Channels Plugin

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: Channels Plugin

Post by SharkHunter »

I've updated Channels rather big time. I added a monitor feature which I am inclining to add to UMS as well.
The plugin installer should work. If it doesn't, upload the logs and I'll fix it.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
magebarf

Post by magebarf »

Hi SharkHunter!

Regarding the big update, are you referring to version 1.94 then?

Just uninstalled and removed all of my config files and files left after uninstallation to install the new 1.52 version of UMS, and once done I used the plugin downloader to install the channels plugin, but then it is still version 1.92 of the Channel plugin being downloaded.

Going to the GitHub page, I can see the channels_194 .zip and tv_plug_194.jar in the downloads section, but it's only the .zip file (only containing the .ch files and the groovy/bat/perl scripts) that is downloadable. When I try to download the tv_plug_194.jar I get a "File was not found" error from GitHub (which I guess could explain the 0 count of downloads)...

So, I guess it might be a two-fold issue with the latest version, it not being downloaded which then again points to the issue that the file seems to be lost...

On a separate note, as I think you're giving great support here, and the plugin installer is making things a lot easier these days, but would it be possible to ask for a little update on the Readme.md (or the general readme) on GitHub? I think the version that is showing right now is pointing to version 1.42 or something of the channels plugin, and for myself I'm feeling quite uncertain of how applicable the instructions are with the latest version if one were to do a manual installation of the plugin...
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Damn GitHUB... Now I released 2.00 which should be downloadable and the Plugin INstaller should work...
Documentation isn't my strongest side. I'll try and update it...
Coren

Post by Coren »

I just found out about Channels, and I thought I'd give it a go. I'm using UMS 1.6.0 and used the built-in plugin downloader to install Channels (apparently that downloads version 2.03), but judging by the logs, something goes wrong when UMS tries to load it. Any ideas? I've already tried uninstalling and purging all configuration files, to no avail...

I can provide more files/logs if necessary.

Code: Select all

INFO  2012-10-11 10:52:28.801 [main] Searching for plugins in C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins
INFO  2012-10-11 10:52:28.807 [main] Found plugin: net.pms.external.LastFMScrobbler
INFO  2012-10-11 10:52:28.809 [main] Found plugin: com.chocolatey.pmsencoder.Plugin
INFO  2012-10-11 10:52:28.810 [main] Found plugin: com.sharkhunter.channel.CH_plugin
ERROR 2012-10-11 10:52:28.814 [main] Error loading plugin
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/pms/external/LastPlayedParent
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
	at net.pms.external.ExternalFactory.loadJAR(ExternalFactory.java:194) [ums.jar:na]
	at net.pms.external.ExternalFactory.loadJARs(ExternalFactory.java:151) [ums.jar:na]
	at net.pms.external.ExternalFactory.lookup(ExternalFactory.java:369) [ums.jar:na]
	at net.pms.PMS.init(PMS.java:434) [ums.jar:na]
	at net.pms.PMS.createInstance(PMS.java:803) [ums.jar:na]
	at net.pms.PMS.main(PMS.java:878) [ums.jar:na]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.pms.external.LastPlayedParent
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
	... 17 common frames omitted
INFO  2012-10-11 10:52:28.862 [main] LastFM Scrobbler initialization OK
INFO  2012-10-11 10:52:28.869 [main] PMSEncoder: initializing PMSEncoder 1.6.2
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Oops my mistake. I'm doing some experimenting and needed to publish some results. Sadly those results don't work. Use 2.00 for now.I'll update the installer (done now)
moern

Post by moern »

Hello!
I could really need some help with getting the channels working. I´ve tried both PMS with the Channel plug-in, the SHB and now this. I always get the same error message, "no files found", regardless of what channel i try to use.

Streaming video from my computer works without any problems.

Thanks,
Martin
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
Debug
(3.07 MiB) Downloaded 657 times
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

moern wrote:Hello!
I could really need some help with getting the channels working. I´ve tried both PMS with the Channel plug-in, the SHB and now this. I always get the same error message, "no files found", regardless of what channel i try to use.

Streaming video from my computer works without any problems.

Thanks,
Martin
Have you tired the folder limit? Pls make a smaller debug the debug.log is some 900 MB (unpacked) so my editors refuses to open it.
moern

Post by moern »

Oops... I've uploaded a new debug now.

Not shure about the folder limit. I've tried to follow this directions: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=80 but it did'nt help me.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
Debug
(37.69 KiB) Downloaded 676 times
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

moern wrote:Oops... I've uploaded a new debug now.

Not shure about the folder limit. I've tried to follow this directions: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=80 but it did'nt help me.
It looks weird but I've seen this occur on the PS3 from time to time. You'll hit the folder limit sooner or later but not that early that you see the problem. Try and restart EVERYTHING that is both PS3 and UMS. I suspect that the PS3 some times caches stuff and don't update. I've seen that nothing is in the folders and then al of a sudden the folders are full. So retstart and the supply some new logs...
hhen926

Post by hhen926 »

When I tried the icefilms channel using WD TV Live, I can see the movie titles.
But, when going inside each movie, I can only see 'Add to favorite', and there are no links to play.
Does anyone know what happened?
Thank you.