Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
ExSport

Re: Jumpy Plugin (25 April 2015 - Kodi update)

Post by ExSport »

Also newer systems enables it by default for system disk but it is "disabled" by default for any other disks...ehm. more precisely to say it inherits volume level settings by default (how formatted volume is)
So it seems system disk was formatted outside installation process or 8dot3support was forcefully disabled. Not good for system drive.
Anybody can try that also on new systems 8.3 names are required by many apps (command below scans registry if there is a link on file with short name):

Code: Select all

fsutil 8dot3name scan /s c:\
Bailiff

Post by Bailiff »

The reason of disabled 8dot3 in my system might be that i bought SSD disk some time ago, and i havent done a clean install of windows, i just cloned it from old one HDD
infidel wrote:
  • Set short names for your Program Files and UMS directories (because they were likely created without short names):

Code: Select all

fsutil file setshortname "Program Files" PROGRA~1
    fsutil file setshortname "Program Files (x86)" PROGRA~2
    fsutil file setshortname "Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server" UNIVER~1
I cant set above command, im always getting Error: Access Denied on Program Files and (x86), even in safe mode with cmd line, i even tried take ownership of this folders but still the same error.
I found solution with mklink to these two, but this didnt worked for me.
nickhere

Post by nickhere »

Bailiff
Your machine sound like it a prime candidate for windows repair all in one
http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/wi ... n_one.html

it will fix all the take ownership and registry issue.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Bailiff wrote:im always getting Error: Access Denied on Program Files and (x86), even in safe mode
Well I'm out of bullets :). Possibly if you mount the ssd as a secondary drive on another Windows system you'll have access, but that's just a shot in the dark.
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (27 August 2015)

Post by infidel »

Update: jumpy-0.3.7
ceres

Post by ceres »

I'm having problems with kodi's twitchtv plugin on PS3. I can find and watch the twitch streams I'm looking for, but adding them to favorites does nothing when trying to open them in Universal Media Server. They'll show up as a saved search or something, but opening them will spawn(is that the right word?) another menu. Maybe the jumpy bookmarks would help, but I can't get them to work.

BASICALLY, I'm looking for a way to search for, or bookmark, specific twitch streams in UMS. Please help!
manan

Post by manan »

you just help me out my problems, best regart ! thank you!
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

What's with the Russian/Cheq language.
Emmo213

Post by Emmo213 »

FYI I think there were some changes with the latest Kodi. It took me a bit to get things going but eventually I did. The jumpy scripts and things will have to eventually be updated.
Larus

Post by Larus »

Hi

How can I change path for convert.exe tool ? Jumpy can't work with default path because of spaces in that path. Otherwise it looks in %windows% folder but there is a system convert.exe tool (for filesystems) that obviously won't work.
I tried to set ENV imconvert with custom path but it is somehow ignored and still using:

[jumpy] setEnv: imconvert=C:\Windows\system32\convert.exe