Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (26 February 2016)

Post by infidel »

HT1 wrote:Question: just so i'm clear on the issue, why exactly do you need short paths, don't the tools work with long paths if you put quotes around it ?
Because of the bizarre quote-stripping behaviour of 'cmd.exe /c' in Windows, which makes no sensible attempt to match quotes properly when the initial character of the command line is a quotemark
cmd.exe /? wrote:If /C or /K is specified, then the remainder of the command line after
the switch is processed as a command line, where the following logic is
used to process quote (") characters:

1. If all of the following conditions are met, then quote characters
on the command line are preserved:

- no /S switch
- exactly two quote characters
- no special characters between the two quote characters,
where special is one of: &<>()@^|
- there are one or more whitespace characters between the
two quote characters
- the string between the two quote characters is the name
of an executable file.

2. Otherwise, old behavior is to see if the first character is
a quote character and if so, strip the leading character and
remove the last quote character on the command lin
e, preserving
any text after the last quote character.
No matter what precautions you take, it will bite you at some point :). With a shortpath, you are guaranteed that the first character isn't a quotemark, it's an old workaround, and (before you suggest it :)): I'm not interested in writing complicated alternative solutions to make cmd.exe happy.

HT1 wrote:Translating for you, basically the status i get for volume c: is 0 (8.3 creation is activated) and registry is 2 (default value, per volume). Are those the values you seek ?
With all due respect, HT1, do you suppose this is news to me :)? The bottom line on fsutil, as far as I'm concerned, is that since the installer doesn't use it for any purpose other than the warning, and since the warning is problematic because it needs to parse text which is not guaranteed to be english, it's just simpler to remove the warning from the installer, since it was a bad idea to begin with and just causes confusion :).
HT1

Post by HT1 »

infidel wrote:it's just simpler to remove the warning from the installer, since it was a bad idea to begin with and just causes confusion :).
that is a very good idea. and thanks for the explanation on the cmd part, i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Sony Bravia MN (my own conf)
sapsa

Post by sapsa »

infidel wrote:
sapsa wrote:Now its better but playing video have null catch and wont play.
My bad, I didn't test in Windows, which is importing plain json as opposed to simplejson :), try dev-160610.
Had few problems when He didnt want to start playing because jumpy loope itself and serve url over and over, and when i finaly decide to include trace log and started record it it started to work.
Sadly still duration is 00:00 I checked on different players they have been video player (build in) and mx player, ums pick chromcast as renderer for my android phone (is that the problem?)

Edit: I replace chromcast with android render config, no duration also.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(273.58 KiB) Downloaded 711 times
server: C2D [email protected] 3GB RAM
network: wired 1000MB/s
render: LG 55LM620S, Samsung LE40C650, PS3
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Very long discussion so I skipped some parts a lot but spotted mentioning fsutil.
More correctly saying short names are by default disabled for data volumes and enabled for system volume 8-)
Also it mainly depends on formatting tool than OS itself.
From Windows 7/2008 Microsoft set globally that it depends on volume itself if 8dot3 is enabled or not.
So it depends where or by which tool volumes are formatted. If you will format volume in XP/2003, shortnames per volume settings will be enabled for all volumes.
If you will use inbuild FORMAT tool from versions w7/2008 and up, it will disable shortnames for data volumes and enable it for system volume only due to backward compatibility.
It means you will never know depending on the system OS what the settings is but with 99% accuracy we can say drive C:\ will have it enabled, others mostly not :mrgreen:
HT1

Post by HT1 »

Greetings Infidel !

i'm getting a weird error on my tv when i try to launch twitch, so i come to my computer and start kodi to make sure it works, and as of tonight, i'm getting an HTTP ERROR in kodi when i try to use the jumpy plugin to watch a twitch stream from a studio i'm following.

i've reinstalled ums from scratch as admin, and kodi 16.1 but no go. i even tried kodi 17 krypton, no joy.

could it be the fact that the twitch addon in kodi doesn't ask for a password only user name or could it be something else ?

is there anything we can do ?

i attached the kodi.log (not sure if you can use it) and the jumpy log too.

looks like i'm not alone: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid ... pid2406730
Attachments
kodi.log
(439.31 KiB) Downloaded 665 times
jumpy.log
(10.19 KiB) Downloaded 674 times
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

HT1 wrote:i'm getting an HTTP ERROR in kodi when i try to use the jumpy plugin to watch a twitch stream
Hi HT1 :). Try jumpy-0.3.10-dev-160910.

I'm able to navigate/play the current twitch addon (1.4.2) with this, though as an anonymous user since I don't have a twitch account. The problem you linked to seems to be related to internal kodi playback, so it may not be directly relevant here since for us the playback process happens separately and independently within UMS. Anyhow streams are working ok for me in win7 and linux.
HT1

Post by HT1 »

you're right, it must be a problem on kodi, i guess twitch changed the way they want us to interact with their api.

thanks for the update, it installed fine on my win10 machines as admin.

cheers
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
HT1

Post by HT1 »

infidel wrote:
HT1 wrote:i'm getting an HTTP ERROR in kodi when i try to use the jumpy plugin to watch a twitch stream
Hi HT1 :). Try jumpy-0.3.10-dev-160910.

I'm able to navigate/play the current twitch addon (1.4.2) with this, though as an anonymous user since I don't have a twitch account. The problem you linked to seems to be related to internal kodi playback, so it may not be directly relevant here since for us the playback process happens separately and independently within UMS. Anyhow streams are working ok for me in win7 and linux.
i've been looking for twitch addon 1.4.2 but can't find it, i saw the github but there's no released file 1.4.2 only upto 1.4.

Do you have a link to a download ?
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
HT1

Post by HT1 »

well there is finaly some movement in the twitch situation, we now know the cause for this bug: "Twitch just added closed captioning to their playlists, which has caused all streams to not play. "

Check here for some info and a possible fix https://github.com/StateOfTheArt89/Twit ... issues/188

Let's hope for a v1.4.3 soon !
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
RinkADinKiDo

Post by RinkADinKiDo »

Hello,

Apologies but I'm having a lot of difficulty, can you please help?

All I get on the UMS is a 'jumpy' folder with nothing in it.

Relevant data attached.

Thanks!
Attachments
ums_dbg_20161006.zip
(42.14 KiB) Downloaded 678 times