Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
nomi2013

Re: Jumpy Plugin (14 September 2013)

Post by nomi2013 »

Hi Infidel
I removes the old jumpy sub-folder and .2.8 jars..put the new installer in \plugin folder and tested the jumpy from XBMC and great you can now open and run the videos from XBMC..thanks for the great fix..
One thing I noticed that If I run any video from XBMC jumpy it works for few seconds and then stops..I can restart the stream and it goes little further but stops again.. :(
I can see some JAVA error but will give you more details with logs when at home..
For testing I went one step further and try a video from XBMC and its working without any issue ..so looks like its not XBMC issue
I tested the same video from another DLNA software and it also has no issues so it might be either Universal Media Server or jumpy has some issue.
Nomi
nomi2013

Post by nomi2013 »

Strangely I am not getting error any more I updated the SportsDevil plugin and it seems to working okay with most channels..I understand some channels are not working as url may be old in plugin.
Infidel I have one question what is #TRANASCODE# folder..should I use the video inside this folder or one in outside ? I tested with few and the one outside #TRANSCODE# is also working fine
Nomi
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

nomi2013 wrote:what is #TRANASCODE# folder..should I use the video inside this folder or one in outside ?
The #TRANSCODE# folder is where you can choose additional transcoding possibilities for each file. For instance if the file can be transcoded by more than one engine (ffmpeg, mencoder, etc), or if it has extra streams (audio/subtitle), all these will be enumerated. If you uncheck "Do not add engine names to filenames" in the Navigation tab the labels will become more descriptive and you'll see the differences between the #TRANSCODE# items better.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

ExSport wrote:If it has no side effect, it should be added to the official Panasonic.conf file 8-)
I remember that without it most of the Android Video Players were not able to play any video from UMS so I added it to the official trunk.
Yeah, I've always wondered if ChunkedTransfer should just be the default, since afaik there isn't any renderer that doesn't like it. The "normal" transfer mode, where we send a fake stream Content-Length for items of unknown size is I think a hack that remains in the code for historic reasons.
nomi2013

Post by nomi2013 »

Thanks Infidel
I am using the videos which are not in #TRANSCODE# folder and its working okay with all the streams..Does it means these videos (not in #TRANSCODE#) are natively supported by my SOny EX621 or it just give me these videos will be run by default encoder ffmpeg,mmencoder..etc ?
How I know if the file is natively (supported) and running from the renders OR UMS will automatically detects the render profile and decide? I assume native supported files should run fast as compared to transcoded ones?
Thanks again for all the help..learning this great piece of software :)
Nomi
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

As infidel already wrote:
If you uncheck "Do not add engine names to filenames"
This will tell you most probably used engine.
TRANSCODE folder gives you combination of all engines/audio/subtitle tracks so you can select what you need (if wrong subs/audio is played or if file doesn't play so you can test another engine etc...)
zecaetanop

Post by zecaetanop »

Good morning.
I have PS3 Media Server 1.90.1 full-x64 installed on my Windows 7 - 64bits.
As I use also XBMC I would like to use jumpy to interface both systems. Is the first time I install a plugin on PS3 Media Server.
I installed the jumpy-0.2.9 plugin putting it in the plugins folder of PS3 Media Server and run the installer from there. The installation process gave no errors but when I started PS3 Media Server I got the following error. In fact the winp.x64.dll is not on the specified folder but I don't know why:

ERROR 2013-09-18 00:05:42.554 [main] Error instantiating plugin
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server\plugins\jumpy\lib\winp.x64.dll
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at org.jvnet.winp.Native.loadDll(Native.java:141) ~[winp-1.14.jar:na]
at org.jvnet.winp.Native.load(Native.java:90) ~[winp-1.14.jar:na]
at org.jvnet.winp.Native.<clinit>(Native.java:52) ~[winp-1.14.jar:na]
at org.jvnet.winp.WinProcess.<init>(WinProcess.java:41) ~[winp-1.14.jar:na]
at net.pms.external.infidel.jumpy.runner.shutdown(Unknown Source) ~[jumpy-0.2.9.jar.new:0.2.9]
at net.pms.external.infidel.jumpy.runner.run(Unknown Source) ~[jumpy-0.2.9.jar.new:0.2.9]
at net.pms.external.infidel.jumpy.runner.run(Unknown Source) ~[jumpy-0.2.9.jar.new:0.2.9]
at net.pms.external.infidel.jumpy.jumpy.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[jumpy-0.2.9.jar.new:0.2.9]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at net.pms.external.infidel.jumpyLoader.<init>(jumpyLoader.java:41) ~[na:na]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
at net.pms.external.ExternalFactory.instantiateLateListeners(ExternalFactory.java:230) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]
at net.pms.PMS.init(PMS.java:540) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]
at net.pms.PMS.createInstance(PMS.java:872) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]
at net.pms.PMS.main(PMS.java:949) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]

Can anyone please help me. Is there anymore information I should provide?
Thank you in advance.
Here is the complete log: http://pastebin.com/gcYARnmR
zecaetanop
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

zecaetanop wrote:The installation process gave no errors but when I started PS3 Media Server I got the following error. In fact the winp.x64.dll is not on the specified folder
Thanks for the report. Running PMS once from an Administrator account should fix it (see here). I thought I had fixed this in the new installer, would you mind attaching the file plugins/jumpy/win32-setup/setup.log to see what the problem may have been?
zecaetanop

Post by zecaetanop »

I will do that later on as soon as I arrive home.
Regards.
zecaetanop

Hello Infidel
Here is the setup.log as you asked.
Thank you for the help
zecaetanop

Hello again
After starting PMS with admin rights the error in the log disappear.
Thank you.
zecaetanop
Attachments
setup.log
jumpy - setup.log
(2.07 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
zecaetanop

Post by zecaetanop »

Hello Infidel
I always use PMS as a service. As I am starting to use Jumpy plugin I tested running PMS in both ways, as a service and normally, and I got some errors in both logs, but different errors that I would like you could help me solve them.
I attache both jumpy logs,when PMS is started as a service and when it is started normally.
My OS is a Windows 7 64bits.
Thank you for your help.
zecaetanop
Attachments
jumpy.log
Log when PMS is started normally
(44.21 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
jumpy(Service).log
Log when PMS is started as a Service
(31.76 KiB) Downloaded 449 times