Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (22 Sep 2012)

Post by infidel »

Update to the twitch fix:
  • Upgrade to jumpy-0.2.4 or higher.
  • Place 'rtmpdump-jtv.groovy' in your pmsencoder scripts folder and remove/rename any existing 'rtmpdump.groovy' found there.

Note: For the location of your pmsencoder scripts folder check the 'pmsencoder.script.directory' setting in PMS.conf. If there is no such setting then create a 'pmsencoder' directory in your PMS program folder and put the script inside it.
twitchfix2.zip
instructions inside
(1.29 KiB) Downloaded 1655 times
EDIT: updated for jumpy 0.2.4+
Last edited by infidel on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wishthink

Post by Wishthink »

And just like that it works.
I've done the replace the xmbcplugin change many times, but first i've read of the rtmpdump-jtg-.groovy one.
Apparently that has done the ticket, thank you kindly.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Wishthink wrote:first i've read of the rtmpdump-jtv.groovy one. Apparently that has done the ticket
Great! It's not entirely clear how twitch had been working on Windows without it (previously, I mean). Maybe the server's become stricter recently.
Morias

Post by Morias »

X posted for political reasons :P

OK, so although the streams do generally work, I've got a couple of problems still.

With Own3D and Twitch:
1. After some amount of time the stream will freeze with the PS3 giving a "A network error has occurred" error. Once frozen trying to rerun the stream gives a "The content is corrupted" error on the PS3. On the PC, there are continuing processes for rtmpdump.exe and ffmpeg.exe using the CPU for each stream that freezes.
2. Some of the streams have a funny aspect ratio, which is squished horizontally and with the top 5% of the image cut off.

Thanks.

Geoff.
Attachments
PMS Debugs 5.zip
(13.78 KiB) Downloaded 1188 times
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

If I got any power (which I don't) I just like to say that we're open for polictial refugees. You're even allowed to link to PMS if anybody would feel an urge to do that....
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Morias wrote:1. After some amount of time the stream will freeze with the PS3 giving a "A network error has occurred" error. Once frozen trying to rerun the stream gives a "The content is corrupted" error on the PS3. On the PC, there are continuing processes for rtmpdump.exe and ffmpeg.exe using the CPU for each stream that freezes.
Although your debug.log isn't TRACE and doesn't show the streaming details, the general problem of continuing processes after stream breakdown is longstanding in PMS and I don't know of any actual solution, but can offer a fairly feeble :) suggestion to minimize the pain of opening Task Manager every time and hunting down the rogue processes and putting them out of their misery (disclaimer: I haven't actually tried this so you may have to fiddle with it a bit).
  • create a batch file, let's say ffrtmpkill.bat

Code: Select all

@echo off
    taskkill /f /im ffmpeg.exe
    taskkill /f /im rtmpdump.exe
  • and add it to jumpy-scripts.ini:

Code: Select all

[Util/kill ffmpeg rtmpdump]
    cmd = c:\somewhere\ffrtmpkill.bat
now (assuming it actually works) you should be able to kill them off from the xmb by going to Jumpy > Util > kill...before restarting the streams.

As for an actual solution, I'll see if I can reproduce the behaviour and post back if I learn anything.
Morias wrote:2. Some of the streams have a funny aspect ratio, which is squished horizontally and with the top 5% of the image cut off.
No clue here, since ffmpeg is presumably streaming it to your screen in ntsc dvd resolution. Maybe the ffmpeg settings can be tweaked.

EDIT: fixed taskkill command
Last edited by infidel on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Morias wrote:1. After some amount of time the stream will freeze with the PS3 giving a "A network error has occurred" error. Once frozen trying to rerun the stream gives a "The content is corrupted" error on the PS3. On the PC, there are continuing processes for rtmpdump.exe and ffmpeg.exe using the CPU for each stream that freezes.
I tested twitch on Windows with Sony Bluray four times letting it run until something failed, which happened thrice anywhere from 20 minutes to 1.5 hours later. But the failures were all "normal" interrupts: one time it seems the guy signed off and never was there any extended freezing or runaway processes afterwards, so it was presumably just an interruption out in the web somewhere, and rtmpdump doesn't automatically resume.

The behaviour you describe is similar to this, which seems to happen to the PS3 only (and on Windows only afaict). I don't have a PS3, unfortunately, and haven't been able to make any headway on it.
Morias

Post by Morias »

Hi, and sorry for the delayed reply. Yes, the problem seems to be exactly the same as you have linked. Your taskkill solution seems to be very tempremental if it works at all - not easy to test because sometimes the stream is bugged and sometimes it has lagged out normally.

I thought I'd managed to fix the aspect ration problem by setting -s 1650x1050 in ffmpeg options, but now I'm not so sure. Damn this is turning out to be a pain to sort!

I'll keep on trying to test the taskkill solution.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Morias wrote:Your taskkill solution seems to be very tempremental if it works at all
I looked at it too when I was in Windows, it needs to include the /f (force) switch (corrected above).
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (19 Nov 2012)

Post by infidel »

Update: jumpy-0.2.4