Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (27 August 2015)

Post by infidel »

Doxeng wrote:This time the script was able to find ums.conf as well as checking for the python version, checked and found Py4j, beautifulsoup4, lkml and kodi which I had previously installed. Also installed polib and others but then found permission errors ..per log enclosed.
HT1 wrote:it complained about admin rights
So far so good :). Can you both please confirm that the new setup.bat is located inside your 'plugins\jumpy\setup\' folder as specified in the attachment comment? From the logs it looks like it may be running from folders above ('plugins\jumpy\' for Doxeng and 'plugins\' for HT1), which would explain why you're getting the permission errors.
Doxeng

Post by Doxeng »

Hi again,

I did a lot better this time for me, the first time it complained about not being able to install imconvert but it completed successfully the second time (without errors0

The problem now is that the ums log reports that the jumpy plugin is not detected... I'm attaching the ums logs and the setup log..

Thanks A Lot,

Doxeng
Attachments
setup.log
(2.8 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
ums_dbg2.zip
(33.17 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

Jumpy's job is just to deliver a resolved url to UMS, and it isn't concerned at all with the media details here so there's nothing relevant you could trick it into doing. Formatting output is a renderer configuration issue which is probably best addressed in the Media Renderers forum, and would need a set of logs to show what exactly is happening.
Ok thanks Infidel I will work on that with all logs including from Kodi and post it in the Media Renderers Forum.
HT1

Post by HT1 »

infidel wrote:
Doxeng wrote:This time the script was able to find ums.conf as well as checking for the python version, checked and found Py4j, beautifulsoup4, lkml and kodi which I had previously installed. Also installed polib and others but then found permission errors ..per log enclosed.
HT1 wrote:it complained about admin rights
So far so good :). Can you both please confirm that the new setup.bat is located inside your 'plugins\jumpy\setup\' folder as specified in the attachment comment? From the logs it looks like it may be running from folders above ('plugins\jumpy\' for Doxeng and 'plugins\' for HT1), which would explain why you're getting the permission errors.
i musta missed that, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Well good news : all green in the installer, and not from running it as admin either !

but starting ums i don't see jumpy in there at all...

here's the setup.log

and the ums.log.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(33.18 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
setup.log
(4.09 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Sony Bravia MN (my own conf)
HT1

Post by HT1 »

ok here's what i've done, i removed ums and reinstalled it, figured lets go through it again clean, so i deleted the install folder and the progdata\ums folder.

Reinstalled ums and jumpy in my win8.1 "admin account" and by "admin" i mean the one it tells me is admin, it gave me some errors starting at rtmpdump til the end (1st try).

so i win+x and started an admin dos prompt like that, cd'ed to jumpy's setup folder you had me extract the setup-fix into and ran the batch file, as "true admin". again with the quotes, lol

all green.

i'll try again as normal admin when you make the exe, if that fails, it'll have to be as admin-admin. lol

ps: here's a trace log and setup.log
Attachments
setup.log
(2.35 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
ums_dbg.zip
(28.11 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Sony Bravia MN (my own conf)
Doxeng

Post by Doxeng »

Still for me the jumpy plugin is not detected under win 7 with latest Java update and all other software installed.

By the way, a trace entry in the ums.log says there is an invalid plugin but there is no mention of the jumpy plugin anywhere. :?
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Doxeng wrote:Still for me the jumpy plugin is not detected
HT1 wrote:ps: here's a trace log and setup.log
I think there's a zip extraction problem for both of you again, is jumpy-0.3.8-dev.jar located in your plugins folder? jumpy-0.3.8-dev-151027.zip should be extracted to plugins, so after extraction this should be the result:
  • Universal Media Server
    • plugins
      • jumpy (folder)
      • jumpy-0.3.8-dev.jar
Doxeng

Post by Doxeng »

Hello Infidel.

Continue to make progress ;) , the plugin appears to be installed correctly and now shows in the renderer with all the bookmarks from Kodi, however nothing streams.

I think others have reported the same issue, if I click in an item, it says "please wait a moment" then after 15 seconds it says "cannot play file".

Some times just goes through all the items in the list in a second or two, again nothing even starts streaming .. I think this is related to the internet connection, but then, some type of buffering is needed to make sure the content does not time out

logs attached ...

Thanks a lot
Attachments
ums_dbg3.zip
(480.56 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
royaldave

Post by royaldave »

I'm trying to install jumpy into UMS on debian.

An getting -

Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Jumpy Plugin for PMS/UMS........................................................................................................................................................
lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfsd-fuse file system /run/user/1000/gvfs
Output information may be incomplete.
downloading http://skeptical.github.io/jumpy/setup.zip
######################################################################## 100.0%
relaunching...

+ permissions are ok

Error : can't find UMS_conf.

Please start up UMS and shut it down again to ensure that debug.log is valid.

any help please ?
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

royaldave wrote:I'm trying to install jumpy into UMS on debian.

An getting -
Apologies if this is too elementary, but just checking :): s the .run installer located in your plugins folder and is your $PWD also the same, i.e.

Code: Select all

cd /path/to/ums/plugins
./jumpy-0.3.7.run