Jumpy and Photoshop Elements

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
hoteloskar

Jumpy and Photoshop Elements

Post by hoteloskar »

Hi,
I would like to watch my photos on TV in a way I have sorted them with Photoshop Elements in groups and marked with tags.
This all is stored in a sqlite database which structure I have already investigated.
So I got the impression that Jumpy could solve my problem. But unfortunately I do not fully understand the function of Jumpy.
Can anybody give me a hint?
Regards
Hans
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy and Photoshop Elements

Post by infidel »

hoteloskar wrote:This all is stored in a sqlite database ...So I got the impression that Jumpy could solve my problem.
Hi Hans, Jumpy can run scripts, including Kodi addons, but I don't know of any addon suitable for your purpose. If your database can be added to Kodi's 'Pictures' folders, you can view your photos via Kodi's built-in dlna server, or you can maybe try to view the Kodi 'Pictures' folder in UMS or PMS via pms-xbmc , but I've never used that plugin and don't know if it still works, or if it even supports pictures.

EDIT: Looks like Kodi shares only music and video over DLNA, my bad :oops:
hoteloskar

Re: Jumpy and Photoshop Elements

Post by hoteloskar »

Thank you for your reply infidel.
I do not expect that there is an existing plugin solving my problem.
I would like to write a Python script for Jumpy because the description for Jumpy says you can:
"add folders and media items to the xmb"
This gives me the impression that I could add folders with a Jumpy script based on the Photoshop sqlite database.
But I do not know how to start.
As mentioned above, I do not expect a complete solution, just a starting point.
Would this be possible.
Regards
Hans