Channels Plugin

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
glenrocks

Re: Channels Plugin

Post by glenrocks »

Dropped by to say hello!! Hope all well with you SHarkhunter.

Seems folder limit is not there on DLNA1.5+
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

glenrocks wrote:Dropped by to say hello!! Hope all well with you SHarkhunter.

Seems folder limit is not there on DLNA1.5+
Yes all is well. Glad to see you here to :)

DLNA 1.5 will probably not help much unless Sony/MS upgrades XBOX/PS3 to support it. My Bravia tv hasn't this limit (nor my LG600ST).
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
glenrocks

Post by glenrocks »

Ya..I was looking for you in PMS forums and realized SharkHunter moved..good to see you too.

Must be a pain for Receivers with limits on how deep folders go.. :|
phrozenstare

Post by phrozenstare »

i spent hours a few months ago trying to get the channels option to work. i tried copying over everything from one of sharkhunters build and modifying the conf file but could never get it to work right. i just ended up installing sharkhunter's build and run that whenever i want to mess around with navi x
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Try this veriosn of UMS with built in Channels installer....http://sharkhunter-shb.googlecode.com/f ... -setup.exe
gambit

Post by gambit »

just tried this new version but the plugins are not showing up, i clicked on install plugins and it starts download files and takes a couple a seconds on pepy.zip but then closes but under plugins channels option does not appear, it appears it doesnt finish downloading the files
gambit

Post by gambit »

ok, found part of the problem it downloads a corrupted tv_plug 1.79, which is about 1kb when the actual size is mid 200kbs. Is this also supposed to download the channels or do we need to put them manually?
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

gambit wrote:ok, found part of the problem it downloads a corrupted tv_plug 1.79, which is about 1kb when the actual size is mid 200kbs. Is this also supposed to download the channels or do we need to put them manually?
No the idea is that all should be installing itself. I'll try and come up with some more stable solution for this...
gambit

Post by gambit »

SharkHunter wrote:
gambit wrote:ok, found part of the problem it downloads a corrupted tv_plug 1.79, which is about 1kb when the actual size is mid 200kbs. Is this also supposed to download the channels or do we need to put them manually?
No the idea is that all should be installing itself. I'll try and come up with some more stable solution for this...

the idea looked good, i dont know how hard this may be since i know only basic programming would it be easy to keep a folder online with the latest plugins, another folder with channels etc, have ums download it from the contents from each and than put them in the appropriate place and update the ums.conf? Than everytime you update something you could put it in the online folder that way it would always have the latest plugins but like i said i dont know if this is too complicated or not
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

That was the plan and actually it works if github and googlecode would have worked as expected, but they didn't. So now I changed so it works with github. I'll do a new "release" of this shortly...