How to see MovieInfo data

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Gilles

How to see MovieInfo data

Post by Gilles »

Hello everyone.
I use UMS V6.4.0 and a Sony Bravia TV KDL-46W5500
I have activated the plugin MovieInfo.
I use the MovieInfo default settings.

- Plugins: IMDB,FILMWEB,CSFD,MOVIEMETER,ALLOCINE,MYMOVIES,OFDB,FILMDELTA,SENSACINE,ONFILM,KINOPOISK
- Nb of actors 99 , Download Cover to folder is ticked, Linelength = 60 , displayInfo = title,rating,tagline,genre,plot,cast,director
- Filter field contains : filter
- scan Path : is empty

The TV shows me the list of the movies along with their cover thumbnails, but I am not able to see the movie détails( director, actor, ...) . How are they supposed to be shown? Do I have to press a TV remote control button? I went through the forum and the MovieInfo plugin site, but it is not explained.

Thanks for your help
Regards,
Gilles
Gilles

Re: How to see MovieInfo data

Post by Gilles »

Hello Squadjot.
thanks for the info.
I have just installed Ums-Mlx to test it.
It works fine an I can get the movie détails Inside UMS-MLX.

My point is : how to show up these movies détails on my TV screen.
When I display the list of the movies titles on the TV screen, I would like to get these info because, some times, the title is not enough to remember what is the subject, who is the director or/and the actors.

Mabe this feature doesn't exist yet.

Regards,
Gilles
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

I would not get my hopes too high..

On most (all) devices DLNA is kinda limited, it's bascically always just folder structure / playlist..
No fancy "Home Theatre Media Centre"-look..with art backgrounds and whatnot.

MovieInfo plugin should be able to telll you the basics.. genre, actors , imdbscore ..etc.. but it's seems broken atm. :/
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Btw, i have the same TV as you ..just a 40".
If you have troubles with picture getting stretched, you should try the config here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=119&p=2698&hilit=W5500#p572

Edit: I ahve tried many Media Servers, and alltho UMS might sems a bit messy.. it's cleary the best iv'e tried when it comes to performance and consistency
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Edit: Folder.jpg thumbnails works , but it's important that they are not too big. (<= 512px)
Gilles

Post by Gilles »

Thanks.
I use the profile sony-bravia5500.conf but I have added the statement: KeepAspectRatio = true and it works fine to me.

The only issue that I have with UMS is that the sound and image becomes jerky when there are too much data to display (moving grass + wind or snow storm) but maybe it comes from the Bravia TV or from my Ethernet network. For the above reason, I avoid to Watch 1080p movie .I prefer the 720p

Regards,
Gilles
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Yes you are right about the stuttering, that happens when too much data is sent to the TV

I added this to the render config and it seems to fix it:

Code: Select all

MaxVideoBitrateMbps = 30
If you still experience stuttering try lowering it a few digits. So far 30 has been good.

A new setting KeepAspectRatioTranscoding = true is also available
Add it so you have both:

Code: Select all

KeepAspectRatio = true
KeepAspectRatioTranscoding = true
Here's an old post i made about the TV, i update it now and then.
viewtopic.php?t=119
Gilles

Post by Gilles »

Thanks a lot for the tips.
i will try with (MaxVideoBitrateMbps = 30 + KeepAspectRatioTranscoding + KeepAspectRatio = true).
Gilles
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Plugin parses movie sites to gather info about them. If there is any change to web, it will break the functionality.
You should describe what doesn't work exactly and what engine.
Btw. GUI settings doesn't work fully, e.g. setting engines order, nr. of actors etc...
You should change it directly in MOVIEINFO.CONF file where is also some further infou about params.