Channels Plugin

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
pen

Re: Channels Plugin

Post by pen »

So, I have changed to UMS 4.1.2 and tried to add the line

CharMap=/ : ###n ###e ###r ###e

to the renderer profile. However, the <CR> (hex 0a) is still there in the SOAP response. The replacement of / to : works well as before. Either ###n is ignored or it is not interpreted as hex 0a i guess.

Pen
Server Ubuntu 12.04, Renderer Samsung 46D6300
pen

Post by pen »

I took a chanse and just wrote:

CharMap=/ : \n :

and that worked out of the box. Actually it made both TV4 and Kanal5Play work - none of them worked before. For SVTPlay, upgrading to svt.ch v0.93 removed the bad characters anyway. But in the end this was really an improvement for my Samsung.

So I think we can se the problem as solved even if I never got the ###n to work. Left todo is only to update the official renderer profile for Samsung C/D.

Cheers
Pen
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Good news pen! My code outsmarts me!
I'll add the stuff to the render profiles.

As for SVTPlay they changed (that's why 0.93 was made) and then the matching didn't span multiple lines (again), but I'm fairly sure they'll change again and then the problem will get back so the CharMap is important to get to work...
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
pen

Post by pen »

Just a thought...

Since the title is a DLNA specified attribute not meant for formatting text layouts, wouldn't it be appropriate to always remove a "new line"? As I remember it the title attribute definition is inherited from a more generic namespace on media descriptions in general.

Pen
pen

Post by pen »

Since a month ago or so I cannot see SVTPlay A-Z. I uppgraded to svt.ch 0.94 but with no success. The different program folders are there but they are all empty (appart for the "add to favorite" dummy file).

Usually - as you can see in the thread - my upgrade problems has to do with Samsung DLNA incompatibility. But this time it works as bad with the Skifta DLNA controller so I won't blame Samsung this time. So before I start to trouble shoot, is there someone that has got svt.ch 0.94 to work? I guess it works for you SharkHunter since there is no later update?

Pen
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

pen - just tried (over a remote connection from work to home) and I could at least see ABC. Try over the webGui and see what happens. Then do it on your tv and produce logs
kastaldi

Post by kastaldi »

Hi everybody ! I use Channels plugin 2.22 with UMS 4.2.2 on a Linux Mint 17.1 OS and I am not able to play Youtube videos on my Samsung 32C6600. My fav videos are there in the right place but when I try to play them, my TV keeps on telling me format unsupported even when using Transcode folder. With local files it works like a charm (direct play or ffmpeg transcode) but it doesn't work with Youtube so I suspect something going wrong. Here are my log files. Can you help me ? Thanks !
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
Debug logs
(28.02 KiB) Downloaded 727 times
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

kastaldi - It looks like you try to use VLC for web videos. Change so ffmpeg is used instead. Plus I'm fairly certain the youtube-dl script changed so a new one should be used. I'll see if I can add this to the Channels bundle shortly, otherwise grab a new one from here http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/
pen

Post by pen »

SharkHunter wrote:pen - just tried (over a remote connection from work to home) and I could at least see ABC. Try over the webGui and see what happens. Then do it on your tv and produce logs
Hi SharkHunter.

I have tried over the webGui and got the same problem - no items in none of the A-Z folders. Attached is the logfile when browsed through the webGui. Checking the HTML source of SVT A-Z i cannot find the text "play_alphabetic-link" anywhere. And it seems like the next matcher (although not run) is permutated compared to the source (order of fields). Very strange - do we get the same home page from SVT? I will check on a Windows system as well in short.

My svt.ch is 0.94

Regards
Pen
Attachments
channel.log
(190.88 KiB) Downloaded 742 times
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

pen - try the latest svt.