Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Supermanfan77

Re: Jumpy Plugin (27 July 2014)

Post by Supermanfan77 »

Supermanfan77 wrote:Hi there infidel hoping you can help with this.

There is a plugin called video devil which takes you to a list of different sites with video. One of said sites is a live streaming site and when I try to play the video through UMS via Jumpy the video freezes and skips after only a few seconds of play, it's like there is no buffering. Also if there is any audio it's played at a fast speed (think like The Chipmunks on helium). The audio and video play normally in XBMC but not in UMS/Jumpy using FFmpeg Web Video Streaming engine. The only other encoder that works is VLC Web Video (Legacy) but doesn't play back the audio at all. I thought maybe it was an issue with XBMC or something which I've spent the last week on their forums trying to resolve, but in actuality the video's play just fine in XBMC.

So I've included the logs you need as stated in the first post in this thread. I hope they help and that this can be fixed some way some how.
Hi infidel. I have a question related to a topic I brought up here about a year ago. You had given me a couple suggestion to try and resolve this issue. One of them being adding the xmbc/kodi plug in to the exceptions list which did not work. So over the last year I come to find out that the source audio from the stream is 16 KHz mono. I found this out by recording a stream using VLC and then watching that recording on my PS3 via UMS. It would play the exact same way as the web stream, fast audio which would then cause the video to skip after about 8 seconds. Ive attached the info I get from Mediainfo
UMS.txt
(2.37 KiB) Downloaded 452 times
. The next thing I did was I re encoded the audio to 44 KHz 2.0 channels. That fixed the problem and the video and audio played normally. Since there is no options under FFmpeg Web Video to convert audio, is there a way trick jumpy into reading the audio as 2 channels instead of 1? Or is that a question I should be asking in the UMS main issue thread? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh and for some reason VLC Web Video (Legacy) no longer works as a work around.
HT1

Re: Jumpy Plugin (27 August 2015)

Post by HT1 »

HT1 wrote:hi infidel, i'm getting a weird problem, i can start a video on twitch but if i stop and restart , my tv stays blank and the log says there's no stream.

i'm thinking the initial prep jumpy/ums does to get the stream returns an extra info lost in the 2nd try. or maybe when restating the stream jumpy should redo the whole init part? it would help to get the connexion going like that 1st time.
hey infidel,

regarding this problem, saw in the log this error message: ERROR There is no inputstream to return for [my show]

i attached the trace log file from a freshly loaded ums then started my show, stopped and restarted for you to see what the problem is.

cheers
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(69.73 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Sony Bravia MN (my own conf)
HT1

Post by HT1 »

well this is new, trying to install on win 8.1
Warning: Short 8dot3 paths are disabled on drive C:
This may cause failures in some scripts.
Downloading "http://skeptical.github.io/jumpy/setup.zip"
######################################################################## 100,0%
C:
C:
1 file copied

Error: can't find UMS.conf.

Please start up UMS and shut it down again to ensure that debug.log is valid.

Press a key to continue...
weird thing is i just ran fsutil and rebooted, but the jumpy installer still says 8.3 doesn't work

fsutil 8dot3name query
says registry value is at 0 creating 8.3 file names

Dir /x:
2015-11-23 23:20 <DIR> $WINDOWS.~BT
2015-08-22 20:46 <DIR> boot
2015-11-07 12:03 <DIR> MESUTI~1 mes utilitaires
2013-08-22 10:22 <DIR> PerfLogs
2015-11-21 23:06 <DIR> PROGRA~1 Program Files
2015-11-26 02:00 <DIR> PROGRA~2 Program Files (x86)
2015-11-26 02:00 <DIR> PROGRA~3 ProgramData
2015-08-22 20:46 275 240 REFLEC~1.LOG Reflect_Install.log
2015-11-21 18:21 <DIR> USERBE~1 UserBenchmark
2015-10-28 18:40 <DIR> Users
2015-11-22 01:38 <DIR> win7sp1
2015-11-20 21:48 <DIR> Windows
1 fichier(s) 275 240 octets
11 Rép(s) 141 130 108 928 octets libres

C:\>
ums is installed in c:\progfiles (x86),
started fine and closed it (default.log exists)
copied jumpy 0.38 in its plugin folder.

what am i missing here?
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

TuN wrote:
Supermanfan77 wrote:
HT1 wrote:
Apologies for the long delay, will try to look into your various issues soon :).
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

HT1 wrote:weird thing is i just ran fsutil and rebooted, but the jumpy installer still says 8.3 doesn't work

fsutil 8dot3name query
says registry value is at 0 creating 8.3 file names
LOL the jumpy installer is expecting English output from 'fsutil 8dot3name query c:' but receiving French, confusion ensues :D. Not sure if there's a foolproof workaround to this, since the only way to know is by parsing the output message.
HT1 wrote:well this is new, trying to install on win 8.1
Please start up UMS and shut it down again to ensure that debug.log is valid.
...started fine and closed it (default.log exists)
This is probably due to a new 'improvement' :) in UMS logging where debug.log is now called default.log (or even better some random unpredictable user-defined filename), which can break the jumpy installer. Quick fix is to create a temporary debug.log for the installer by copying default.log. Let me know if this fixes it, since I'll need to update the jumpy installer.
HT1

Post by HT1 »

hi infidel welcome back,

i put jumpy 0.38 dev in C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins

debug.log already exists in C:\ProgramData\UMS but default.log didn't (i must have been tired when i wrote default in my prev message instead of debug).

i created default.log (copied debug.log) and tried to launch the jumpy install, but the same error message about ums.conf appears.

i changed the folder permissions for "users" and trustedinstaller to allow everything on c:\programdata, no go. it's not a permission problem.

i can't change them for progfile(x86)

as for parsing the output message, here is the full text, might your installer find common ground between english and french. i suggest searching for the left parenthesis and reading 2 characters to its left on both lines.
Microsoft Windows [version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.

C:\Windows\system32>fsutil 8dot3name query c:
L'état du volume est 0 (la création de nom 8dot3 est activée).
L'état du Registre est 2 (paramètre par volume, valeur par défaut).

Selon les deux paramètres ci-dessus, la création de nom 8dot3 est activée sur c:

C:\Windows\system32>
ps: i had to open an elevated command prompt on win 8.1 just to use fsutil. just fyi.
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
HT1

Post by HT1 »

i even copied C:\ProgramData\UMS to both appdata\local and roaming, no go.

since there is a plugin system in ums, if anything needs to be done, it's in ums itself. it's missing a button to install 3rd party plugins, allowing authors such as yourself to just make the app and let ums worry about where to install it.

maybe try to convince the ums devs about integrating your plugin in ums directly like gmusic and the other plugins ?
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
HT1

Post by HT1 »

quick question: why do you need debug.log ?

an idea to find where ums is installed would be to read the registry value at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Universal Media Server

2 benefits: you get the install path, thus allowing your program to find ums.conf and the plugins folder.

but an added benefit for the user , we can just start your installer wherever it is downloaded to like on a nas share holding everything we need to get ums up and running in a future instalation and it can adjust the paths for the other programs it downloads.

as for where the ums data folder is, there are 3 places on windows where it might be:

a quick check of the environment variables (dos prompt, set) reveals the following places to check:
APPDATA=C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming
LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\me\AppData\Local
ProgramData=C:\ProgramData

C:\ProgramData\UMS (most likely for win8.1 & 10)

now your installer just has to look in these 3 places to find the ums folder with the ums.conf/default/debug.log
hope this helps.
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Thanks for all the suggestions for future improvements HT1 but it would be more productive to post a set of logs I think ;).
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

TuN wrote: I had serious issues trying to connect to UMS from my TV. I was able to see it, but it kept trying to open the UMS forever, so I had to restart UMS and TV couple of times to make it open. ( I was also using Samsung Plex and Serviio at the same time ( disabled now )) I have now disconnected all other devices from the network, so it's just my computer and the TV now. The UMS opens fine now, but I'm still getting the mentioned issue when trying to open any stream. Thanks for the effort so far, infidel.

FYI #2: I am able to open the stream in Serviio as source quality, but it downgrades after few minutes to medium/low.
As we concluded before, it must be a renderer configuration issue but I don't see any other new/useful clues in the logs so I'm unsure what to suggest, sorry.