Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (26 February 2016)

Post by infidel »

excaliburr wrote:The problem is that Kodi is not installable on my Debian testing.
It seems to be the case, based on your snippet. It installs ok from the Debian repo for me (Jessie). What happens if you just try installing it yourself:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install kodi
I'd recommend trying to resolve the kodi install errors first if possible because the rest is much simpler if you are doing it from within kodi.
excaliburr wrote:Will I still need xmbc full package?
No, all jumpy needs is for the addon (and required addon dependencies) be located at the usual spots (i.e. addons in ~/.kodi/addons, and settings at ~/.kodi//userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube and so on). You can do it all by hand but it's a pain, let me know if you can't resolve the kodi install and I'll try to walk you through it.

Alternatively you can continue to use youtube-dl as primary resolver (which is what you've been doing thus far, I assume) and hack the jumpy resolver script to set different quality arguments to its youtube-dl call, see youtube-dl docs and jumpy/lib/resolver.py#L227:

youtube_dl.main(['-s', '--no-playlist', '-f', 'best', url])
excaliburr

Post by excaliburr »

infidel

Thanks for teh reply.

I can not resolve the kodi xmbc errors. I tried manual and auto installs and tried building from source but there are couple missing or conflicting libs that makes even building from the source harder. So I wont take that route at keast for now.

I will try hackingthe youtube-dl resolver. I am pretty sure that is what my install has been running for a while.
excaliburr

Post by excaliburr »

infidel

I also would like to try out the Kodi plugin so it would be great if you could help me out with settign up the plugin manually.

Also all these helps you gave me could be in the jumpy help.

thanks
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

excaliburr wrote:I also would like to try out the Kodi plugin so it would be great if you could help me out with settign up the plugin manually.
Ok, but to minimize unnecessary headaches :) first please let me know if you've tried either of these solutions (found at 'Cannot install kodi on debian testing'):
excaliburr wrote:Also all these helps you gave me could be in the jumpy help.
Yes, of course, but jumpy is an all-purpose scripting api without any special awareness of youtube as opposed to other web media, it's a bit too specific of a subject for the general documentation :).
excaliburr

Post by excaliburr »

Ok ok

I managed to install Kodi thanks for pushing for it. The reason it was broke was that I had the Jessie repo for Deb-multimedia(did not upgrade after system upgrade I guess). So I added the testing repo and kodi is on.

Now I reinstalled jumpy and I see the jumpy in Kodi etc but I still get youtube resolver when the resolver is set to 1 as you recommended.

"INFO jumpy: youtube-dl : https://r1---sn-vgqsener.googlevideo.com"

I am not sure what the issue is. Do I have to install the resolver module manually in Kodi? Because I do not see "script.module.urlresolver" in ~/.Kodi. Maybe it is supposed to be somewhere else?

infidel wrote:
excaliburr wrote:I also would like to try out the Kodi plugin so it would be great if you could help me out with settign up the plugin manually.
Ok, but to minimize unnecessary headaches :) first please let me know if you've tried either of these solutions (found at 'Cannot install kodi on debian testing'):
excaliburr wrote:Also all these helps you gave me could be in the jumpy help.
Yes, of course, but jumpy is an all-purpose scripting api without any special awareness of youtube as opposed to other web media, it's a bit too specific of a subject for the general documentation :).
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

excaliburr wrote:o I have to install the resolver module manually in Kodi?
No, I noticed this in your setup.log snippet, that the version of urlresolver referenced by the jumpy installer was no longer available online:
excaliburr wrote:downloading http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/jarvis/s ... -2.9.0.zip
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
I've updated setup, so to fix this (and to avoid other possible issues) please download the latest dev version of jumpy and run the installer again. You should end up with the following modules in your ~/.kodi/addons folder
  • script.module.urlresolver
  • script.module.simplejson
  • script.module.t0mm0.common
  • plugin.video.youtube
Also, for future reference, or in case of glitches, these modules can all be downloaded directly from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/ and unzipped to ~/.kodi/addons.

If you do experience further issues, it would be helpful to see a full set of logs just so I know the details of your installation :).
excaliburr

Post by excaliburr »

Curl is still getting 404

/jumpy-0.3.10-dev-160910.run
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Jumpy Plugin for PMS/UMS  100%  
downloading http://skeptical.github.io/jumpy/setup.zip
+ permissions are ok
checking python
Python 2.7.12+
setting python.path = python
+ python is installed
checking py4j
+ py4j==0.9 is installed
checking py4j version
checking bs4
+ beautifulsoup4 is installed
checking lxml
+ lxml is installed
checking polib
+ polib is installed
checking kodi
16.1 Git:Unknown Media Center Kodi
Copyright (C) 2005-2013 Team Kodi - http://kodi.tv
+ kodi is installed
adding jumpy repo
downloading http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/jarvis/script.module.urlresolver/script.module.urlresolver-2.9.0.zip

checking rtmpdump
RTMPDump v2.4
setting rtmpdump.path = rtmpdump
+ rtmpdump is installed
checking phantomjs
+ phantomjs is installed
checking youtube-dl

Edit:

I got the resolver issue fixed, it looks like the interface for the resolver script has changed slightly. Now there are 2 options there. I am getting xbmc resolver working now.

thanks for your help.
excaliburr

Post by excaliburr »

infidel

As of now the youtube listing only gives some recent videos of the channel/user. Is there a way to get all the videos of the user listed?

thanks
RinkADinKiDo

Post by RinkADinKiDo »

Dear infidel,

I've got everything installed correctly and it seems to be working. However, most of the actual add-ons don't seem to be working, whereas they work if I open them within Kodi on my PC.

For example, within the PS3 jumpy folder, the Exodus, Specto Fork, SALTS, UK Turk and VidTime folders all show up but say they don't contain anything. Phoenix and SportsDevil seem to be working fine, however.

Hope you can help!

Thanks!
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

Post by infidel »

excaliburr wrote:I got the resolver issue fixed, it looks like the interface for the resolver script has changed slightly. Now there are 2 options there. I am getting xbmc resolver working now.
Great, thx for going ahead and doing it the hard way :) . Apparently there's been a change in github website policy which blocked my setup update (to fix script.module.urlresolver download url.) I think I got this fixed now in the new vversion below.