Channels Plugin

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
bcrest1

Re: Channels Plugin

Post by bcrest1 »

Question re: the NaviX script use of Mencoder as default transcoder. For the occasional .flv stream I encounter I can only get video (no audio). If this has been answered, apologies, as I've searched both forums and have not come across it. Any ideas on how I might get the audio going on NaviX .flv? Can the script be given an ffmpeg transcode switch for .flv streams? Thanks.

Edit: of course referring in this case to the navix.groovy script.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Haven't seen this myself. Could you give me a link or pointer??
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
bcrest1

Post by bcrest1 »

Thanks Shark... attached debugs. The .flv in question is timestamp: 2012-07-12 12:50:41.830. I should note that .avi seems to be doing fine (although the one prior did not play for some reason. I've already taken this flick in from this very movreel list - an avi. In Navix, .flv audio has not been kind so far.

Thanks for your time... and thanks to you and the other Devs for the great stuff you do here.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
Incl: .conf & debug
(48.04 KiB) Downloaded 1028 times
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

You get a NPE (nullpointer exception) at a line that is non exsting (cool stuff). You use HTTPv2 try with v1 and see if the problem is still there..
bcrest1

Post by bcrest1 »

Will do. Returning home tomorrow and, although I'm sure I've used both modes, will give V1 a shot. Interestingly, it seems as though following that exception, the request looks to repeat and the second time it seems to get what it wants from the renderer. I've noticed this exception only since installing UMS, not with your latest SHB. Yet even with SHB, I still had a problem with NaviX .flv video/no audio.
bcrest1

Post by bcrest1 »

To update Shark, HTTP V1 seems to prevent the null exception, however, my issue with no audio in NaviX .flv streams persists. I've just updated UMS and will update if there's any change. Meanwhile, if there are other troubleshooting tips you might have I'd truly appreciate it. Thanks.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Just make sure to enclose the complete debug info and I'm pretty sure we could figure out what the problem is..
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

I updated this to 1.89 since I found some NaviX script parseing bugs. However there are still some issues with the "cyberlockers" and thier non-premium downloads as stuff times out within UMS/PMS. Hopefully more will work anyway
magebarf

Post by magebarf »

I have issues running any web content as well, both through channels and the standard Web functionality...

I cannot for the moment pack together a good log with everything, as the TV is occupied, but just to outline what one needs to do to get things running before I start rounding up logs to be analyzed;
  1. VLC 2.0.2 is installed already before I start out.
  2. Do an installation of Universal Media Server 1.4.0 (seeing a bit of feedback in other threads, made sure to use a path without any spaces).
  3. Use the plugin installer to get the Channels plugin installed.
  4. Fetch the .ch files I want to use and add them to the extras\channels folder.
The Channels installation using the plugin installer makes sure that PMSEncoder, rtmpdump, curl and youtube-dl is installed as far as I can see.
As far as I can tell this should be the only things needed to get streaming up and running, or have I missed any step?

The only results I do get on the PS3 when trying to watch things either in the Web folder (the TED or the onion clips) or through channels was the old message "there is corrupt data" and after Firmware upgrade earlier this week I get the "This content cannot be played. (800288E1)" instead.
bcrest1

Post by bcrest1 »

bcrest1 wrote:To update Shark, HTTP V1 seems to prevent the null exception, however, my issue with no audio in NaviX .flv streams persists. I've just updated UMS and will update if there's any change. Meanwhile, if there are other troubleshooting tips you might have I'd truly appreciate it. Thanks.
Late following up on this... will need to give 1.89 a try (logs below based on UMS 1.40 + PMSE 1.6.1 + Ch 179 + HTTP V1 - which resolved null exception).

Time stamp for video/no audio .flv is 2012-07-21 16:00:11.826. Thanks.
Attachments
pms_dbg.zip
(304.61 KiB) Downloaded 936 times