Jumpy and testing with Firefox

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
hoteloskar

Jumpy and testing with Firefox

Post by hoteloskar »

Hello,
I want to use Firefox for testing Phyton-scripts in Jumpy.
I tried to test and understand the hello.py script together with Firefox.
But the icons for: Test Env Var, Date, and netstat are shaded gray and a bubble says NOT PLAYABLE IN BROWSER.
Then I click on the button 'Play on another renderer' and a player apears in the top of the browser.
When I press the play button Firefox says. 'Connection broken' and the associated netstat function will not be executed.

Can somebody tell me how to show the icons and let the associated functions executed?

Regards
Hans
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy and testing with Firefox

Post by infidel »

hoteloskar wrote:tried to test and understand the hello.py script together with Firefox.
But the icons for: Test Env Var, Date, and netstat are shaded gray and a bubble says NOT PLAYABLE IN BROWSER.
Hi Hans, the web interface's playability logic needs a little work, and doesn't recognize jumpy's 'actions' as playable (although actual media items will mostly work in web). If you want a graphic test environment I would recommend browsing UMS via Kodi (in kodi: Videos > Add Videos... > Browse > UPnP Devices). For testing without a gui there's also jumpstart (.bat or .sh depending on os), which is meant for developing/debugging in a console.
hoteloskar

Post by hoteloskar »

Thank you infidel for your fast reply.
Using Kodi is a good hint. I just made some tries and it looks good, better than Firefox.

You also mentioned jumpstart which I have also tried in the past, but with small success.
By the way, the script jumpstart.bat should reference py4j0.9.jar instead of py4j0.8.jar which lead to a java exception.
So that was easy to fix. But when I tried jumpstart hello.py I get the following results.
jumpstart.jpg
jumpstart.jpg (77.03 KiB) Viewed 17532 times
Is that normal?
When I select the 1 I expected the python brunch and then the Hello/Version brunch.
Do I have a wrong expectation or a wrong usage?
Maybe you could give me a sample screenshot from jumpstart hello.py.

Another topic or question regarding hello.py is:
When I select Test Env Var I get also the results from date and netstat in a sequence.
Is that also normal?
Regards
Hans
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

hoteloskar wrote:By the way, the script jumpstart.bat should reference py4j0.9.jar instead of py4j0.8.jar which lead to a java exception.
So that was easy to fix. But when I tried jumpstart hello.py I get the following results...
Do I have a wrong expectation or a wrong usage?
Thanks for testing Hans, as you can probably tell it's been a while since I tried running hello.py myself :). No, your expectation is right and the fault is with jumpstart. Here's an updated version with the scripts fixed too:
jumpstart-0.2.7.zip
unzip to plugins/jumpy/
(23.64 KiB) Downloaded 590 times
hoteloskar wrote:When I select Test Env Var I get also the results from date and netstat in a sequence.
Possibly your renderer is set to autoplay next items?
hoteloskar

Post by hoteloskar »

Hi infidel, it is realy a great pleasure to read your constructive answers :-)
So jumpstart is now almost running as expected, with one exception.
Selected items will be executed only once. You can select them but the associated command will only be executed at the first time.
But again, I do not know if this is normal or not.

Testing with Kodi is a great help. I didn't know that Kodi can be used for this purpose.

So I am seeing my target, showing PSE pictures on TV, coming clother.

Best Regards
Hans
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

hoteloskar wrote:Selected items will be executed only once. You can select them but the associated command will only be executed at the first time.
But again, I do not know if this is normal or not.
This is 'normal', i.e. follows my own habit of ctrl-c,restart whenever I make a change, but I take your hint :). New version supporting rediscovery:
jumpstart-0.2.7b.zip
unzip to plugins/jumpy
(23.94 KiB) Downloaded 576 times

Code: Select all

Usage: jumpstart [-r] <scriptfile> [<args>...]
       -r   always rediscover folders
hoteloskar

Post by hoteloskar »

Thank's for the additional update of jumpstart.
jumpstart is really a good help to understand the funtions (API) of jumpy.

Now I'm going to start generating a jumpy script out of a PSE database by use of tcl.

Once again thank you very much for your assistance.
Hans
Nickm11

Post by Nickm11 »

How would you load this on a Mac?

I looked at the plugin support for Mac and I don't think it works like that on OSX10.11 The Library/Application Support/PMS folder seems different.

Thanx
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Nickm11 wrote:How would you load this on a Mac?
I looked at the plugin support for Mac and I don't think it works like that on OSX10.11 The Library/Application Support/PMS folder seems different.
I'm not sure what you mean specifically by 'this', jumpy plugin itself or jumpstart utility? As to osx locations, I believe the jumpy plugin should end up in

/Applications/Universal Media Server.app/Contents/Resources/plugins
and the configuration (aka 'profile') folder would be at

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/UMS
Also, there's a bug with the latest ums osx installer, which may or may not be a factor here.

Also, if you're asking in relation to your other question regarding reading articles, please reply in that thread as it would be off-topic here :).
hoteloskar

Post by hoteloskar »

Hello infidel,
meanwhile I am able to show my pictures in the PSE structure on my TV :-)
But the full tree generated with pms.addCmd will be shown and executed only in the video xmb branch.
In the xmb picture branch I get the message: "No pictures" at the last leaf.
Here is an example of one pms command:
pms.addCmd('PSE/Urlaub/Aegypten 2004', 'D:/TCL80/MYTCL/PSE/CMD/cmd100.bat')
This command coppies pictures into a distinct folder which I can then show in the xmb picture branch.
When I select "Aegypten 2004" I get the message "No pictures"

Is there a possibility to execute pms.addCmd also in the picture branch?
This would prevent moving from videos to pictures back and forward.