Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

Discuss third party additions, plugins and translations for Universal Media Server
infidel
Developer
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Jumpy Plugin (7 August 2013)

Post by infidel » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:31 am

@nomi2013:
  • sorry for being a pest :), but please double-check that your resolver.py is the new one.
  • if you then still get the 'proxy' error in debug.log (which just means an internal communication failure between java and python) try disabling youtube_dl by editing resolver.py line 3:
    ################# configuration: use True/False #################
    enable_xbmc = True
    enable_youtube_dl = False
  • if it still doesn't work attach a new set of logs.
Regarding the EX621, you can get UMS to automatically match it to the EX620 (which I would guess is the right profile) by editing BraviaEX620.conf like so:
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch = (BRAVIA KDL.+EX62[0-9])

infidel
Developer
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Jumpy Plugin (7 August 2013)

Post by infidel » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:01 am

Casper wrote:WEB.conf videos work without ChunkedTransfer ... The only combination that doesn't work is: Jumpy + resolve_at_playback=true + ChunkedTransfer=false + DLNA.ORG_OP=01
sigh, it's a mystery :). It sounds like testpan5 is an adequate solution nonetheless so any reason I shouldn't release that for now?
Casper wrote:Adding/deleting bookmarks on Panasonic shows changes only when leaving the directory and returning.
I think this is as good as it gets, it's the same on Sony Bluray. btw do you see the 'Bookmark added/deleted' video messages on the Panasonic too?.

nomi2013
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:45 am

Re: Jumpy Plugin (7 August 2013)

Post by nomi2013 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 am

infidel wrote:@nomi2013:
  • sorry for being a pest :), but please double-check that your resolver.py is the new one.
  • if you then still get the 'proxy' error in debug.log (which just means an internal communication failure between java and python) try disabling youtube_dl by editing resolver.py line 3:
    ################# configuration: use True/False #################
    enable_xbmc = True
    enable_youtube_dl = False
  • if it still doesn't work attach a new set of logs.
Regarding the EX621, you can get UMS to automatically match it to the EX620 (which I would guess is the right profile) by editing BraviaEX620.conf like so:
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch = (BRAVIA KDL.+EX62[0-9])
Thanks infidel..will check once at home and let you know the findings.. :)
Nomi

nomi2013
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:45 am

Re: Jumpy Plugin (7 August 2013)

Post by nomi2013 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:34 am

nomi2013 wrote:
infidel wrote:@nomi2013:
  • sorry for being a pest :), but please double-check that your resolver.py is the new one.
  • if you then still get the 'proxy' error in debug.log (which just means an internal communication failure between java and python) try disabling youtube_dl by editing resolver.py line 3:
    ################# configuration: use True/False #################
    enable_xbmc = True
    enable_youtube_dl = False
  • if it still doesn't work attach a new set of logs.
Regarding the EX621, you can get UMS to automatically match it to the EX620 (which I would guess is the right profile) by editing BraviaEX620.conf like so:
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch = (BRAVIA KDL.+EX62[0-9])
Thanks infidel..will check once at home and let you know the findings.. :)
Nomi
Same error "Video File cannot be played"..attached are the log and resolver.py
Attachments
resolver.zip
(2.05 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
ums_dbg_20130913.zip
(36.23 KiB) Downloaded 119 times

infidel
Developer
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Jumpy Plugin (7 August 2013)

Post by infidel » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:47 am

nomi2013 wrote:Same error "Video File cannot be played"
  • You're absolutely right, sorry for doubting you on resolver.py :). Try the new release below.
  • Regarding use of the 'QUOTE' button, less is more ;). From the Mozilla netiquette page:
    Trim your follow-ups.
    • Do not quote the entire content of the message to which you are replying. Include only as much as is necessary for context. Remember that if someone wants to read the original message, they can; it is easily accessible. A good rule of thumb is, don't include more quoted text than new text.

      There is always a need for some trimming - either a salutation, a signature, some blank lines or whatever. If you are doing no trimming whatsoever of the quoted text, then you aren't trimming enough.

infidel
Developer
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Jumpy Plugin (7 August 2013)

Post by infidel » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:49 am

A couple of renderer-specific things to get web items working:
  • Panasonic TV:
    • Enable ChunkedTransfer in Panasonic.conf:

      Code: Select all

      ChunkedTransfer=true
  • Bravia TV:
    • Disable subs in UMS.conf (sorry, it's just a temporary workaround until UMS source is fixed):

      Code: Select all

      mencoder_disablesubs = true
Last edited by infidel on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

infidel
Developer
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Jumpy Plugin (7 August 2013)

Post by infidel » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:51 am

Update: jumpy-0.2.9

nomi2013
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:45 am

Re: Jumpy Plugin (14 September 2013)

Post by nomi2013 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:52 am

Thanks infidel
shoud I run the new .exe by placing it in plugin folder? also should I delete the other old .jar files?
Thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate it
Nomi

infidel
Developer
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Jumpy Plugin (14 September 2013)

Post by infidel » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:10 pm

nomi2013 wrote:shoud I run the new .exe by placing it in plugin folder? also should I delete the other old .jar files?
  • double-click the exe in the plugins folder (or alternatively press the update button on the jumpy config gui).
  • the jumpy-0.2.8 jars are no longer needed.

ExSport
Posts: 596
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:57 am

Re: Jumpy Plugin (7 August 2013)

Post by ExSport » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:51 pm

infidel wrote:A couple of renderer-specific things to get web items working:
  • Panasonic TV:
    • Enable CunkedTransfer in Panasonic.conf:

      Code: Select all

      ChunkedTransfer=true
If it has no side effect, it should be added to the official Panasonic.conf file 8-)
I remember that without it most of the Android Video Players were not able to play any video from UMS so I added it to the official trunk.

Post Reply