Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

Post by infidel »

RinkADinKiDo wrote: most of the actual add-ons don't seem to be working, ...For example, ... Exodus, Specto Fork, SALTS, UK Turk and VidTim
Try the new version below :). I'm unfamiliar with any of the addons above, but will try to look into them if/when when time permits (not soon alas, very busy with other stuff right now).
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Update: jumpy-0.3.10
RinkADinKiDo

Post by RinkADinKiDo »

TOO BUSY!?

Ha-ha, just kidding, I sincerely appreciate your help!

Would there be a list of Kodi add-ons that are compatible with Jumpy, which are definitely working?
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

RinkADinKiDo wrote:TOO BUSY!?
I'm renovating my house, first things first :).
holistico

Post by holistico »

I tried installing jumpy-0.3.10.exe on my Windows 7 x64 system, but had some problems with files that couldn't be found. I am particularly interested in streaming what's showing on the desktop (for channel Dave from UKTV Play).

I've attached the log as copied from the cmd window as it installed, and the following excerpts below seems to be the most relevant:
________________________________________________________________________________________________
The system cannot find the drive specified.
Downloading "http://downloads.sourceforge.net/projec ... /setup.zip"

curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
1 file(s) copied.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Checking kodi
Installing kodi
Downloading "http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/k ... Jarvis.exe"

curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
Checking kodi
Warning: problem installing kodi
see C:\PROGRA~2\UNIVER~1\plugins\jumpy\setup\setup.log
Attachments
jumpy_install.log
(2.69 KiB) Downloaded 906 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

holistico wrote: I am particularly interested in streaming what's showing on the desktop (for channel Dave from UKTV Play).
Hi holistico :). Those setup warnings don't affect the ability to stream your desktop (I'm assuming you mean via the capture script), but you may find desktop streaming to be a bit choppy for full motion video. If so, download and install Kodi by hand and that will take care of the kodi setup error (caused by outdated url in jumpy setup), and then I think there's a kodi addon for UKTV you can try (install it in kodi, and if it works then it should also work with jumpy).
moeinbiz

Post by moeinbiz »

I have installed Jumpy and capture script but do them work only on PS3 device? I have a MiraScreen dongle and can't find any captured video file of my desktop to stream.
fattest

Post by fattest »

Do all KODI addons work through Jumpy? Most of mine say "There is no playable media". I'm using pretty common addons which work on all my other devices. Did I miss something in the setup?
hollyguto

Post by hollyguto »

Guys i really need some help in making kodi works on my ps3 with jumpy.

Okay, first i've installed the jumpy lattest version plugin and was able to see my kodi addons on ps3, but couldn't play any file as it returned the network error 000001f4.
Then i made some research and reinstalled everything but kodi (i didn't want to lose my addons), i've even reinstalled klite codec pack and avisynth. Also i installed the remaining ums plugins (channels and stuff).

Now i have a different issue, my kodi addons are not showing up on ps3, i go the where they used to be, UMS -> Jumpy, and there's no kodi.

Just to try things out, i've tryied to run one of the web streams non related to kodi and it returns the error 800288E1

I really don't know what else to do, i've spent like 6 hours in this, been trying since morning with no luck, i'd appreciate if anyone could help me =(
Tsubasa

Post by Tsubasa »

The pre-installed with Jumpy capture.py doesn't seem to work.

After a quick look, the issue appears to be that capture.py doesn't get called with 'play' as an argument when selecting any of the items in Devices directory. It only gets called with
  • no arguments, during the initialization
  • 'explore' argument, when exploring Devices directory
When selecting an item in Devices directory I get nothing new in Jumpy's log file, but I get the following in UMS's log window:

Code: Select all

04:09:35 ERROR There is no inputstream to return for HP TrueVision HD [320x240@30fps]
04:09:35 ERROR There is no inputstream to return for HP TrueVision HD [320x240@30fps]
pms.addAction() in addDevice() function of capture.py gets called like the following

Code: Select all

pms.addAction('HP TrueVision HD [320x240@30fps]', ['C:\\\\Program Files (x86)\\\\Universal Media Server\\\\plugins\\\\jumpy\\capture\\capture.py', 'play', 'dshow', 'HP TrueVision HD [320x240@30fps]', 'video="HP TrueVision HD"', '320x240', '30'], '#monitor')
, which seems fine to me. Not sure why does UMS/Jumpy not call the capture.py back with the 'play' argument when an item is selected in Devices.