Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
frentemorao

Re: Jumpy Plugin (2 Feb 2013)

Post by frentemorao »

infidel wrote:
frentemorao wrote:

Code: Select all

File "D:\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 108, in done
        for id in changed: save_settings(id)
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
I am afraid I think it is not related to additem-utf8.zip because it does not work yet...
You're right, this should fix the error you're getting:
xbmc-dev-130324.zip
fixed!!!
thank you again!
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

Hi Infidel,

I'm having an issue with the update.jar again. I'm getting Java errors since the latest updates for UMS have been released. Would appreciate a fix when you have the chance. Hope your trip is going well. :)

Thanks,
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

kuroukage wrote:I'm having an issue with the update.jar again. I'm getting Java errors since the latest updates for UMS have been released.
Hi Kurou, see below and apologies for not explaining this sooner :).
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

To enable ffmpegwebvideo/pmsencoder coexistence for UMS 2.5.0+:
  • ffmpeg.webfilters is now included in the official UMS release and automatically installed to your UMS profile folder (where UMS.conf is located). This is a file containing user-configurable custom rules to fine-tune the behaviour of the FFmpeg Web Video transcoding with respect to specific urls.
    • To users of my previous fix: update.jar is no longer required, and please note the new location for ffmpeg.webfilters.
  • Download ffmpegwebvideo-first.groovy and place it in in your pmsencoder scripts folder. This script prevents pmsencoder from forcing itself as the primary web transcoding engine.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

Excellent. Thanks for all your hard work. :)
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
Fraenzken

Post by Fraenzken »

Hello,

I'm new to Universal Media Server; I've used XBMC on a netbook connected to my LG TV so far in order to watch online content. I'm not too content with this solution though as my netbook is slow and has only WLAN connection. So I tried UMS as a UPNP Server on my main PC (which gives me also the possibility to watch videos and photos stored there on my TV).

Everything works great, but I sorely miss some of my XBMC Addons (above all, Irish TV and Demand 5). That's why I've tried Jumpy to get access to my XBMC addons. Something seems to have gone wrong, though: While some files play perfectly on my TV (e.g. some of the German mediathek), I see the [xbmc] Demand 5 and [xbmc] Irish TV folders on my TV, but they are empty. I've tried BBC iPlayer too; I see folders and subfolders and can browse through them, but I cannot play the media files.

I know iPlayer, Irish TV and Demand 5 are geoblocked, but I use Cyberghost VPN to get around this. The addons play perfectly in XBMC.

I've attached my logs; if anyone had an idea what is wrong, it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance (also for Jumpy; I'm sure the problem sits in front of the computer writing theses lines at the moment :) ).

Cheers
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(252.67 KiB) Downloaded 534 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Fraenzken wrote:but I sorely miss some of my XBMC Addons (above all, Irish TV and Demand 5)
The update below should get Irish TV to start working (It gets past the error on Demand 5 also, but there are further problems there that I haven't looked into yet).
xbmc-dev-130409.zip
Fraenzken wrote:some files play perfectly on my TV (e.g. some of the German mediathek),
The ones that don't play are links to asx playlists, which I need to look into further since I don't know the first thing about it. Mplayer is supposed to be able parse them (vlc also).
Fraenzken wrote:I've tried BBC iPlayer too; I see folders and subfolders and can browse through them, but I cannot play the media files.
Although I don't want to get deep into vpn/proxy stuff, I'd be glad to look at any logs and fix any obvious errors on the jumpy side of things.
Fraenzken

Post by Fraenzken »

infidel wrote:The update below should get Irish TV to start working (It gets past the error on Demand 5 also, but there are further problems there that I haven't looked into yet).
Thank you very much for looking into this, infidel. I appreciate your help very much.

I see the different folders in Irish TV now, but once I try to play an episode, my TV tries to load it for a while and then gives up with an error message. I can play the RTE live channels though :)

Similar thing with Demand5: I can browse the folders, but once I open a folder that should contain media items, it is empty, so that I cannot play anything. Any idea why?

I've attached the logs; I hope they help.
Thanks again!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(57.57 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Fraenzken wrote:I see the different folders in Irish TV now, but once I try to play an episode, my TV tries to load it for a while and then gives up with an error message. I can play the RTE live channels though :)
Try changing the addon setting 'General > Default action on select' from 'Download' to 'Play'.
Fraenzken wrote:Similar thing with Demand5: I can browse the folders, but once I open a folder that should contain media items, it is empty, so that I cannot play anything. Any idea why?
Demand 5 isn't working for me at all in xbmc. Attaching a set of (UMS) logs for it might be helpful.
Fraenzken

Post by Fraenzken »

infidel wrote:Try changing the addon setting 'General > Default action on select' from 'Download' to 'Play'.
Great, that worked, thanks!
Fraenzken wrote:Demand 5 isn't working for me at all in xbmc. Attaching a set of (UMS) logs for it might be helpful.
I'll post a few logs tomorrow; hope they help.
Thanks for your help!