JUMPY plugin : capture script for streaming audio only (what you hear) from computer

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
djull

JUMPY plugin : capture script for streaming audio only (what you hear) from computer

Post by djull »

Hello,

I was very happy to see that it seems to be possible to stream audio via UMS and JUMPY (last version which includes the CAPTURE script.

By default it seems to stream the screen as well, but I need only the audio played on the computer, as JAMCAST do. (but not for free)

I see a video stream but it doesn't work for some reason (unable to render) and the parameters to put are not very clear for me. (newbe to python scripts ...)

I installed the software needed but I don't know what to do in order to make it to work. If someone can explain for me (and the others one which want the same thing...)

Thanks ! and sorry for the poor english ...
infidel
Developer

Re: JUMPY plugin : capture script for streaming audio only (what you hear) from computer

Post by infidel »

djull wrote:I see a video stream but it doesn't work for some reason (unable to render) and the parameters to put are not very clear for me. (newbe to python scripts ...)
I installed the software needed but I don't know what to do in order to make it to work.
Hi djull, can you please post a set of logs showing navigation into the "Devices" xmb folder and an attempt to stream a device? It's possible to tweak the script to stream audio-only (I think :)), but first I need to have a better idea of the details of your setup.
djull

Re: JUMPY plugin : capture script for streaming audio only (what you hear) from computer

Post by djull »

Hi, after reinstalling software (some were missing), video streaming with sound work pretty well. I did only to reajust frame rate very low (2 fps) to have correct cpu load (only an old dual core on this pc).

I do have another remark : automatic detection found the webcam of my screeen and add approximate 40 different configurations of resolution and sound, and it is not cool to scroll down to found the correct one. I don't know how to mask them or force it to not detect it. The ideal should the availability to choose only the configurations we want. Maybe it is possible but the script of autodetection seems to be very complex for me.

Thanks. have a good day.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

djull wrote:after reinstalling software (some were missing), video streaming with sound work pretty well.
Glad you worked it out :).
djull wrote:automatic detection found the webcam of my screeen and add approximate 40 different configurations of resolution and sound, and it is not cool to scroll down to found the correct one. I don't know how to mask them or force it to not detect it.
Thx, I once started a version where discovery of all possible permutations happens inside a separate "Explore" folder, and the user could then mark which specific items should be displayed in the top folder, but never finished it. Will put it back on my TODO list :).

For now adding a line like this at capture.py:line 42 should cause your webcam to be skipped. Note that python is sensitive to indentation, so it must have 3 leading tabs, identical to the lines below it.

Code: Select all

print video_devices
		print audio_devices

for v in video_devices:
			if 'myWebCamName' in v: continue     #  <<<<< HACK to ignore a specific device
			lines = readlines(['ffmpeg', '-f', 'dshow', '-list_options', 'true', '-i', 'video=%s' % v[1:-1]], 1)
			opts = list(set(
djull

Post by djull »

Thanks a lot for these informations. I'm not at home these time to test but I will.