since there's no consistency as to sources, there's no guarantee that playback will work consistently either, i.e. just because it works for one item doesn't mean it'll work for another.
  • It presents a dialog of sources to choose from. Since there's no such thing as a dialog in DLNA, jumpy automatically picks the first item in this situation, which may or may not be a good choice, and all the other sources are ignored. Some of the other aggregators populate a folder with sources, which works better in jumpy, since you can browse through and try them one by one.
I hear you -- there are times where i have to scroll to the bottom of the lists to get a source to stream while in Kodi... So jumpy uses the first source regardless then... noted..
infidel wrote:Well I have no idea on this other than it has to do with trying to stream from a questionable source, but I take it you're saying if you play the same link via another renderer (or directly in kodi itself) Malwarebytes doesn't complain?
Yeah i ended up allowing python to access OUTBOUND in malwarebytes... thought it was strange... we'll see how that pans out.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

DeFlanko wrote:
  • Youtube in Kodi does not work in Web Interface through Jumpy.
  • Youtube in the Web Interface did not require me to youtube/active.
  • Assuming the activation is a one-time thing, it shouldn't be required when you're using jumpy as long as you've already done it previously in Kodi. The addon should read its login settings when running under jumpy, same as when it's running under kodi. One thing to try is a ums session with kodi not running. Lately I've seen a 'locked database' error sometimes when both kodi and jumpy are running at the same time (i.e. jumpy wasn't able to open the db because it was already open in kodi). Generally jumpy and kodi are able to share dbs but something may be different here, will look into it.
  • As previously mentioned there's no such thing as a dialog in DLNA, so you would never see any login dialog in ums anyway.
As you say, the rest of your items don't seem specifically related to jumpy which is only responsible for passing resolved links to ums. Streaming and playback issues are usually transcoder and renderer-related, which happens after jumpy is done.
HT1

Re: Jumpy Plugin (21 February 2016)

Post by HT1 »

infidel wrote:
kuroukage wrote:\ffmpeg64.exe" has a return code of 1!
Looks like it may be due to the ffmpeg binary. I just tested twitch in Windows and it wouldn't work until I replaced win32\ffmpeg64.exe with the latest zeranoe.com build. Try swapping+renaming binaries, or point ums to the preferred one in UMS.conf, e.g:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg_path = C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Universal Media Server\\win32\\ffmpeg-zeranoe.exe
If you still have issues, post a full set of logs reproducing the failure.
good info thanks infidel :!:

i was having trouble starting (watching) a live show on twitch, getting the dreaded stopped + "ffmpeg returned error of 1 check the log"

I updated to latest ffmpeg and it works now.

This needs to be in a FAQ/Sticky somewhere :idea:
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Sony Bravia MN (my own conf)
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

HT1 wrote:I updated to latest ffmpeg and it works now.
This needs to be in a FAQ/Sticky somewhere
Perhaps, but the bug was introduced into ffmpeg source code on Jan 16 and fixed on Jan 31, so it only applies to ffmpeg builds between those 2 dates, i.e. only for current UMS package. Next one should be fine :).
HT1

Post by HT1 »

infidel wrote:
HT1 wrote:I updated to latest ffmpeg and it works now.
This needs to be in a FAQ/Sticky somewhere
Perhaps, but the bug was introduced into ffmpeg source code on Jan 16 and fixed on Jan 31, so it only applies to ffmpeg builds between those 2 dates, i.e. only for current UMS package. Next one should be fine :).
Fixed on jan 31st but not in ums, 2 months ago and the devs didn't update it until i brought it up in the 6.20 release thread.

Might be an oversight, but it's not trivial, it is the basis for ums to work with video files. its set as #1 decoder, i wouldn't call it trivial.

Actually if memory serves (and it does), it's not the 1st time in my 2 years of using ums that i've had to update ffmpeg manually for ums.

And each time was sufficiently long apart that i actually forgot what the fix was, which means having to search for it high and low since its not anywhere.

Maybe this should be in the plugins tab. it's a quick way to check if ffmpeg is upto date and simple to update.
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Sony Bravia MN (my own conf)
glenrocks

Post by glenrocks »

Quick Q: Does this work with Kodi Jarvis?

jumpy-xbmc version 0.3.16
special://xbmc=C:\Program Files (x86)\KODI
special://home=C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\KODI
home=C:\ProgramData\UMS\Plugins\jumpy\xbmc
[jumpy] PROFILEDIR : C:\ProgramData\UMS\jumpy
[jumpy] setEnv: remove 'force_resolve'
found xbmc addons dir at 'C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\KODI\addons'.

Error: required addon not found: script.module.pyxbmctmanager
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

glenrocks wrote:Quick Q: Does this work with Kodi Jarvis?
Quick A: yes, but as always there could be specific addon issues.
sapsa

Post by sapsa »

Hello,

I been using Jumpy with success with my old plugin.
The only thing back then (kodi 14.x) was that I had to add 'file' atribute to url and it would look like this:

run_addon: plugin://plugin.video.my_plugin/?url=http://127.0.0.1:8111/RestApi/GetInfo/0/7/16224&mode=1&file=http://127.0.0.1:8112/videolocal/0/16224/file.avi&ep_id=15193
And thanks to that I could navigate thru my plugin and watch videos from my stream server.

It's been some time now (Kodi 16.1), but Jumpy give me error because he is trying to open file that have url:

http://192.168.0.2:5001/get/105/The+Girl+Of+Snow

This is of course when I navigate thru menus from my plugin (which apparently works ok)

It looks like he is trying to open file from UMS (I understand that Jumpy grabbed (or not) file from my url, pass it to UMS an UMS is trying to transcode it but without success). Im unsure if Jumpy grab file= or full url or just the RestApi part.

Do I have to do something else to make Jumpy once again support in my plugin? Did anything change ? or this is UMS related error ? (im using 6.3.1 and 6.3.1.1)

Info that could be helpful:
- In UMS logs I see "jumpy: [resolver] registering com.sun.proxy.$Proxy2"
- also in Jumpy-log I see this: import os.path ImportError: No module named path [jumpy] latest version is 0.3.9b but my Python 2.7.11 have os.path and use it without problems
- im using latest stable Jumpy 0.3.9b on Windows x64 with python 32bit and I didnt change any option except print to log
server: C2D [email protected] 3GB RAM
network: wired 1000MB/s
render: LG 55LM620S, Samsung LE40C650, PS3
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

sapsa wrote:Do I have to do something else to make Jumpy once again support in my plugin? Did anything change ? or this is UMS related error ?
Hi, not enough info :). Without seeing a full set of logs and source code of plugin.video.my_plugin I can't help you very much.
sapsa

Post by sapsa »

infidel wrote:
sapsa wrote:Do I have to do something else to make Jumpy once again support in my plugin? Did anything change ? or this is UMS related error ?
Hi, not enough info :). Without seeing a full set of logs and source code of plugin.video.my_plugin I can't help you very much.
If you say you need it then ok.
https://github.com/bigretromike/nakamori/

Logs are in attachments
Attachments
ums_dbg.7z
(50.05 KiB) Downloaded 545 times
server: C2D [email protected] 3GB RAM
network: wired 1000MB/s
render: LG 55LM620S, Samsung LE40C650, PS3