Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
JimC

Re: Jumpy Plugin (27 July 2014)

Post by JimC »

Jumpy just won't work. Everytime i try to install it, the installer dares me to shut down UMS. I reinstalled UMS ´completely. I kicked UMS out of the autostart,restarted the pc and made sure that Java is shut down, but still the same.

If there is nothing to fix the problem i don't have hope in finding another plugin which let's me stream xbmc apps?
Attachments
setup.log
My Pc won't let me produce a file which is 100% english, so sorry, but i think everything is clear.
(1.4 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

JimC wrote:Jumpy just won't work. Everytime i try to install it, the installer dares me to shut down UMS. I reinstalled UMS ´completely. I kicked UMS out of the autostart,restarted the pc and made sure that Java is shut down, but still the same.

If there is nothing to fix the problem i don't have hope in finding another plugin which let's me stream xbmc apps?

I don't understand German but I think I know your problem and I hope this translates properly for you.

1) install UMS and configure it the way you would like it too run.
2) Shutdown UMS by clicking the "quit" button at the top. Don't just close it to the system tray.
3) place jumpy setup in the UMS directory (for example c:/programs/universal media server/plugins)
4) right click on the Jumpy setup and select "run as administrator".
5) after jumpy completes its setup, restart UMS.
6) jumpy should now load and work for you.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Supermanfan77 wrote:the video freezes and skips after only a few seconds of play, it's like there is no buffering.
Sorry for the long delay :). The behaviour you describe sounds like a previous 'sudden death' bug having to do with jumpy sending a bad duration value to UMS which I fixed a while ago, but it could be the PS3, which has its own quirks, doesn't like this fix. I would try:
  • Disable "resolve at playback" for the addon, i.e.in the gui open Jumpy > Scripts > jumpy-xbmc and add to the force_resolve box:

Code: Select all

plugin.video.videodevil
    which should cause jumpy to revert to its old behaviour for this addon.
  • See if it happens when browsing UMS from xbmc or other renderers if possible, i.e. is this issue specific to the PS3?
  • Try other similar HLS streams, for instance install the Nasa addon from the xbmc.org repo and try Nasa > Livestreams > Nasa TV HD and post logs if it fails.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

JimC wrote:Everytime i try to install it, the installer dares me to shut down UMS
The jumpy installer can fail due to either file-locking in Windows because UMS is running, or because of lack of write permission in the UMS program folder. Reading your description it sounds like you've tried to eliminate file-locking by ensuring UMS isn't active, and setup.log shows admin rights are present.

@Supermanfan77's description of the install process is correct, so please review it. According to the log the failure occurs during python installation, so you could try:
  • Double-clicking on python-2.7.6.msi in jumpy/setup to install python by hand (preferably to a non-space-containing path without restricted permission e.g. 'c:\python27').
  • Rerun the jumpy installer and see if it gets past this point.
Full manual install info is here as you probably know already :).
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

infidel wrote:Sorry for the long delay :). The behaviour you describe sounds like a previous 'sudden death' bug having to do with jumpy sending a bad duration value to UMS which I fixed a while ago, but it could be the PS3, which has its own quirks, doesn't like this fix. I would try:
  • Disable "resolve at playback" for the addon, i.e.in the gui open Jumpy > Scripts > jumpy-xbmc and add to the force_resolve box:

plugin.video.videodevil
    which should cause jumpy to revert to its old behaviour for this addon.
  • See if it happens when browsing UMS from xbmc or other renderers if possible, i.e. is this issue specific to the PS3?
  • Try other similar HLS streams, for instance install the Nasa addon from the xbmc.org repo and try Nasa > Livestreams > Nasa TV HD and post logs if it fails.
The NASA live video plays quite well. I now wonder if maybe the issue isn't Jumpy or XBMC, but something to do with the site it's coming from?
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Supermanfan77 wrote:I now wonder if maybe the issue isn't Jumpy or XBMC
I thought it was working in xbmc? If so enable System > Debugging in xbmc and attach an xbmc log for comparison, maybe it'll show something.
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (11 November 2014)

Post by infidel »

Update: jumpy-0.3.4
Okashu

Post by Okashu »

Any news on implementing subtitles? Watching xbmc stuff on my TV sounds awesome, but my English is far from good enough to be able to watch without subtitles. If their support isn't coming soon, do you know any other similar projects which do support subtitles?

Also, I have a problem when trying to access my plugins - I only see empty folders. Here's what I found in jumpy.log:

Reading C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.ted.talks\resources\settings.xml
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc.py", line 130, in <module>
    import xbmcinit, xbmc
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 500, in <module>
    reset()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 478, in reset
    __builtin__._mainid = read_addon(id)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 360, in read_addon
    read_settings(i)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 132, in read_settings
    xml = xmlsoup(f)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 18, in xmlsoup
    def xmlsoup(f): return BeautifulSoup(open(f).read(), 'xml')
  File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\beautifulsoup4-4.3.2-py2.7.egg\bs4\__init__.py", line 152, in __init__
    % ",".join(features))
bs4.FeatureNotFound: Couldn't find a tree builder with the features you requested: xml. Do you need to install a parser library?
Error in atexit._run_exitfuncs:
  File "c:\Python27\lib\atexit.py", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
    func(*targs, **kargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 163, in done
    for id in changed:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
Error in sys.exitfunc:
  File "c:\Python27\lib\atexit.py", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
    func(*targs, **kargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 163, in done
    for id in changed:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

EDIT: Never mind I fixed it by reinstalling lxml in python. My question about subtitles still stands.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Okashu wrote:I fixed it by reinstalling lxml in python
Wonder why the installer didn't take care of this (assuming you were using the installer. If so and your plugins/jumpy/setup/setup.log contains an error about it, please post).
Okashu wrote:Watching xbmc stuff on my TV sounds awesome, but my English is far from good enough to be able to watch without subtitles.
Leaving aside the question of English proficiency, which appears to be excellent :), jumpy will pass along any subtitle info it receives from the addon to UMS. Without seeing a specific example (preferably with logs attached) of something that has subs in xbmc but not in jumpy I can't give you a more detailed answer.
Rasmnev

Post by Rasmnev »

Hi guys,

I'm quite new at this. I just tried to install jumpy, and everything seems fine but when I open the jumpy folder on my ps3 all I get are 3 empty folders. Am I supposed to install anything on my ps3 to get this to work?